Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 07:07 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,498,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Ahh!!!! There's no such thing as a happy gay person as he spends eternity burning in a lake of fire.
Agreed. The pee pee was not meant to go up the boo boo hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 07:22 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Absolutely not.

Lev 18:22, 1 Tim 1:10, 1 Cor 6:9, Lev 20:13, and Rom 1:27 tell me that homosexuality is an abomination. Crossdressing is also an abomination for Deut 22:5 tells me so.

I also believe people who are inhospitable are an abomination, for that is what Gen 18:20 tells me. The blind, the disabled, and people who wear contacts or glasses cannot approach the alter of God for Lev 21:18-21 tells me so. Bestiality and mixing crops in farming and mixing fabrics in clothes are all unnatural and an abomination for Lev 19:19 and Deut 22:9-12 tell me so. Needless to say, not having tassels on my cloaks is an abomination as well. Shellfish is an abomination because Lev 11 tells me so. Eagles, vultures, and pigs are an abomination for Deut 14 tells me so, along with outlining all other kinds of dietary restrictions.

It goes without saying that homosexuality, like shrimp and eagles, blind people and men with crushed testicles, is completely unnatural and abnormal and is to be avoided. Thank God for the Bible, which helps clarify some issues I wasn't sure on. But now I can be sure to know that homosexuality is wrong. I have to go--I have to finish sewing a fourth tassel on my cloak.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:27 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Absolutely not.

Lev 18:22, 1 Tim 1:10, 1 Cor 6:9, Lev 20:13, and Rom 1:27 tell me that homosexuality is an abomination. Crossdressing is also an abomination for Deut 22:5 tells me so.

I also believe people who are inhospitable are an abomination, for that is what Gen 18:20 tells me. The blind, the disabled, and people who wear contacts or glasses cannot approach the alter of God for Lev 21:18-21 tells me so. Bestiality and mixing crops in farming and mixing fabrics in clothes are all unnatural and an abomination for Lev 19:19 and Deut 22:9-12 tell me so. Needless to say, not having tassels on my cloaks is an abomination as well. Shellfish is an abomination because Lev 11 tells me so. Eagles, vultures, and pigs are an abomination for Deut 14 tells me so, along with outlining all other kinds of dietary restrictions.

It goes without saying that homosexuality, like shrimp and eagles, blind people and men with crushed testicles, is completely unnatural and abnormal and is to be avoided. Thank God for the Bible, which helps clarify some issues I wasn't sure on. But now I can be sure to know that homosexuality is wrong. I have to go--I have to finish sewing a fourth tassel on my cloak.
As I mentioned in post #269, it looks like just about everybody is damned!

Old 12-31-2011, 07:38 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
As I mentioned in post #269, it looks like just about everybody is damned!
Whew, just finished the fourth tassel. I'm good to go, now, or so I hope. Now I'm just praying for all the people in the countries and cultures that go by the Gregorian calendar, because most of them will get drunk tonight. Lord have Mercy upon them for they do not know that they sin. Well I'm sure some of them do, but don't care. Thank you Lord God.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:51 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
I would much rather my son be gay and HAPPY then non-HAPPY and straight. His life, his decision.

There's a lot worse things in this world to worry about IMO.

I just realized that you were the one who basically implied I was a spoiled brat for insisting on humane treatment in the workplace. Thanks for that.
Irony alert!

GAY use to mean HAPPY

Now it doesn't, and that is SAD.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:20 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
It's not wrong to me because I want it to be wrong! It's wrong to me because there are two sexes in the human race...male and female. And there's no disputing that.

Again, my position is that homosexuals should be treated equal and respected like everyone else. Now in my view, the government and homosexuals cross the line when they try force people, especially children to believe otherwise.

and there are different unchosen sexual orientations too.. how could an unchosen trait be unnatural? that's like saying left handedness is unnatural becaue a minority are left handed

Old 12-31-2011, 11:45 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Absolutely not! -- Would you teach your children that an approach by an 'overly friendly' adult who tells them his 'touching' is normal and natural? - Isn't that the big issue in the Catholic church of homosexual priests molesting young boys?

As with all things, if you wait for your children to get old enough to responsibly make-up their own minds, you are abdicating your responsibility as a parent. This homosexual indoctrination at a very young age in the schools (eg; "I have two daddies/mommies," etc) is strongly promoting an agenda that has nothing to do with basic respect and human rights.

I am NOT advocating 'gay-bashing' or a lack of respect for the person, but, teaching young children that homosexual sexuality is normal, natural and even desirable .... is flying under a false pretense of open-mindedness.
You're "Not advocating 'gay bashing' or a 'lack of respect' for the person"? You're kidding me. You just equated homosexuality with child molestors indoctrinating children.

If you want to warn children against child molestors you are looking in the wrong direction. The vast majority of child molestors (of either boys or girls), who have an adult sexual orientation are heterosexual men, not gay men.

As for the Catholic Church and trying to link homosexuality with child abuse, read the the John Jay report:

Quote:
The report concludes that the vast majority of clergy sex offenders are not pedophiles at all but were situational generalists violating whoever they had access to. Pedophiles, by definition, seek sexual gratification from pre-pubescent children of one gender and target this age and gender group (especially while under stress). Clergy sexual offenders in the Church were more likely to be targeting whoever was around them (and they had unsupervised access to) regardless of age and gender.

The researchers conclude that there is no causative relationship between either celibacy or homosexuality and the sexual victimization of children in the Church. Therefore, being celibate or being gay did not increase the risk of violating children. So, blaming the clergy abuse crisis in the Catholic Church on gay men or celibacy is unfounded.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...atholic-church

Last edited by Ceist; 01-01-2012 at 12:48 AM..

Old 01-01-2012, 12:09 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,664 times
I don't think that children need to be taught what to think about anything. I don't think that teachers should have anything to do with teaching kids about homosexuality. Parents don't really need to do it either because in public school, the first week of any grade, you learn more about anything that has to do with sex, drugs and alcohol than what you should be learning in school. That said, I think parents do have a responsibility teach their kids what homosexuality is at an appropriate age, not kindergarten.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
It's not wrong to me because I want it to be wrong! It's wrong to me because there are two sexes in the human race...male and female. And there's no disputing that.

Again, my position is that homosexuals should be treated equal and respected like everyone else. Now in my view, the government and homosexuals cross the line when they try force people, especially children to believe otherwise.
Not exactly.

(thanks to archineer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
There are a number - over a hundred - of medical conditions we call "Intersex". That is, neither wholly male, nor wholly female.
This is not a philosophical issue, or a religious issue, it's a biological issue, capable of being examined and proven by objective tests.

Most - 98.3% in fact - people are normally male, or normally female. No doubts, no ambiguities. And of the 1.7% who are Intersexed, most are asymptomatic, and never know - unless they go to a fertility clinic, or have a gene test taken for health reasons. You could be one of them.

But for 1 in 1000 - yes, that common - it's not asymptomatic at all. Many of the more conditions have already been mentioned, but they're not the most spectacular ones.

AIS - androgen insensitivity syndrome. This feminises a masculine body. There are degrees - partial AIS 1 leads to a male body with hypogonadism, undeveloped genitalia, and probably some other feminisation too. Complete AIS (CAIS) results in a female body. Miss Teen America 1991 had CAIS. Women with CAIS universally have a female gender identity - more on that later.

CAH - congenital adrenal hyperplasia. This masculinises a feminine body. Again, there are degrees. Only 1 in 10 have a male gender identity, despite somewhat masculinised genitalia.

Kleinfelter - usually 47xxy rather than 46xy (male) or 46xx (female), though 48xxyy etc and combinations are also possible. These people usually look male, with male gender identities. But some don't, and some have even given birth.

Turner syndrome - 45x - has been explained before.

Swyer sundrome - 46xy, but with a complete female reproductive system, except for the gonads. They can give birth, but only as surrogate mothers.

There are 46xy women who have given birth in the normal way. There are 46xx men who have fathered children. There are mosaics, people with both 46xx and 46xy chromosomes in different parts of their bodies. Or 45x/46xy, or 47xxy/46xx, or 47xxy/46xy, and so on.

It gets worse though. It has been common medical practice to surgically alter newborn babies with unusual genitalia so they look "normal". This means that some normal baby boys whose male organ was deemed too small were castrated, and surgically altered to look female. Many only were told later in life - usually after they'd seen a psychiatrist because they thought they were transsexual. They looked female, but their gender identity was always male.

But that's not all. There are several rare conditions, such as 5ARD and 17BHDD that cause a natural sex change. Those born with 5ARD or 17BHDD look like little girls, regardless of their chromosomes. But half masculinise at puberty, the genitals change shape, and some can even father children. For 2/3 of them, this is a wonderful relief, gender identity is usually male. But for the rest, it's a descent into nightmare, and a medical emergency.

OK, that's Intersex - but what about Transsexuality? Isn't that just a mental illness, curable with therapy or drugs or something?

No. Transsexuality is a form of Intersex, one where the brain, rather than other parts of the body, is affected. In fact, other parts of the body are often affected too, and the only area of the brain that matters is the lymbic nucleus, the parts that deal with emotions, instincts, body map, ovulation and so on.

This has been known since 1996, as the result of autopsies on the brains of transsexual people. We've known that male and female brains differ structurally for even longer, but the results from 1996 show that transsexuals have cross-gendered brains, just as some intersexed people have cross-gendered genitalia or chromosomes. We can now use Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) to show this on people who aren't dead. Which is a distinct advantage to the people concerned.

See:
Zhou JN, Hofman MA, Gooren LJ, Swaab DF. A sex difference in the human brain and its relation to transsexuality. Nature (1995) 378:68–70. A sex difference in the human brain and its relation to transsexuality

Kruijver FP, Zhou JN, Pool CW, Hofman MA, Gooren LJ, Swaab DF. Male–to–female transsexuals have female neuron numbers in a limbic nucleus. J Clin Endocrinol Metab (2000) 85:2034–2041.
Male-to-Female Transsexuals Have Female Neuron Numbers in a Limbic Nucleus

And many other papers on the subject.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
How about the other way around since homosexuals are in the extreme minority.

Oh that's right! homosexuals can't have children, all they can do is buy (I mean adopt) and indoctrinate/brainwash that way....
Of course gays and lesbians can have children. And many do. They aren't infertile.

So what do you do for the 99.99999999% of your life when you are not having sex trying to 'procreate'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies