Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 08:45 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,746,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
And straights go after young girls (or boys, in the case of female straights). I was molested by a (heterosexual) teacher (of the opposite sex) who's been teaching for 40 years now. I found out from other students I wasn't the only one. We tried to bring it to the school board but they just hushed it all up, a la Penn State.

That doesn't disgust you more than two adult men in love having consensual sex?

ETA: I'm the only lesbian of all the students who were molested by that teacher so don't try that whole "oh that must be why you're gay" reasoning cause the rest of them are straight.
Actually, straights go after young girls and young boys according to all scientific studies. Gay men aren't attracted to feminine, hairless, smooth qualities of young boys and thus are far less likely to find them attractive than straight men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 08:47 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,354,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Gays go after young boys as well. I have known a few gays who have done this and it is disturbing.

Men 35 and over going after boys who are 13 years old. Sick! Oh, they say they are homosexuals not pedophiles.
Here's just some of the research from the past 60 years.... yet again:

“The research to date all points to there being no significant relationship between a homosexual lifestyle and child molestation. There appears to be practically no reportage of sexual molestation of girls by lesbian adults, and the adult male who sexually molests young boys is not likely to be homosexual."
Groth,
A. N., & Gary, T. S. (1982). Heterosexuality, homosexuality, and pedophilia: Sexual offenses against children and adult sexual orientation.

"Homosexuality and homosexual pedophilia are not synonymous. In fact, it may be that these two orientations are mutually exclusive, the reason being that the homosexual male is sexually attracted to masculine qualities whereas the heterosexual male is sexually attracted to feminine characteristics, and the sexually immature child’s qualities are more feminine than masculine. . . . The child offender who is attracted to and engaged in adult sexual relationships is heterosexual. It appears, therefore, that the adult heterosexual male constitutes a greater sexual risk to underage children than does the adult homosexual male."
A. NicholasGroth, William F. Hobson, and Thomas S. Gary, “The Child Molester: Clinical Observations,” in Social Work and Child Sexual Abuse, eds. Jon R. Conte and David A. Shore (New York: Haworth Press, 1982), p.136.

"Amongst the heterosexuals, the commonest remarks concerning attractive features of the victims, were that the young boys did not have any body hair and that their bodies were soft and smooth."
Marshal, W.L.; Barbaree, H.E.; Butt, Jennifer. “Sexual offenders against male children: Sexual preferences.”

“Homosexual males who preferred physically mature partners responded no more to male children than heterosexual males who preferred physically mature partners responded to female children”
Journal of Sex Research -Freund, Kurt; Watson, Robin J.; Rienzo, Douglas. “Heterosexuality, homosexuality, and the erotic age preference.” Journal of Sex Research 26, no. 1 (1989): 107-117

“..a child’s risk of being molested by his or her relative’s heterosexual partner is 100 times greater than by someone who might be identified as a homosexual."
(Carole Jenny et al., Are Children at Risk for Sexual Abuse by Homosexuals?; 94 Pediatrics 41; July 1994)

“The adult heterosexual male constitutes a greater risk to the underage child than does the adult homosexual male”
National Institutes of Health – PubMed(Groth and Birnbaum, “Adult Sexual Orientation and Attraction to Underage Persons.”)

“The belief that homosexuals are particularly attracted to children is completely unsupported by our data.”
National Institutes of Health – PubMed (Groth and Birnbaum, “Adult Sexual Orientation and Attraction to Underage Persons.”)

"One study noted that 98% of these male perpetrators self-identified as heterosexual."
Journal of the American Medical Association -
Sexual Abuse of Boys Definition, Prevalence, Correlates, Sequelae, and Management William C. Holmes, MD, MSCE; Gail B. Slap, MD, MS JAMA. 1998;280:1855-1862.

“A gay man is no more likely than a straight man to perpetrate sexual activity with children.”
Journal of Psychology and Human Sexuality -(Stevenson, “Public Policy, Homosexuality and the Sexual Coercion of Children.”)

The Abel and Harlow Child Molestation Prevention Study of over 4000 child molestors in the US also show that 97% of child molestors were religious and over 70% were married with children:
Child Molestation Research & Prevention Institute

And here is a general article showing how some conservative religious anti-gay groups misrepresent and distort studies like those above to vilify homosexuals.
Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation

Old 01-01-2012, 08:48 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,833,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Yes dear, I'm sure you know lot's of gay people and they are all pedophiles, have AIDS, and are promiscuous, evil, deviant sinners possessed by Satan.
I doubt they've ever truly known a gay person, judging by how little they seem to understand this topic.

Quote:
Is lying a pre-requisite in maintaining the cognitive dissonance of your delusional beliefs?
Yeah, pretty much! When all logic and reasoning fails, head straight to the lies and propaganda... seems to be their m.o., but luckily most of us can see right through it.

Quote:
And once again, you show you know very little about the Bible or the men who wrote it, or the cultures in which it was written. It was customary for older men to 'marry' girls even younger than 13 - as soon as they started menstruating.
Many cultures and religious sects STILL consider that to be an appropriate age for marriage, and I'm talking about heterosexual marriage. For example I've been watching that series on Gypsies in the UK, and most of their daughters are married by 15-16 years old. And it's all in the name of Jesus!

Old 01-01-2012, 08:50 PM

P.S. Good job with the research quoted above... as a research professional myself, I give those sources a thumbs up. Much more legitimate than some anti-gay fundamentalist website, LOL.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:52 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,439,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
P.S. Good job with the research quoted above... as a research professional myself, I give those sources a thumbs up. Much more legitimate than some anti-gay fundamentalist website, LOL.
I think at this point Jaymax must have it saved on her desktop to copy-paste onto CD because the need arises so often. Lol.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I think at this point Jaymax must have it saved on her desktop to copy-paste onto CD because the need arises so often. Lol.
I know, huh? And yet they keep arguing the FACTS, because they're so deeply in denial - or unable to comprehend the scientific evidence. Either way it's become quite tiring, which is why I generally try to avoid debating with these people.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:24 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,354,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I am not fooled. Your posting this-God ordered Moses to slaughter every man, woman, and boy, and to take the young girls as spoils of war to be raped.
You choose to ignore the parts you don't like.... or just haven't read them yet.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:31 PM

4,434 posts, read 6,966,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Why do you guys keep using the "not natural" argument? How are you defining natural? Homosexuality exists in the entire animal kingdom. Ergo, it exists in nature and is therefore natural. Far more natural than the majority of things humans do like, type on computers, drive cars, fly in airplanes, eat processed junk food, etc.

Can we stop the stupid "it's not natural" argument? It just makes anything else you all say obvious trash if you can't figure out basic logic.
Well I am aware within the animal kingdom homosexual relationships do exist, but what is natural is when couples copulate and pass their genes to the next generation.

However I dont see the word natural as the good definition, even for hetrosexuals.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Well I am aware within the animal kingdom homosexual relationships do exist, but what is natural is when couples copulate and pass their genes to the next generation.
So, is it also unnatural for heterosexuals to have sex without making babies? I haven't made any babies in my 35 years of life (and I ain't no virgin, LOL), so am I unnatural too?

Quote:
However I dont see the word natural as the good definition, even for hetrosexuals.
Whether you see it as "good" or not, you simply don't seem to understand the definition of natural... as when something occurs naturally in nature, it is thus NATURAL by all accounts. Seems pretty simplistic, but that's all there is to it!

Old 01-01-2012, 09:55 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,522,864 times
Very interesting article about the Civil Unions that started legally in Hawaii, today. This is from the Hawaii Free Press...don't miss the links under the article.

Nope, it is not good to teach kids that gay marriage and civil unions are normal, either.

Broken Trust Gang finally Imposes Gay Unions on Hawaii > Hawaii Free Press > Articles Main
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies