Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2012, 02:36 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,251,589 times

Advertisements

chielgirl - I tried to send you a DM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 02:53 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
A moral issue. A personal moral issue. No one else really has a say in what happens in and to my body.

Which is why I think it's irrelevant whether you think it's a fetus or a baby or where you draw the line. No one, be they a fetus, a baby, or a fully grown adult gets to live inside me without my permission.
Lol, how big are you, bertha? lol

You did give them 'permission' when you had sex...

Old 01-05-2012, 03:21 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,041,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
It is not a womans body. That baby has different DNA, different heart beat, a different spinal cord, a different body all together. If it's a womans choice because it's a woman's body, then why is it, in some states, you get two counts of murder if you kill a pregnant woman?
Maybe because you have taken away the woman's CHOICE.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
I agree whole heartedly with that! I think if you teach kids about sex, they have to know about the consequences as well. And what those consequences mean for the rest of their lives. THAT's why I don't think schools should teach sex education, that it should be a parents job. Because a parent can do a much better job of explaining real world facts about what life really is going to be like. It's not just a biological function that feels good... but there are consequences, that are both wonderous and difficult all at the same time.
You are overlooking something, just because two people produce offspring, does not mean they are good parents.

If you take a look around.....there are a lot of people who have kids that are FAR from being good parents.

Kids with sorry parents need to be taught about the facts of life somewhere.....and that is why it needs to be taught in the schools.

Case in point, just look at some of the misinformation you see stated as fact in these abortion threads.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:36 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Maybe because you have taken away the woman's CHOICE.
He/she makes an excellent point. Murder of a child is murder regardless of whether the mother wants it. If it's about choice, we should respect the mother's choice to kill the baby after she's given birth to it. You plainly show that to you it's ALL about choice, not the sanctity of life...

Old 01-05-2012, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
If it was a medical procedure for a man, there would not be any debate or issues.
Boy.....you got that right!

An example:

How about we legislate that ALL men with prostrate cancer MUST have their prostrates removed.

Men no longer should be allowed to CHOOSE less invasive treatments that are more likely to spare their ability to get an erection......and less likely to save their lives.

After all, we cannot allow men to decide what treatment THEY want.....they just aren't capable of making such a decision on their own.....poor, feeble minded things.

We should make the best decision for them.....by FORCE.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:46 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,276,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
chielgirl - I tried to send you a DM.
I'll fix that, give me 5 minutes.
<on edit> Fixed.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:53 AM

840 posts, read 2,085,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
it is a personal issue between a woman and her doctor. other people have made it political when they impose their morals on others
I wish it was between, a woman, a man, and a doctor.

but alas its not.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Yes, it is "her choice" but to do what?

Let's keep the focus on what happens, and not just pridefully keep focusing on the fact we have a choice to make the decision.

What happens is a torturous killing of a living being, and without anesthesia for this living baby/fetus if you must call it that.
Don't let the facts get in your way.

Can a Fetus Feel Pain? U.K. Report Says No. - The Daily Beast

Quote:
Content Section
From Newsweek
The report, commissioned by the British government and published this week by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, consists of a review of studies conducted since 1997 on the neuroanatomical and physiological development of the fetus. It concludes that fetuses at the 24-week stage of development do not possess the wiring to transmit pain signals from the body to the brain's cortex. Even after 24 weeks, the fetus likely exists in a state of "continuous sleep-like unconsciousness or sedation," due to the presence of chemicals such as adenosine in the surrounding amniotic fluid.
That said, if a fetus needs to be aborted after 23 weeks, I am sure sedation could be administered beforehand.

I say "needs", because at that stage, abortions are only done because of medical necessity.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
He/she makes an excellent point. Murder of a child is murder regardless of whether the mother wants it. If it's about choice, we should respect the mother's choice to kill the baby after she's given birth to it. You plainly show that to you it's ALL about choice, not the sanctity of life...
No, it's all about the rights of the woman.....until the fetus is viable outside of the womb.

The fetus is not a viable life until it can survive without the mother.....nothing sacred about it before then.....unless the mother cares to think of it as sacred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies