Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 11:47 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,220,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Colmes needs to be committed to a home for the mentally insane.
Instead of the looney bin Alan would be much more content if he were placed in a time machine and sent a quarter of a century into the past to 1987 Moscow. When he was partnered with Hannity he was under restraint. Since leaving, he has completely jumped the reservation, and gone completely radical. Now that Dr. Hill no longer appears on a regular basis on Fox, Comrade Colmes is now the house Bolshevik, even more infuriating than Beckel, and that is hard to do. Colmes is an unabashed apologist for everthing the Obama administration has done, and for so called "progressivism" in general. Cannot ever recall Colmes being critical about anything that the left has done, or approving any position that the right has taken.To clinch things, he has mentioned that he is a member of the ACLU, the ultra far left organization whose main purpose seems to be doing as much damage to America as it can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 11:48 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
^^Our culture still does something similar when we have the deceased on display in a casket at the funeral home or church. However, care is usually taken with young children, to focus on their understanding of the situation. Again, I have no idea how old the other Santorum kids were at the time.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:51 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Amazing how some of you vile liberals are taking what the Rick and his wife did and twisting it in your perverted little minds.

You people would have never survived the time before the 1940's as this was a common occurrence in America and currently in many places around the world. Most funerals occurred in the parlors of homes where all families and friends came to pay their respects to the deceased. Every single one of your ancestors did this without exception at one time or another. Obviously some of you have no idea what its like to be in a large communal loving family that cares for all it members living are not. I thought I could have some common ground with some of you but after this thread its obvious to me that there is not hope for you. Secular liberalism truly is a mental disorder.

Your right sanrene disgusting.
Drama Queenery at it's finest^^!

This aint the 1940's, and it aint normal to take dead fetuses home anymore.

Besides, only Conservatives come from "large communal loving families that cares for all it's members...living or not."

Old 01-03-2012, 12:27 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
It is a matter of personal taste. My wife and I went through two miscarriages and they are not a fun experience for anyone, but some people seem to feel the need to be public about it.

I had an ex-employee who suffered a fairly early miscarriage. She displayed a rather ghastly photo of the dead fetus, front and center on her desk, for months afterward.

I made her take it home. I sympathize for her loss but it is extremely tacky to expose other people to photos of corpses.

Anyone in this unfortunate situation can do what they like - and it may seem weird to other people, but Santorum being public about it (just to pander for pro-choice votes) was TACKY.

So he should not be surpised or offended if someone comments on its weirdness.

Anyone outraged by Colmes' comments needs to get a life.
Yes, he USED his deceased infant and living children and his wife for political gain with a certain faction. It is far worse than tacky.

If this is how they wanted to handle it, it's their call, but keep it private. And though it is their right to treat the situation as they please (within the laws), does this nearly verge on necromania?

Also, again they can do what they like, but IMO the other children should not remember their sibling as a corpse. Just being told that their baby sibling died and went to heaven would allow them to imagine an angelic baby in a beautiful place.

I lost a sibling under similar circumstances when I was 8 or 9. I am glad I did not see the corpse. I imagine the baby, to this day, as as a healthy, active, baby angel because that's how it was explained at the time. Of course, as an adult, I realize the baby was born dead and how sad and lifeless the corpse must have been, but my original imaginings remain at the forefront and carried me through through the young years of lasting impressions without trauma. I am so grateful that my parents did not show me the corpse. Many fears could develop from such an act.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:48 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I just don't see how when Santorum put it out there like that if it's a private family matter.

He's supposed to be a religious man, so why would you bring a fetus home for your children to say goodbye to? If it has a soul, seems to me that you'd just pray about it since theoretically, the soul has already gone to heaven (or whatever).

But to say goodbye to a lifeless fetus? Man...i just can't understand that.

But like you say, it's a horrible experience i'm sure. I don't know how i'd act in that circumstance, but i can't see me doing that. That's for sure.
I do believe what he did was strange, and that it was something I would never do. But I do also know that losing a child is traumatic beyond words, and I'm not so sure I'd be all that rational or normal acting either.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:17 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,434,579 times
OK, you know what, I tend to vote conservative.

But taking a dead baby home to meet the other kids? As a kid I would have been sickened by that. I certainly knew at the age of six what death was about, and would have had no need to see a corpse to "understand death."

Doubly so if I had never seen the baby in the first place.

I can understand that they want to handle the death in their own way, but I have to throw in with the crowd that says this a bit off the wall. If that makes me a vile Liberal, then I guess I'll be getting rid of my 401k, selling my house, quiting my well paying job that I worked hard for, giving all my money to the poor, and going to live in a hippy commune.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:17 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
For all of the people saying he used the baby for political gain, any proof? The articles talking about this say his wife wrote a book of letters to the baby that was published in 1999, and the information was included in there. Then the NY Times did a profile on him in 2005, and included some of the information from her book. No mention of him ever bringing this up in a campaign.
An Iowa voter did ask him about Colmes comments, and his wife cried when it was brought up.

There doesn't seem to be any information that suggests he was using this while campaigning in any way. So Colmes comments were attacking him for a book his wife wrote more than 12 years ago to help herself and others who had experienced a loss.

BTW- They didn't lose a "fetus," they lost a baby. It is extremely insensitive to keep referring to the baby as a fetus. The baby lived for 2 hours after bring born. If a teenager had that baby and put him in a trashcan, they would have been prosecuted. Using the word "fetus" for their living baby is really insulting.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:22 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,602,859 times
As I have said many times on this forum....In order to be a modern liberal...You have to have some kind of mental defect.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:25 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
As I have said many times on this forum....In order to be a modern liberal...You have to have some kind of mental defect.
IMHO any RWNJ who thinks that way must have some kind of mental defect....

Old 01-03-2012, 01:26 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,286,495 times
If Santorum were a democrat, the original post would read, "Vile leftist SLEEPS with CORPSE!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies