Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 08:34 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Ridiculous.

How do you hold the man accountable. Put half the eggs in his body ? Chain him to the woman so he doesn't split ?
Oh, so you hew to the theory that men should be able to do whatever they want and birth control should solely be the womans responsibility?
How perfectly neanderthal of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 08:36 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Oh, so you hew to the theory that men should be able to do whatever they want and birth control should solely be the womans responsibility?
Don't leave out the desire to punish the woman.
After all, she's nothing but a *****.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:38 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Don't leave out the desire to punish the woman.
After all, she's nothing but a *****.
Had to rep you for that one.
You're right about the desire to punish women.....whats up with that?

Old 01-10-2012, 08:39 AM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Sex between a man and a woman is a personal issue, silly. Murder is a societal and political issue.

If one believed in the constitution and a persons right to privacy....you wouldn't have a clue if someone in the PRIVACY of their own doctors office was doing. Abortion is quite frankly none of your business unless it happens to be YOUR abortion.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:39 AM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Is abortion a political issue, like most people make it? Or a moral issue?
In one word! "Murder"!

Old 01-10-2012, 08:43 AM

15,863 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
And that attitude from a WOMAN is exactly why abortion needs to be allowed. When women start letting men think they have no responsibilities, we doom ourselves.

It's the responsibility of both parties - but hormonal birth control and IUDs are not for everyone. I have been denied an IUD because I have not yet had a child. I'm on hormonal birth control but as a cancer survivor, I really should not be (nor should any woman with a history of reproductive cancers in their family). A condom is the best way of being sure that birth control is being used by both parties and there is no legitimate reason why a condom cannot be used.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:45 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You are fully aware that the colored text is neither what I said nor implied. But nice try.
You want to force women to be pregnant against their will to punish them.
I don't care if they get abortions, it's not my business.

Blaming the woman is such a lovely game.
Enjoy it.
You don't like the stats, do you. For most women who don't want to become pregnant, they can avoid it by proper use of bc. Little old me can't force any woman to become pregnant.

I'm with you, I don't care if they get abortions. 1, 5, 10, it's legal and her right.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:47 AM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
It was most definitely relevant.

The reason that I didn't comment is because I could not find the thread. So I'll address it now.
"Here is your situation personwhoisaperson:

Situation #1

1. You already have two living/born children.
2. You get pregnant again.
3. Your husband is killed in a car accident.
4. Your doctor tells you if you continue the pregnancy.....you will die.
5. You have no family members who can care for your two children.

Do you continue the pregnancy, knowing you will die and your two existing children will be put into foster care or put up for adoption.....probably separately?
I have already said that I don't know what I or anyone else should do in those situations. I don't know what I would do.
Situation #2.

1. You have an 11 year old daughter.
2. You have a 16 year old son.
3. Your 16 year old son impregnates your 11 year old daughter.

Are you going to force your 11 year old to have that baby?
Yes, and it will be put up for adoption, the 16 year old will get a beating from me and be in jail.
Situation #3

2. She is brutally raped.
3. She is impregnated during that rape.

Are you going to force your little girl to go through pregnancy and childbirth too?
Yes, the child will be put up for adoption, unless she decides that she wants to keep the child.
Situation #4

2. She gets pregnant.
3. The doctor tells you she will die if the pregnancy continues.

Are you going to let your daughter die, or abort?
As I have said, I don't know.
How would you like the government to make these decisions for you?
With Obama in office, and Cas Sunstien at his side it's not out of the realm of possibility. But I'm not for it.
Life isn't as simple as you would like to think it is."
Never in my life have I even assumed that life was easy. I know that it is not all black and white, but if you don't have core principles the grey will swallow you up.
You were doing an pretty good job of debating until the answer of "Obama, blah blah blah!! Seriously Obama wasn't even ALIVE when we women INSISTED on a women's right to privacy and the right to self determination of her own body! You have given yourself away as a typical right wing anti Obama bashing wing nut.....I was actually going out of my way to read all your posts to see how bright you were and even though I don't agree with your views, I support your right to them.....then you went off of that typical boring right wing cliff! Dang, and I had such hope for the next generation.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:49 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
First, helping other children and speaking out against abortion are not mutually exclusive.
First of all, our society would do better the less people poke their collective noses into others' affairs. That is my take on the subject and why I'm against you anti-choice folks.

And, children? I must ask, an embryo is NOT a child any more than a fertilized egg is a chicken. The fact is that the embryo can't survive on its own, to sustain itself. But, y'all talk about its rights overriding the rights of the person who should be the one making the decision. As she is the one who will be dealing with the consequences one way or the other.

The only way you can speak of such "children" and their rights is when I see y'all adopting those "children" and taking them home with you. Get going.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:50 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
I suppose women who are against abortion are really men who had sex changes just so they could be heard...

Or maybe, just maybe, they simply view abortion in a different way, and that's what we should be discussing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
First of all, our society would do better the less people poke their collective noses into others' affairs. That is my take on the subject and why I'm against you anti-choice folks.
I think our society would do better with more tolerance, including tolerance of those who "poke their noses into others' affairs", especially on serious matters such as abortion. And I'm "pro-choice" enough, thank you. We all draw the line somewhere. I just happen to draw it between an embryo and a fetus, whereas you draw it between a fetus and a newborn. I've explained MY reasons; let's hear YOURS. Make 'em good ones though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And, children? I must ask, an embryo is NOT a child any more than a fertilized egg is a chicken. The fact is that the embryo can't survive on its own, to sustain itself. But, y'all talk about its rights overriding the rights of the person who should be the one making the decision. As she is the one who will be dealing with the consequences one way or the other.
Neither can a newborn. But we don't believe in killing newborns because... they're not physically connected... to the mother... Makes perfect sense!

Last edited by Vic 2.0; 01-10-2012 at 08:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies