Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 03:54 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You've just illustrated the very large difference between the quality of Canada's (and virtually every other country's) multiculturalism and the U.S's.

I implied nothing of the sort, and I totally agree with the bolded statement. I have no idea how you got the idea otherwise. No one in this thread suggested that except YOU.
So why doesn't the U.S. focus on quality immigrants instead of selection due to quotas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
You didn't read the education article I posted.

If you had read it, you'd realize what a fool you've just made of yourself.
Why should i read article you suggested?

Old 01-01-2012, 03:57 PM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
In Europe they give a lot of money back to the middle class through taxes.
In America they give away all the money to corporations.
Blatant lie. I've already posted where the tax money goes in this thread.

Here it is, again:
Figure 9 (page 33), here: http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/wp1.pdf (broken link)

Old 01-01-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I suggested it because you brought up multiculturalism.
There's a culture of learning and a culture that eschews learning. Neither is restricted by race.

Why do you have to see everything through a racial or ethnic lens? Can't people just be people?

Old 01-01-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Why should i read article you suggested?
It explains why U.S. education is so bad, citing research and data.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:02 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Except Europe just started to print, we have been printing for decades. So we will collapse first, no doubt about that.
I am sorry, the inflationary effect of the money printed only has about a two year lag time. The inflationary effect of money printed years ago has already been paid. It is European countries that are paying high interest on government bonds. It is the Euro that is dropping against other currencies. It is Europe that many analysts see going into recession this year.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:04 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Yeah its so stable that america nearly went bankrupt last summer. Very stable indeed. But keep believing the media. Who pays more for their debt Germany or USA? Who is AAA??? The latter. If the rating agencies wouldn't be so biased america really would be BBB. Nuff said. You have a lot to learn my old, old friend.

Huh? America nearly went bankrupt? Wow, your educational deficiencies are worse than first thought.

Clearly you didn't read the link I generously supplied for you. German debt can't hold a candle to US debt. cash is coming here kid.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Blatant lie. I've already posted where the tax money goes in this thread.

Here it is, again:
Figure 9 (page 33), here: http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/wp1.pdf (broken link)
Yes, excactly. The Government gives most of the money back to the bottom 20 percent to aliment the poor. That only makes the problem worse. We need Tax Corporations more so that we can get better education and better infrastructure. Corporations pay the lowest tax rates since before WW2. There are to many loopholes. I was arguing Corporations are barely getting charged.Thanks for supporting my point.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
It explains why U.S. education is so bad, citing research and data.
Of course, when you look at the test scores you find white and asian students pretty much keeping up with the rest of the world. I know...I will be called a racist again for pointing out an ugly fact.The education problem goes much deeper than the schools themselves.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Huh? America nearly went bankrupt? Wow, your educational deficiencies are worse than first thought.

Clearly you didn't read the link I generously supplied for you. German debt can't hold a candle to US debt. cash is coming here kid.
Amazing how he left out the rest of the European Union in his comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies