Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 11:20 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times

Advertisements

Yeah you can disrespect the supreme court. Of course no president would ever do that.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:21 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Plenty more to follow I'm sure. Lefties can't help themselves. Quite a pathetic attempt too I must admit.

DES MOINES — Talking about race in American politics is uncomfortable and awkward. But it has to be said: There has been a racist undertone to many of the Republican attacks leveled against President Obama for the last three years, and in this dawning presidential campaign.
You can detect this undertone in the level of disrespect for this president that would be unthinkable were he not an African-American. Some earlier examples include: Rep. Joe Wilson shouting “you lie” at one of Mr. Obama’s first appearances before Congress, and House Speaker John Boehner rejecting Mr. Obama’s request to speak to a joint session of Congress—the first such denial in the history of our republic.

Republican Attacks Have Racist Undertones - NYTimes.com
Why are bigots who openly express their bigotry always shocked (and complain about that catch phrase "the race card") when they are called out for being.....bigots?

What happened to those old fashioned bigots who just owned their bigotry and wore it proudly?

If you are a bigot...own it. Say it loud that you're a bigot and proud!

Old 01-04-2012, 11:21 PM

Here comes the loon brigade!!!

Old 01-04-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Here comes the loon brigade!!!
The "loon brigade" started with the original post. Why start the thread on C-D if you don't want a "discussion"? You can always trot on over to Stormfront if what you are looking for is simply a chorus of agreement in support of bigotry.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:25 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallaLily928 View Post
Joe Wilson didn't say anything....he yelled out at the President during the SOTU address. Can't get much more disrespectful than that.
That makes it racist?

Old 01-04-2012, 11:26 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why are bigots who openly express their bigotry always shocked (and complain about that catch phrase "the race card") when they are called out for being.....bigots?

What happened to those old fashioned bigots who just owned their bigotry and wore it proudly?

If you are a bigot...own it. Say it loud that you're a bigot and proud!
i have said it before, i will say it again, i dont give a damn about race. i dont like obama politics, just like i didnt like clintons or carters politics. and i wasnt happy about either bush doing many of the things they did either. so how does that make me racist? in point of fact it doesnt.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:27 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
That makes it racist?
He's a racist because he fights for the confederate flag.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The "loon brigade" started with the original post. Why start the thread on C-D if you don't want a "discussion"? You can always trot on over to Stormfront if what you are looking for is simply a chorus of agreement in support of bigotry.
Calling folks racist is not a discussion. I simply pointed out the left's quest to make it seem anybody who disagree's with obama is a racist. Now your onto your rants about stormfront and on and on. What next will you inject the klan into it or say I'm from the south? LOL. So predictable you loons are.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:34 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I wonder why they would think there is a "racist undertone"?

I would say it is more overt.
Credit to reconmark for posting these in this thread:
Black Democrats Switching to the Republican Party
I guess this is the acts of desperation some Democrats will stoop to to get Obama re elected.

Most Americans find this kind of stuff disgusting, except fringe elements.
When Obama supporters have to lower themselves to incite hatred and bad feelings it shows they already lost.

Maybe you should ask Rev. Wright about his opinion ?

Old 01-04-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i have said it before, i will say it again, i dont give a damn about race. i dont like obama politics, just like i didnt like clintons or carters politics. and i wasnt happy about either bush doing many of the things they did either. so how does that make me racist? in point of fact it doesnt.
Well good for you. Just because YOU don't care about his race doesn't mean that others do not. I didn't see anyway calling YOU out for being a "racist".

Obviously, the folks sending out emails depicting a field of watermelons on the White House lawn, Obama as a witchdoctor with a bone through his nose, his family being portrayed as chimpanzees, etc...are racist.

It is quite interesting that those who claim that they aren't "racists" are so bothered by the mere mention of the racist things that have been done regarding President Obama. If it you aren't a bigot then it wouldn't/shouldn't bother you. Its that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies