Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 11:06 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,549,515 times

Advertisements

Got some Back in the USSR in there too. Nice touch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 11:17 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times

2008 Seal Hunt - Canadian Coast Guard Rams Sea Shepherd - YouTube
Bah the last thing Canada Rammed was the whale wars hippies..

In this video The Sea Shepherd vessel, a private yacht registered in the Netherlands and sailing in international waters outside the Canadian 12 mile limit, was twice rammed by a Canadian Coast Guard icebreaker vessel in order to prevent the Sea Shepherd crew from documenting the 2008 seal slaughter.
Initially the Canadian government claimed that they didn't ram the Farley Mowat. Next they admitted to 'grazing' her. Finally, they are now claiming the Farley Mowat rammed their vessel! This despite the fact that the Farley Mowat was actually stationary when rammed for the second time!

LOL that is how Canada says when nearing Canadian arctic waters to what is classed as a eco-terroist group and vessel by the US and Canadian coast guard... Guess they now know that that a private yacht registered in the Netherlands is not allowed into US and Canadian waters.

LOL atleast the Canadian Coast Guard Ice Breaker looks Freaking awsome in that video too bad we can't send those to hit Iran ships with atleast Canada hcould contribute somrthing uuseful and made for smashing and crushing things while at sea like ice or Iranian naval frigates.

Last edited by GTOlover; 01-04-2012 at 11:32 AM..

Old 01-04-2012, 11:41 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
There is no doubt the Navy could protect itself in open waters. However, protecting itself in the confined waters of the Straits of Hormuz is more problematic. Ships need time to detect a missile or other weapon coming and take counter-measures. The closer the enemy is the harder it gets. And you don't need a big sophisticated missile system to do it. As the Somali pirates have demonstrated, all you need is a few armed men in a fast Zodiac. So lets not assume that it would be navy against navy.
Missile systems require tracking, the second you turn it on the Planes in the air (they will be there) will destroy you, they can do this in seconds. Try attacking a warship with a zodiac when that warship is on alert, they would turn the entire zodiac and its crew into tiny bits of fish food in seconds.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:54 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Yes sounds like a great idea "blockaid and call their bluff; let us start a new war so we can have more of our soldiers killed, their soldiers killed and let us not forget the collateral damage of killing innocent men, women and children and also really put the screws to our economy add more profits for the weapons companies; hey with a little luck maybe we can draw China into this little war, wouldn't that be fun
You think China wants Iran to block oil from leaving the strait? Why would they intervene? Iran are the ones pushing the Issue not ours. The strait is not theirs to close. I guess if they decided to close the panama canal you would have no problem either?

Old 01-04-2012, 11:57 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Seriously! Any one who thinks the US Navy is out dated hasn't been paying attention. War Games are designed to take into account the worst possible scenarios. Thousands of people's entire jobs are to figure out what the other side is going to do, what they can do, and to counter it.

I'm not saying that the USN can't be caught with it's pants down, it's happened to many times for it to NOT happen again. But based on publicly available data, the US Military is still ahead of anyone else.
Yeah and their pants are definitely not down at this point an time.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Got some Back in the USSR in there too. Nice touch!
LOL yeah but it is in Russian but hey I wonder if the soviets liked Bon Jovi since that was a good song and at the time Rock and Roll from the west was banned behind the the Iron Curtain.

I mean Rock and Roll was banned and jammed from Soviet Radio because being under commie rule sucks and one major reason why Freedom and Democracy won and the Soviet union fell was because of good 60's/70's/80's Rock music.

we had better technology, TV, Books, Cars and music then the Soviets because aswome Rock music where jimmy Hendrix or the Rolling stones sounded good the choice many options on things like a 1970 Chevelle SS or 67 Ford Mustang GT beat Soviet radio and the the 2-stroke Trabant.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Missile systems require tracking, the second you turn it on the Planes in the air (they will be there) will destroy you, they can do this in seconds. Try attacking a warship with a zodiac when that warship is on alert, they would turn the entire zodiac and its crew into tiny bits of fish food in seconds.
Plus I am pretty sure the the US navy can jam Iran's Naval Radar systems and tracking systems..

I mean ta Carrier Group gehas over the horizon and real time data feeds from all the ships, planes, subs well Iran is not really in LEO so they do not have control like we do from all our space based assets.

shoot down their all sats in orbit and they are blind and deaf.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:12 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
Still no mention of this in the news...

Interesting...if it weren't for the internet, and being able to access foreign news sorces, one would never even know it occured...

I wonder why the U.S. media has been told to sensor this latest show down between U.S and Iran?

Old 01-04-2012, 04:39 PM

45,380 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Still no mention of this in the news...

Interesting...if it weren't for the internet, and being able to access foreign news sorces, one would never even know it occured...

I wonder why the U.S. media has been told to sensor this latest show down between U.S and Iran?

Nope, no mention at all:

World: World News, International News, Foreign Reporting - The Washington Post

News Wrap: Despite Iranian Threats, U.S. Navy Sending Warships to Persian Gulf - YouTube

U.S.: Warships will sail despite Iran's threats - CBS News

Iran warns U.S. over aircraft carrier - CNN.com

You must not have been looking.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:51 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
I don't have a tv...so I'm limited to radio...and I haven't heard a drop about it...

Accept from over seas sorces...

Has anything come out about it today?

I'll check out those links...

but if you have cable and all...could you keep us informed on here?

I mean what is the latest news?
Have our ships headed back to the region?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies