Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should states have the power to outlaw oral and anal sex?
Yes 19 10.05%
No 169 89.42%
Not sure 1 0.53%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 10:11 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,735,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Well, a future Supreme Court case could theoretically result in a contradictory decision. Though I don't expect it to happen.
Well, yeah, but I also don't see that happening. That's the type of case I don't think the SC would ever have a reason to change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 10:50 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,749,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
This thread isn't just about gay rights, it's about "straight rights" too.
Straight rights to what? Dictate that all others must be heterosexual or else? If there were a gay majority in USA they ought to be permitted to legally herd me into homosexuality??? Surely by their standards I'd be the embarrassment to the family- the black sheep Marilyn Munster.

If these individuals truly believed in God they'd let God & the individuals free will decide. I find it more than a little suspicious when they refuse that advice.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:51 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,735,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Straight rights to what? Dictate that all others must be heterosexual or else? If there were a gay majority in USA they ought to be permitted to legally herd me into homosexuality??? Surely by their standards I'd be the embarrassment to the family- the black sheep Marilyn Munster.

If these individuals truly believed in God they'd let God & the individuals free will decide. I find it more than a little suspicious when they refuse that advice.
He's referring to that fact that more heterosexuals engage in sodomy than gays, therefore banning sodomy affects straights too.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:52 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,419,139 times
Quote:
Straight rights to what? Dictate that all others must be heterosexual or else?
The right of heterosexuals to engage in oral and anal sex and, while mentioned in the title but not in the poll question, the right to use birth control.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:53 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,067,700 times
Quote:

The right for straights to engage in sodomy. If states once again had the power to ban sodomy, they could not only ban same-sex sodomy, but opposite-sex sodomy as well. That's an issue of "straight rights", is it not?

Old 01-05-2012, 11:00 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,419,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
He's referring to that fact that more heterosexuals engage in sodomy than gays, therefore banning sodomy affects straights too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
The right for straights to engage in sodomy. If states once again had the power to ban sodomy, they could not only ban same-sex sodomy, but opposite-sex sodomy as well. That's an issue of "straight rights", is it not?
Not to mention that birth control is mentioned in the thread title, though not in the poll question.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:47 AM

15,083 posts, read 20,426,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Should States Have Power To Ban Birth Control, Sodomy?
I figure sodomy is birth control.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:48 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,257,310 times
Quote:
Rick Santorum: States Should Have Power To Ban Birth Control, Sodomy

Santorum obviously doesn't understand the meaning of freedom.

And he's a hypocrite:

Rick Santorum's Anti-Abortion Politics Would Have Killed His Own Wife

His wife would have died, but his excuse: Our abortion was "different".

Old 01-06-2012, 01:50 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,161,162 times
Quote:
Rick Santorum: States Should Have Power To Ban Birth Control, Sodomy

Santorum obviously doesn't understand the meaning of freedom.

since it is not something listed in the Constitution, the 10th Amendment applies, which means it goes to the people and the states. our Constitution has always deferred to the people itself (except for the 2nd Amendment), the people should decide for themselves and leave both the state and central goverment out of a personal decision.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:55 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,181,606 times
Unenforceable laws undermine authority.

Should states have the power to make laws? Duh. Yes.

Should they make the laws the op mentioned? Only if they are a bunch of toenail-chewing morons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies