Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 01:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I get annoyed with celebrities who think their part-time job is telling Americans what's good for them and thinking they're a REAL POLITICIAN
Yea, because opinions from actual REAL POLITICIANS are so meaningful and something that we should take seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 02:18 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,675,888 times
I guess ole Kelly ain't gotta worry about singin' at no inaugural balls...

Old 01-01-2012, 03:39 PM

932 posts, read 1,177,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
I love Ron Paul but her endorsement of him will not encourage me to listen to the stuff she tries to pass off as music. However I'm glad she had the guts to go on record in support of him.
I agree, that crap isn't even music. Kelly Clarkson sucks.

I'm waiting to see who Gaga wil endorse. I doubt it'll be Ron Paul though. Awful music.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:50 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,904,196 times
I don't buy music based on politics. I buy it based only on whether I like the artist/song. I don't care or even know what most of their politics are. Even ones I don't agree with if I do know I will buy and see if they play here. I don't agree with leftist politics but some of my favorite bands and singers including Neil Young and The Dixie Chicks I will always buy and see because I love their music.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:52 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,075 times
Kelley endorsing Presidential Candidates? I will no longer buy her music.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:24 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
You will have a long list of musicians you will have to boycott...

Old 01-01-2012, 04:30 PM

932 posts, read 1,177,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
I don't buy music based on politics. I buy it based only on whether I like the artist/song. I don't care or even know what most of their politics are. Even ones I don't agree with if I do know I will buy and see if they play here. I don't agree with leftist politics but some of my favorite bands and singers including Neil Young and The Dixie Chicks I will always buy and see because I love their music.
I don't like it either. I seem to remember Incubus and Green Day cashing in by making political albums the year that Bush got reelected. I don't like it when artists try to get involved in politics as it's disrespectful to fans who may not share their political views, especially if the band weren't political to begin with. Bands like Rage Against The Machine and the Manic Street Preachers were always political, so that's what their fans expect, if you catch my drift?

Old 01-01-2012, 09:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
I don't like it either. I seem to remember Incubus and Green Day cashing in by making political albums the year that Bush got reelected. I don't like it when artists try to get involved in politics as it's disrespectful to fans who may not share their political views, especially if the band weren't political to begin with. Bands like Rage Against The Machine and the Manic Street Preachers were always political, so that's what their fans expect, if you catch my drift?
The way i see it, what makes Green Day any less qualified to speak on politics than let's say...Laura Ingraham? What makes her special? Because she gets paid to do it?

All of these talking heads are no more suited to kibbitz on politics than any other citizen. Some are WORSE than your average citizen. I have no problem with artists speaking up for political causes. Fine with me.

But i'm not going to take it in consideration when watching or listening to their art.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:35 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Looks like a LOT of other people agree with you because after the initial "bump" in her sales by the Ron Paul fanatics, her album sales were down...

However, according to Billboard, the album only sold 600 copies through online stores like Amazon and the sales figures were actually down 72 percent from the previous week.

Kelly Clarkson's Album Sales Down After Ron Paul Twitter Endorsement - Yahoo! News

Kelly Clarkson album sales fall - 01/08/2012 | Entertainment News from OnTheRedCarpet.com

Debunked: Kelly Clarkson's 'Ron Paul Sales Bump' | Billboard.com

Old 01-08-2012, 07:33 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,518,581 times
Quote:

Why shouldn't she ? She is an American citizen and has the right to an opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies