Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2012, 11:33 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,087,331 times

Advertisements

I agree w/ you Toyman, and with what this young Mom was forced to do. I also applaud the 911 operator for "coaching" her. No one should be so afraid of prosecution, that they are fearful to protect their own or the lives of their families in their OWN home.
I just wish she would have gotten the other guy. I also hope that this young Mother has lots of friends and families to keep her safe during the aftermath, cause these two can't be from good families.

Last edited by JanND; 01-05-2012 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: corrected quote
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 11:45 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,843,744 times
That's what I call social justice

Old 01-05-2012, 01:48 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,235,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I agree w/ you Toyman, and with what this young Mom was forced to do. I also applaud the 911 operator for "coaching" her. No one should be so afraid of prosecution, that they are fearful to protect their own or the lives of their families in their OWN home.
I just wish she would have gotten the other guy. I also hope that this young Mother has lots of friends and families to keep her safe during the aftermath, cause these two can't be from good families.
If you listen to her 911 call you can tell she didn't want to shoot him. She did what she had to do. Period. The guy who ran away is now being charged with murder.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:13 PM

40,049 posts, read 34,484,174 times
An intruder? He deserved to be shot. He didn't have any problem deciding to break into her house.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:24 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,164,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What does the label "mom" have to do with anything?
No other women would be told this by 911, only moms?

You think killing anyone for any reason is good?
Interesting values.
He was trying to break into her home. She was recently widowed, and is raising an infant by herself. She barricaded one of the doors (think the article said "bedroom door") with a couch. He broke through the door. She put him down. It was clean, justified, 911 told her to do what she had to, and I highly doubt that the person breaking into her home with a large hunting knife is a model of society.

"Mom" is a perfectly pertinent label considering she's an 18-year-old woman who was widowed with a 3-month-old child.

Quote:
Where did I say that?
You know that was going to occur?
You might want to attempt, at some time, to read what I write and comment on that, not on what you want me to have said.

Pre-emptive murder is okay?
Well, it is the way of the US, only the government does it on bigger scale.
It's not "pre-emptive murder" if someone is breaking into your house with a large knife in an attempt to commit armed robbery. It doesn't take a genius or psychic to predict what was going to happen there, considering that the two men knew she was home (and quite possibly vulnerable, burglars often "case" victims' houses before they break in)

You know, you always try to call people out for responding to what you've posted, but I think sometimes even YOU forget what you've posted. Not to mention that you've responded to things before with very...shall we say, passionate responses, without actually reading or viewing the linked material in the OP.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:33 PM

77,756 posts, read 59,915,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Because they're idiots.
And yet you never responded to my documented links referencing the gun control situation in DC....

See page #2 of the thread.

While I agree that you can indeed own a gun in NYC, your claims that there haven't been active attempts to disarm the populance around the country are false.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:38 PM

77,756 posts, read 59,915,458 times
Quote:
Where did I say that?
You know that was going to occur?
You might want to attempt, at some time, to read what I write and comment on that, not on what you want me to have said.

Did you really just call an 18yo gal with a 3month old cowering in a bedroom calling 911 for help while 2 men with knives bust through her barricaded front door....pre-emptive murder?

Old 01-05-2012, 05:10 PM

24,456 posts, read 33,144,206 times
Quote:
No need to make your anti-American posts in this thread.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
If you listen to her 911 call you can tell she didn't want to shoot him. She did what she had to do. Period. The guy who ran away is now being charged with murder.
And well he should be! I am so glad that she is ok. The fear she felt must have been horrific. What a brave young woman.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
He was trying to break into her home. She was recently widowed, and is raising an infant by herself. She barricaded one of the doors (think the article said "bedroom door") with a couch. He broke through the door. She put him down. It was clean, justified, 911 told her to do what she had to, and I highly doubt that the person breaking into her home with a large hunting knife is a model of society.

"Mom" is a perfectly pertinent label considering she's an 18-year-old woman who was widowed with a 3-month-old child.

It's not "pre-emptive murder" if someone is breaking into your house with a large knife in an attempt to commit armed robbery. It doesn't take a genius or psychic to predict what was going to happen there, considering that the two men knew she was home (and quite possibly vulnerable, burglars often "case" victims' houses before they break in)

You know, you always try to call people out for responding to what you've posted, but I think sometimes even YOU forget what you've posted. Not to mention that you've responded to things before with very...shall we say, passionate responses, without actually reading or viewing the linked material in the OP.
True, You are correct. And also observant, what you describe for this individual is evident in many other threads also. A part of a dysfunctional group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies