Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2012, 06:10 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
^^^^Otherwise known as anthropomorphism.
Attribution of human motivation, characteristics, or behavior to inanimate objects, animals, or natural phenomena. What is your argument again? And you do understand that my last post was a reply to several mistakes and assumptions about the fetus compared to a newborn, having nothing to do with my reason to consider a fetus a life, right?

The argument stands: There is no difference large enough between a fetus' brain and a newborn's (regarding capacity, not experience) to say one is more alive than the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
(to personwhoisaperson) You've done a good job presenting your views, though I disagree with much of what you write. One suggestion--- referring to a fetus as a 'baby' Always diverts from the bigger issues and you'll get nowhere. Though few if any prospective parents call their parents and say, 'I'm with an invasive parasite in my body that may become a baby,' or have 'parasitic organism showers,' the killing babies approach is a loser.
Agreed. But then there are some who wouldn't even call the fetus living. You just can't win with some people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 06:30 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Is abortion a political issue, like most people make it? Or a moral issue?
That is like asking, "Is murdering a totally innocent person a moral issue or a political issue." Aborted babies never did anything to deserve being murdered by their parents. I think it is uncivilized.

Our constitution gives us the right of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Abortion denies this to the innocent aborted baby. I think this is a constitutional issue that has been judged wrongly by the Supreme Court.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:41 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
That is like asking, "Is murdering a totally innocent person a moral issue or a political issue." Aborted babies never did anything to deserve being murdered by their parents. I think it is uncivilized.

Our constitution gives us the right of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Abortion denies this to the innocent aborted baby. I think this is a constitutional issue that has been judged wrongly by the Supreme Court.
I think it's uncivilized to tell someone else what they can do with their uterus based on your moral beliefs. A pregnancy is an enormous thing to demand of a woman. If she says no it is not your business to override her will in the name of your feelings about fertilized eggs and zygotes.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:52 PM

521 posts, read 467,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
I think it's uncivilized to tell someone else what they can do with their uterus based on your moral beliefs. A pregnancy is an enormous thing to demand of a woman. If she says no it is not your business to override her will in the name of your feelings about fertilized eggs and zygotes.
Sorry her selfishness does not override the interests of an innocent baby.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:59 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Quote:
There really is no excuse for women to have any unplanned pregnancies with all of the birth control options available to them--pill, IUD, sponge, diaphragm, nuvaring--so I just find it crazy how women will defend the right for abortion as if no preventative measures exist. Does birth control not work for most women? If so then maybe these companies need to do a recall so they can increase the effectiveness. I just don't see why any woman would want to have an abortion or put themselves through that. I can never be an advocate for it.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:02 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
There really is no excuse for women to have any unplanned pregnancies with all of the birth control options available to them--pill, IUD, sponge, diaphragm, nuvaring--so I just find it crazy how women will defend the right for abortion as if no preventative measures exist. Does birth control not work for most women? If so then maybe these companies need to do a recall so they can increase the effectiveness. I just don't see why any woman would want to have an abortion or put themselves through that. I can never be an advocate for it.
Even used perfectly, all methods of birth control have failure rates. ALL. Even sterilization. I personally know a couple who got pregnant twice despite his & hers sterilization procedures (once after his, once after hers). It happens. And when you're one of those women who uses some form of BC because pregnancy is dangerous for you, any failure rate is an enormous problem.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Even used perfectly, all methods of birth control have failure rates. ALL. Even sterilization. I personally know a couple who got pregnant twice despite his & hers sterilization procedures (once after his, once after hers). It happens. And when you're one of those women who uses some form of BC because pregnancy is dangerous for you, any failure rate is an enormous problem.
Most normal women who used birth control responsibly don't get pregnant. I find that the women who are such advocates for abortion are the ones who are irresponsible and like to have abortion around as a 'back up' plan, which is sad and disgusting. I know MANY women who responsibly used birth control and NEVER had an unplanned pregnancy. Birth control is not nearly as ineffective as the some people try to make it out to be, if it was then what would even be the point in using it??

The girls I knew who got pregnant were the ones who were careless and did not use any protection whatsoever. Also, I discovered many of the women who are in abortion clinics are back for their 2, 3, 4 + time. When I learned that then that really made me against abortion.

Not to mention, prior to a woman having an abortion, the RN does an ultrasound, where she tells the woman to turn her head so she doesn't see the baby inside of her--that is just INHUMANE. It goes to show you that it's more than just a fetus growing inside the woman. One lady didn't turn her head, and when she saw her unborn child, inside of her body sucking on his thumb she immediately got up and decided not to have an abortion.

I just find the whole practice immoral and disgusting once I learned what actually happens during the procedure.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:14 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
Sorry her selfishness does not override the interests of an innocent baby.
I'm so sick of men calling out women for their lack of desire to go through nine extremely difficult months of pregnancy. Pregnancy is a huge sacrifice. A woman's lack of desire to go through with it does not make her a selfish murderer. No man who will NEVER be pregnant has the right to tell her otherwise.

I swear to god my last pregnancy was so difficult I could barely catch my breath for several months. Do you have the slightest idea what it feels like to feel as if you're never quite able to breathe properly?

Do you?

You men should be grateful we go through with it at all. Instead you feel ludicrously free to downplay all that we go through. That's absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Birth control fails. A birth control failure should not be a reason to be forced into pregnancy and motherhood.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
I'm so sick of men calling out women for their lack of desire to go through nine extremely difficult months of pregnancy. Pregnancy is a huge sacrifice. A woman's lack of desire to go through with it does not make her a selfish murderer. No man who will NEVER be pregnant has the right to tell her otherwise.

I swear to god my last pregnancy was so difficult I could barely catch my breath for several months. Do you have the slightest idea what it feels like to feel as if you're never quite able to breathe properly?

Do you?

You men should be grateful we go through with it at all. Instead you feel ludicrously free to downplay all that we go through. That's absurd.

Birth control fails. A birth control failure should not be a reason to be forced into pregnancy and motherhood.
Birth control failure does not happen nearly as often as you say it does. Many women have used birth control for their entire childbearing years and NEVER had an unplanned pregnancy.

Most women in those abortion clinics are not the result of a missed birth control pill or failure but because they were flat out irresponsible and were not using any BC method at all. A lot of folks out there having sex are using the withdrawal method and those are the women who are getting the most abortions. The advocates for abortion don't want to admit this dirty little secret but its true. Ask any RN who works in a abortion clinic and they will tell you this.

And I will say it again, MOST women who are in those clinics have been there many times before.

Having to go through a long nine month pregnancy does not justify you murdering an innocent life. It just doesn't. I just don't see how any woman would want the option of some doctor scraping a baby out of their vagina

Old 01-07-2012, 08:58 PM

20 posts, read 27,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Is abortion a political issue, like most people make it? Or a moral issue?

I believe it is both. Abortion is a political issue because it is seen as murder. It is a moral issue because it IS murder.

Birth control of any form should be used to prevent pregnancy from happening. It is the responsible thing to do and the morning-after aka "save your butt" pill can stop pregnancy from occurring which is fine to use because the sperm hasn't yet entered the egg. I do believe that if you take birth control and use a condom and pregnancy still occurs, it is meant to be. Abortion shouldn't be allowed and it shouldn't even be an issue if most women and men would be adults about sex, learn as much as possible and use the tools given to us to stop it before killing a human being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies