Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 10:55 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,459,701 times

Advertisements

Frankly its nobody's business how the Santorums chose to deal with their tragedy. As long as they didn't break any laws everyone else should just butt out. Likewise the Santorums should just say they dealt with their grief as they saw fit and not give details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 10:59 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,262,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Absolute nonsense.

For their family, it helped them deal with the death. Maybe you think what that vile leftist, alan colmes, said was true - that they took the baby home to "play" with it.

Actually, his wife was/is a neo-natal nurse, so I think she'd know more than you about what is normal.

Frequently Asked Questions « First Candle

I think the medical profession encourages spending as much time as possible with a stillborn/newborn death.

Yeah, just as I thought. Your view of what is strange is not so strange.

Stillbirth: Surviving Emotionally : American Pregnancy Association

When will I learn that the Left very rarely holds the mainstream view/opinion about anything?
Yeah, it is strange, I see nothing in your links about sleeping with the dead baby and taking him home. It actually assumes you will leave the baby.

Quote:
You can give your baby a bath and dress them in a special outfit. Before leaving the hospital you can take the a piece of this clothing to have as a keepsake.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Frankly its nobody's business how the Santorums chose to deal with their tragedy. .
Kinda hard to argue that after Santorum wrote and published a 132 page book about it

http://www.amazon.com/Letters-Gabrie.../dp/1568145284

Old 01-02-2012, 11:08 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,389,008 times
No parent ever should be critiicized for the way they handle the death of a child or a infant baby. We each are individuals and as such we each handle death differently.

No one should ever ever be criticized for how they handle the death of their own child.
Unless you have been thru this same experience, who in the hell is anyone to criticize anyone whose child has died, so unless you walk in this man's shoes, i think nothing should of been said about this. That to me was classless. Someimes things are better left unsaid, in this case nothing should have been said. My opinion.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
No parent ever should be critiicized for the way they handle the death of a child or a infant baby. We each are individuals and as such we each handle death differently.

No one should ever ever be criticized for how they handle the death of their own child.
Unless you have been thru this same experience, who in the hell is anyone to criticize anyone whose child has died, so unless you walk in this man's shoes, i think nothing should of been said about this. That to me was classless. Someimes things are better left unsaid, in this case nothing should have been said. My opinion.
As Desert said, you couldn't find a less sympathetic figure than Santorum.

Even Dubya to me would be more sympathetic.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:37 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,355,807 times
Quote:
Exactly right. There is NOTHING bizarre about how they handled his death. Why do leftists think it bizarre?
The Left only has "tolerance" for depraved, vile acts that's why.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:38 AM

68,287 posts, read 54,108,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You loons need to shut your yaps about something you have no clue about. Your making yourselves look more ignorant by the post. Of course lefties murder babies by the truckload so they must be used to tossing em in the garbage and heading out to dinner and drinks so I probably shouldn't be surprised.
You certainly seem well qualified to speak of a post making one's self seem more ignorant

Old 01-03-2012, 03:39 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,908,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The Left only has "tolerance" for depraved, vile acts that's why.
who are you supporting edward?

Old 01-03-2012, 04:04 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,363,867 times
To be sure, there are some things a person could do in that situation that we could call "crazy" and be right. But I haven't heard or read of any specific things they did with the baby that could justify the use of that word.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:48 AM

422 posts, read 809,449 times
Quote:
A disgusting, vile, horrible comment by this nasty liberal.
Honestly I have no idea how horrible it is to lose a small child and therefore I don't think Santorum is crazy for dealing with his grief in his own way. I also don't agree with Colmes in this case. What I do object to is the fact that you and other people use the word "liberal" as if what you and others subjectively define as liberal have a monopoly on the negative traits of the human race. One of the biggest problems I have with contemporary political discourse. Just say Colmes is wrong or even say he is a nasty jerk if you want and move on, what does him being liberal have to do with anything? Honestly this is Colmes personal opinion, it does not follow that because he is a liberal therefore all liberals would have this same opinion, there is something inherent in liberal ideology to make people think this way or for that matter it does not follow that no conservative would find Santorum's action's strange. Liberal and Conservative are subjective words, there is no higher meaning to them, people are good or evil out of their own free will not because of level of devotion to some silly political ideology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies