Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 08:32 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
When's the last time you flew? I returned to Atlanta from Mexico in 2008 and London in 2009. When I came back from Iceland to JFK in 2008, I really can't remember what the procedure was. Again, none of these were connecting flights.
I flew Amsterdam to Houston in December 2011.

I usually go overseas twice or three times a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 08:41 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
"This little hispanic line captain just glared at him as if to say who the hell do you think you are to approach me?

This is an absolutley true account. I sat down by the gentleman as he was putting on his shoes. This is what he said, "You see that little **** bastard strutting around here like a gulag thug. He was likely figuring out a way to swim the rio Grande about the time I was returning from Vietnam having served there beginning at the age of 17. These people are trailer park thugs and next year they are going to be unionized trailer park thugs and they are sanctioned by Amerika."

"This is a 100 per cent truthful story.
It sounds more like you have a personal agenda than a story with any truth. And even if it was, it's sad more than anything else.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:03 PM

812 posts, read 595,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
What does the fact that the line captain in your story is Hispanic have to do with anything?
For my part I only wanted to identify him. For the part of those he was extraordinarily insensitive to you will have to ask that gentleman why he thought there was some sort of lesson in stating that "this man was likely looking for a way to cross the rio Grande about the time he was coming home from Viet nam". i guess that meant something special to that veteran. Seems to me he was angry that he had served to allow this man to abuse his elderly wife and in his mind this hispanic guy had never served anything but grief.

Bottom line for me is this. If that "hispanic" gentleman had been conscious of the correct thing to do and had the training or even cared he would have pulled the elderly lady aside in her wheel chair and had someone deal with her quietly and seated. She just didn't strike me as someone that was about to pull a machine gun or machete from under her skirt and start flailing away. Who knows maybe in some fantasy protectionsist world that is what the "hispanic"genteman, i should say "ogre", feared.

In my opinion, I believe folks like this are ill selected, ill trained, and suffer from a power narcissism.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It sounds more like you have a personal agenda than a story with any truth. And even if it was, it's sad more than anything else.
Its an observation yankee doodle thaat is all. Take it the way you want.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:18 PM

664 posts, read 773,642 times
No respect for anyone working for that despicable organization. Government tyrants, that's what they are.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:25 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
The TSA should be restricted to luggage inspection & Joe public needs to take self defense training seriously. Homeland security needs abolishment.

homeland security is being a legal citizen and being able to carry a loaded pistol where ever you go, including on a plane.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:19 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Respect and TSA don't belong in the same sentence together. They aren't worthy of respect. I hold nothing but contempt for those scum. From the top to the bottom, that whole organization is a blight.

And as for the little old lady..she's going through cancer treatment, yet steps into the cancer tube? I'm sure she didn't know any better, but talk about ironic.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
homeland security is being a legal citizen and being able to carry a loaded pistol where ever you go, including on a plane.

Perfect you got it right!

Old 01-05-2012, 08:41 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
I do not respect the TSA as an institution, but I respect TSA officers at the airport, as they are doing their job and improving security. In most cases, about 99,999%, they do a good job. Sometimes they don't.

When I travelled a lot within the U.S. in 2010 I got to know some TSA officers at PIT Airport which were always friendly, made jokes about each others and kidded us for traveling with a beer mug in our rucksack.

In the given case, they could have been more respectful, but actually I can not understand people travelling when they can't walk, can't stand, and can't undergo security checkpoints. Imagine only ONE single grandma sitting in a wheelchair has a gun or anything else dangerous in her pants and takes it on board any aircraft, what do you think happens with the responsible TSA officers? I do not want to be in their position.

I had a TSA officer ask me to fold my blind cane to make sure I wasn't hiding drugs in it. Lol. That said, admittedly, TSA officers almost always erroneously assume that I am not a risk because of my blindness. It probably is an unsafe assumption because how easy is it for a terrorist to get a white cane and sunglasses? Not to mention, they could easily hide a bomb on a real blind person.

I agree with you. I respect TSA officers as individuals but I have no respect for the institution.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:46 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
These people are "A great Step for Tyranny". They provide the illusion of security while accustoming the public to unwarranted search and seizure. The Homeland Security Department and their TSA thugs are worse than a waste of money. They are a snare and a delusion as well as a danger to all our freedoms.
Even more bizarre is it's creation from a party claiming itself to be champions of the 2nd amendment right. Clearly they're a grave danger to national security far in excess of terrorists themselves. The founders of this nation turned over in their grave the day the patriot act was written. I do not forgive it and never will until I see it's abolishment.

After we spend the better part of the 90's streamlining government doing BRAC's & paperwork reduction act only to have all the pertinent warnings from all the kings men sitting in a pile of papers on dubbya's desk as jet fighters sit on a tarmac waiting for the bat phone to ring, inventing another layer of paper cannot cloak malfeasance. Not even 3 trillion dollars worth of paper.

It should have been a wake up call for every man woman and child in America to take self defense & emergency preparedness to heart. The Colin Ferguson train massacre was another example. He methodically walked down the aisle of a train and shot one person at a time. 6 murdered, 19 wounded. One bullet at a time and people were so stunned as deer in headlights that anyone could be so heinous the response of the majority was to cower in a seat.

People too over reliant on authority figures are dead men walking into gas chambers. This is not healthy for anyone. I'm not suggesting everyone be forced to carry fire arms, but being aware of all available means of self defense is something every child in school ought to be getting educated about. Instead they're taught to aspire proficiency in football. It's a waste of both resource & opportunity to keep this nation strong from within.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonra25 View Post
Domestic to Domestic flights there is no security...
Which explains this repugnant incident?

TSA Breast Milk Screening Harassment Updated - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies