Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If You Voted for Bush Do You Have The Right To Compain?
I feel I do because I did not know it could get this bad 3 20.00%
I did not have a choice, I could not have voted for Kerry 8 53.33%
I take responsibility by telling people I voted for him, and I make apologies 5 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 08:44 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,467,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Funny, I used to be a Democrat until Clinton decided immediately after he was inaugurated, and after all of his talk, which millions of voters bought hook, line, and sinker, about bringing the country together, on his first priority, and the centerpiece of his first 100 days. And what was it? Peace? Prosperity? Bipartisanship? Nope. A cheapjack payoff to the gay lobby and a push to have homosexuals serve openly in the military. It was shallow, divisive, transparently craven, and a return to the same old same old quidpro-quo. I haven't trusted any politican since. They are all sociopathological egotists with the ethics of pond scum. And you can quote me.
So that's it, eh? Your entire approach to the complex issues of the world revolves around whether gays in the US military can note that they are gay or not? Wow! That's an eye-opener...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyappy View Post
When the word traitor is used by someone against another who quite obviously is NOT a traitor, it causes me to believe that the person using the word traitor against the other does not fully comprehend Americanism.
So you have that reaction too, eh?

Old 09-02-2007, 09:03 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,249 times
Quote:
I live in Tennessee. I don't know what MoveOn does. I don't jump for anyone. And you haven't a clue as to what a traitor is.

You should move on to something about which you have a better understanding. You are having some difficulty with facts, not to mention reality: "MoveOn tells the Dems what to do . . ." ALL DEMS? You mean say 60 MILLION or so of us? That MoveOn must be some kinda influential organization!

From your online shrieking it seems as though you may be some form of right wing radical. Isn't that traitorous by your perceived definition?
Since the Democrats do jump at the demands of MoveOn you may want to find out who and what they are. Looks like more of those 60 million needs to find out why MoveOn seems to control the Democrat politicians. MoveOn “WE OWN YOU”, their statement.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:22 AM

764 posts, read 1,456,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
So you have that reaction too, eh?
You know, there are certain words, phrases, and lines of thought that, when expressed by people in what are supposed to be civil discussions, cause an immediate cessation of my efforts to remain calm.

What bizarre type of reasoning could cause someone to use the word traitor so loosely? I mean, the betrayal of one’s trust by another can be called traitorous, though it’s a very poor choice of words, but then every time any elected official does not please 100% of that official’s constituency, then those lesser numbers must be required to adopt the view that said official is a traitor.

When some people accuse others of treason, thereby making those others traitors for having committed the act, then I have to automatically assume the accusers intend to carry out what follows from the accusation of treason.

There is no administration I can recall as an adult that has done more to damage America in so many different ways as has this Bush/Cheney regime, but I have yet to call any of the despicable neocons in charge traitors by reason of committing treason.

I genuinely dislike people who use that word against someone with whom they merely disagree; I mistrust them and consider them to be possibly dangerous.

Last edited by happyappy; 09-02-2007 at 09:39 AM..

Old 09-02-2007, 09:32 AM

764 posts, read 1,456,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Since the Democrats do jump at the demands of MoveOn you may want to find out who and what they are. Looks like more of those 60 million needs to find out why MoveOn seems to control the Democrat politicians. MoveOn “WE OWN YOU”, their statement.
I continue to be absolutely amazed—and appalled—by the enormous brush you use to paint so many millions of people. Don’t you think that tendency is ludicrous, “reedickaless,” and unreasonable when used by others, with whom you disagree, toward you? If you do, then why is it that you don’t recognize the foolishness of using it yourself? If do NOT see the fallacy and continue to use that tactic, I think you’re going to find it very difficult to convince anyone to adopt any point of view you promote.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:35 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,325,314 times
Default I dislike Bush for many things

I dislike Bush for many things, but he has kept the terrorists out of America so well, that an important Defeatcrat calls the War on Terror only a bumper sticker.

The Defeatcrats have made sure Bush will go down in American history as a patriot and one of the best presidents.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:40 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
[b]
The Defeatcrats have made sure Bush will go down in American history as a patriot and one of the best presidents.
And yet you acknowledge he treats our combat vets like disposable trash?

Old 09-02-2007, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
OD'd on David Horowitz again, eh? Noted truth-teller, he! But in this case (actually published on December 10, 2004), he takes on an alleged e-mail (his link to which does not work) from the day before. The e-mail is purported to have been written by MoveOn higher-ups and to have decried the influence of corporate funding upon the campaign tactics employed by then-DNC Chair Terry McAuliffe. The point is made that as MoveOn and other non-corporate sources managed that year to pour some $300M into Democratic campaign coffers at various levels, the need to rely on corporate donors (e.g., drug companies, HMO's, media conglomerates, big banks, polluting industries, etc.) is a thing of the past, along with the concommitant need to run safe, middle-of-the-road campaigns that serve only to alienate traditional Democrats and reform-minded independents.

Any who are familiar with Hororwitz can imagine for themselves how he would spin that sort of thing. And yes, he does work in a Stalinist dig over the fact that the words the and Party appear consecutively within the alleged e-mail. For whatever reason, there are some c-d posters who gobble this stuff up in conformance with the old Dorito's ad-line Crunch all you want...we'll make more! And making more is what David Horowitz does for a living. And if you were to check his List of Ingredients, you'd find... Made up out of 100% thin air.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:47 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,249 times
Quote:
I continue to be absolutely amazed—and appalled—by the enormous brush you use to paint so many millions of people. Don’t you think that tendency is ludicrous, “reedickaless,” and unreasonable when used by others, with whom you disagree, toward you? If you do, then why is it that you don’t recognize the foolishness of using it yourself? If do NOT see the fallacy and continue to use that tactic, I think you’re going to find it very difficult to convince anyone to adopt any point of view you promote.
What you should find ludicrous is your statement. Every day in many threads on this forum liberals paint all Republicans with that same broad brush as Christian fanatics. Where is your outrage when that happens?

By the way I am not here as a recruiter seeking people to adopt my point of view. I’m thinking that most all posters here are at least 18 and are equipped to make up their own mind. I did not come here with an agenda of indoctrination and propaganda. I’m a conservative so that’s not my game.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:51 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,393,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
I dislike Bush for many things, but he has kept the terrorists out of America so well, that an important Defeatcrat calls the War on Terror only a bumper sticker.

Right. He kept terrorists out of America by making sure they all flock to Iraq, whose citizens are now the daily recipients of terrorist activity, where before we invaded Iraqis never had foreign terrorists.

How generous and kind of George Bush and the United States. You should be ashamed, not proud of THAT accomplishment.

"One of the best presidents indeed!" Like I told someone else on this board, if you're my neighbor and someone breaks into your house, STAY IN YOUR OWN HOUSE to fight them, and don't bring your fight to MY HOUSE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies