Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 05:26 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I brought it up because you said public entities bought the mortgages.
Where did I say that public entities bought the mortgages?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 11:25 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Thumbs up Banks being reigned in by Federal cases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
First the SEC and now California. What's going on with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac? What should Obama do about this?
Ask JpMorgan Chase and Congress, Dodd-Frank, as they all worked in collusion to create 14 trillion dollars in derivatives fraud and caused this meltdown.

Also every state AG and comptroller is now suing WaMu, Wells, and Chase...everyone with mortgage issues and loan modification fraud (it never existed in statutory form,was a PR fraud) should call their state Attorney General.

foreclosurefraud.org

Old 01-07-2012, 10:14 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,566,607 times
See what happpens when politicians start meddling in a housing market or any other market which has been fine for several decades?

It always implodes.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:21 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
But the private mortgage markets are BUYING the mortgages, hedge funds, insurance companies etc are PRIVATE buyers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
No, it's guaranteeing them, which is why it is not a private market, like I said.
Quote:
Where did I say that public entities bought the mortgages?
I was clearly discussing who was BUYING the mortgages. Hell, I even put it in capital letters for you.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
I was clearly discussing who was BUYING the mortgages. Hell, I even put it in capital letters for you.
I know, and that is indicative of your inability and stubborn unwillingness to see the bigger picture. Who buys the mortgages isn't important. What's important is that the risk is guaranteed by the government.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
I know, and that is indicative of your inability and stubborn unwillingness to see the bigger picture. Who buys the mortgages isn't important. What's important is that the risk is guaranteed by the government.
Who's buying the mortgage is absolutely important, without them there wouldnt have been mortgage issued.

I find it funny you run around telling me that I'm unwilling to see the bigger picture, while you want to ignore the bigger picture

Old 01-08-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Who's buying the mortgage is absolutely important, without them there wouldnt have been mortgage issued.
"Someone" buys the mortgage in a private system, or public system.

So no, it isn't an important distinction to be making.

What's important is what happens when the homeowner stops paying the mortgage.

Quote:
I find it funny you run around telling me that I'm unwilling to see the bigger picture, while you want to ignore the bigger picture
Yes, your ignorance is a just riot. That's why I take you off ignore every once and a while just to remind myself what that level of thinking is like.

So if you're wondering why I so rarely reply to you lately, it is because all I see is this:
pghquest
This message is hidden because pghquest is on your ignore list.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:55 AM

Quote:
"Someone" buys the mortgage in a private system, or public system.
We dont live in a public system. Debt needs to be moved in order to continue funding new debt. Completely and utterly ridiculous statement for you to make. even if the federal government decided to buy and hold the debt, they'd need to issue new debt in order to fund the transactions and thus the buyer of debt STILL becomes important.
Quote:
So no, it isn't an important distinction to be making.
So its not important if people arent buying the mortgages? Then where the hell do you think the money will come from to continue loaning more? If I have $1M to loan, and I loan it to you, that means I dont have $1M to loan out to someone else unless I resell that debt
Quote:
What's important is what happens when the homeowner stops paying the mortgage.
Could it get any more ignorant? The whole real estate "bubble" took place without home owners stopping to pay their mortgage. Home owners didnt stop paying until AFTER it burst. AFTER the debt was liquidated by buyers of the debt. It absolutely does matter who is buying the mortgages and under what terms and you saying otherwise while telling me to look at the whole picture is utterly astoundingly stupid.
Quote:
Yes, your ignorance is a just riot. That's why I take you off ignore every once and a while just to remind myself what that level of thinking is like.
More likely you take me off ignore because you are tired of saying stupid things and want to see how people like me are making fun of your postings. Call it self abuse.
Quote:
So if you're wondering why I so rarely reply to you lately, it is because all I see is this:
pghquest
This message is hidden because pghquest is on your ignore list.
Oooh goodie, then I wont need to read you responding to my laughs at you saying stupid things all the time like this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies