Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 02:59 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,354,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
God does not give the spirit of fear to those who walk with him . Yet the bible says the beginning of wisdom is the fear of the Lord. For good reason. It is God who created us and he can do what he wants with us. But in our new life perfect love casts out fear. Faith in God and his love for us casts out all fear.

God is slow to anger , a loving God who sent Jesus for the remission of sin. But there are those who love sin more than God. They have a choice here..Life is short when one gets very old and looks at the time that has passed..it is short and the years go fast when an eternity is forever.

Should one throw away eternity for a short season of lust and pleasure? It is up to each of us to make the choice to walk in their own ways or choose to walk as we were made to , as we are all made in the image of God.

God knew we all were condemned but God sent Jesus to give us salvation , to salvage those who were living without God and in the power of satan.

Jesus is the power over the old life of sin and the new life is given through the Holy Spirit.. All one has to do is ask Jesus for the Holy Spirit to defeat the sin nature and the Holy Spirit will do just that. A new nature is born in the new creation of Christ. A new spirit that will live forever.
You better watch out
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town

He's making a list
And checking it twice;
Gonna find out Who's naughty and nice

He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake!

O! You better watch out!
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
God made us in his image. We create as God creates.. It is what we do with what is created.. is it good or bad ?

We who use the computer for the good use of it or the bad use of it. Same with everything man creates.
Men created your god in their own image then endowed 'him' with their own human emotions and behavior. That's why the god described in your Bible was so petty, angry, jealous, schizophrenic, misogynistic, murderous, male etc and was limited by their own knowledge of the world at that time. It's anthropomorphism.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayicha02 View Post
For me homosexuality is not a normal thing because GOD created Adam and Eve and not : adam and adam or eve and eve. i will tell them to love those peoples because there are human beings but, to hate their way of living and seeing things.
Once upon a time there were 3 bears....
And God said to them "Go forth and explore the forest.
But do not eat of the red apple because that is from the evil satanic queen
and Sleeping Beauty already took a bite and look what happened to her....

Oopps sorry. I've mixed up my fairytales.

Last edited by Ceist; 03-06-2012 at 04:05 AM..

Old 03-06-2012, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The only people who teach their kids that homosexuality is normal are the kind of people who listen to quack groups such as the American Psychological Association.

A compendium of revered psychologists and mental health professionals can never compete with wikipedia trained psychologists and quack armchair psychologists that inhabit this board.

The APA is the largest association of psychologists in the world. Every other professional health or science body says pretty much the same thing. So are millions of health professionals around the world all quacks according to you?

You sound just like a scientologist.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
No one is defending homosexuality because it's observed in the animal kingdom. They - WE - are defending it because we see no harm in homosexuality in and of itself, and there's at least a CHANCE people are born homosexual. In other words, it'd be (that S-word you used) to object to homosexuality.

Mention of the fact that it's found in the animal kingdom is typically in response to the claim that it isn't natural.

It's natural, as it can be observed in nonhuman animals.

It's justified (therefore defended) because no one can show how it's harmful.
Your last sentence doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Replace the word 'homosexuality' with' left-handedness' and maybe you'll see what I mean.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Evolution doesn't work on individuals, so it's not a requirement for every human on earth to reproduce. Homosexuality increases the survival of animal species through things like increased clutch size, social bonding, extra caretakers for children, etc.
With the more recent evidence that gays and lesbians have differences in their brain functioning and structure, I wonder if it's also because homosexuals can think from a different perspective to heterosexuals? Nature loves diversity. Social conservatives do not.
If everyone in the world was a social conservative we would have died out long ago....mostly from complete stagnation and boredom.

Last edited by Ceist; 03-06-2012 at 04:36 AM..

Old 03-06-2012, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Every teacher, parent and anyone with authority over kids should teach them that it is abnormal and definitly not natural and harmful.

AIDS is found in homosexuals at an extremely higher rate than in heterosexuals.
Ever heard of Africa?

Worldwide, HIV is transmitted mostly through heterosexual sex.

Also, amongst lesbians (who are also homosexual) there has never been a single reported case of HIV transmission where the only factor was female/female sex.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:38 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,843,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Just admit it. You love gay people. That's why you always post on these threads. It's like the little boy pulling a little girl's pigtails because he likes her.
Isn't it funny how he said he "was going to stay out of it". Then he's gone on to make about a dozen more posts.... Just can't stay away eh Scotty?

I'm reminded of another forum where gay marriage was being discussed. it went on and on over about 48 pages and many months, with the only constant being one member (coincidently also named Scott) who checked in once a day to post "Moderator, lock this thread! Gays are nasty!". He just couldn't stay away.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:53 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,322,981 times
Quote:
So it's up to the parents to teach children about neurobiology? What if the parents are uneducated about neurobiology?
Where did I say teach? You make no sense at all.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:22 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,371,847 times
Quote:
Do you also think people have a "right" to be left-handed or black?

Do you think left-handedness or being black needs to be justified?
Yes, they have the right to be left-handed or black (I see what you were TRYING to do, but actually, both of these things can be changed).

And I don't think left-handedness or being black should ever HAVE to be justified, but they ARE justified... Good enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies