Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 12:39 PM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times

Advertisements

$400 rent WITH UTILITIES!?!? and 60K houses?
In many (probably most) areas of the country the neighbors are shooting at you in that neighborhood.
$35 for electric? ROFL
The only close ones are $189 for a decent used car (GET THE (drivetrain) WARRANTY!) and $90 for insurance if you have a decent record. (I live in NJ and pay about $100 a month for 2 cars tho only 1 has collission.)

That is not to say people should be cutting back. $100 a month cell plans come to mind...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 12:41 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
At $8.50/hour using the pre-Bush tax rates, and working 40 hours per week you'd take home $1252.33 per month.

That would give you a one-bedroom apartment at $390/month heat and water included, swimming pool, weight room, $35 for electric, $200 for food, $189 for a car payment and $90 for full coverage insurance (although the deductibles would probably be $250 for collision/comprehensive).
Pre-Bush?? What about post-Bush??? Where do you live that you would find above-average housing - a swimming pool?? - spend $200 a month for food (I don't know how healthy it is to eat rice every day) for a family of 2-4.
Please share this info as I think there will be a something of a "black Friday" rush by people who could get so much for so little!!!!

Quote:

That's plenty of money and since you want, but don't need, a new car, you can save money and pay cash for a used car dump the car payment and get liability only insurance for about $35-$60/month depending on your age and driving status.

Or you could dump the car payment and buy a 2-bedroom house for $60,000 and your mortgage, taxes and insurance would be about $540/month, of course the house would be.....I hope everyone is sitting down....used (gasp). What a novel idea.
I was sitting down but fell off my chair laughing. Then it occurred to me that you must live in the Swat Valley.

Quote:
It's funny how all of the illegals here in the US who are working minimum wage or below manage to do quite well by themselves or with their families.

I mean illegals aren't exactly living in the streets are they? No.
Maybe because they don't pay taxes?? They see the full value of their hourly wage - $8.00 is $8.00, but to a tax payer $8.00 minus taxes. Six Mexicans living in a one bedroom apartment with a sheet hanging up to turn a one bedroom into a two bedroom - and turn a living room into a bedroom/livingroom , is still a McMansion for them compared to Mexico.

I'm sure many unemployed would be happy to get paid $8/9/10 and hour if they saw the full value of that hourly rate, as do Mexicans who work off the books. You also forget the income generated by illegals by virtue of the fact that they are the parents of American citizens. So yeah, there are probably many illegals living better than US citizens.

Quote:
Even though I wasn't decked out in $600 worth of hip-hop garb, I still managed to get elected president of the student body, basketball homecoming king and be captain of the academic team.

It's not what you wear, it's who you are. You might want to teach your children that.
You are talking about school achievements as if they were a paying job. School elections are generally based on popularity, not necessarily how you dressed. So, you were popular. How much did you get paid to be popular. Did those school achievements help you get further in your career?

Old 01-05-2012, 01:10 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Hey, wake me when you guys start duscussing the topic....

Not the One Size Fits All Repug Get A Job Everybody Can Work For McDonald's Stupid Plan ....

BTW, I know a woman who needed a job desperately and applied at a fast food place only to be told that they couldn't hire her because she didn't speak SPANISH! PUKE!
THAT is what this crapass country has become...and the stupid brainwashed dolts who think Americans should be paid dirt are too stupid to see the effects of 90% of the country working for dirt....that ONLY helps the economy of the wealthy NOT America's economy.
The stagnation and lowering of average American's wages has NOT, you stupid droolingneanderthals, helped America or it's economy....

Now, back to the topic....men have ALWAYS worked in retail.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:10 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
So? Why can't men sell women's lingerie?

Retailing...

Mircea
Funny you mention that

Men banned from selling lingerie in Saudi Arabia - Telegraph

Old 01-05-2012, 01:11 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,228 times
So when people stop getting free money they go get a job. Gee who would have thought.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:13 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
So when people stop getting free money they go get a job. Gee who would have thought.
Then can you explain why the "welfare states" you smear have less unemployment than us?

http://www.google.com/publicdata/exp...up&hl=en&dl=en

http://www.google.com/publicdata/exp...mployment+rate

You not knowing what you are talking about. Who would have thought?

Old 01-05-2012, 01:19 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,228 times
who exactly are the welfare states and who are " us" as my state has an unemployment rate of 5.3%. Or roughly .3 % higher then the national average during good times.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:21 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
I always found it odd that in the US there are such unwritten laws. I first read about that when they started to broadcast the comedy program Married with Children years ago. In a review they said such retail positions are kind of unacceptable to American men. Similar to part-time jobs.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:21 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
who exactly are the welfare states and who are " us" as my state has an unemployment rate of 5.3%. Or roughly .3 % higher then the national average during good times.
Ah..."during good times".....LOL

Damn I admire countries like these "welfare states" that can keep their unemployment rate low during "bad times".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies