Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2012, 12:20 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,938,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So...after the GOP wins the House and stops obama's recklessness, the next year sees 1.6 million private sector jobs created.

Surely, this is NOT coincidental. Isn't this the kind of evidence the Left is looking for?
Except that job growth was occurring long before the House was controlled by the GOP (mid-2009.) Nice try though -- trying to take credit for something the GOP had no hand. The facts remain that the House passed no bills that helped the economy and although your side blames the bad economy on the 2006 takeover by the Dems, there wasn't anything passed that accounted for the financial crisis.

Oh yes, the House was instrumental in causing a debt-limit extension crisis that shocked the rating agencies to lower the U.S. ratings. Thanks for nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 12:50 PM

764 posts, read 596,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Except that job growth was occurring long before the House was controlled by the GOP (mid-2009.) Nice try though -- trying to take credit for something the GOP had no hand. The facts remain that the House passed no bills that helped the economy and although your side blames the bad economy on the 2006 takeover by the Dems, there wasn't anything passed that accounted for the financial crisis.

Oh yes, the House was instrumental in causing a debt-limit extension crisis that shocked the rating agencies to lower the U.S. ratings. Thanks for nothing.
It's ridiculous to blame the Democrats for what happened from 07 to 09.

In the Senate, the Democrats and Republicans both had 49 seats, and of course in the event of a tie, the Republican Vice President would be the one casting the deciding vote.

Then in the house, the Democrats were up by just 30 members of Congress. What could they possibly have done to make much of any impact, let alone something as bad as what happened by 2008?

Old 01-07-2012, 01:03 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,752,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post

In the Senate, the Democrats and Republicans both had 49 seats, and of course in the event of a tie, the Republican Vice President would be the one casting the deciding vote.

Then in the house, the Democrats were up by just 30 members of Congress. What could they possibly have done to make much of any impact, let alone something as bad as what happened by 2008?

The seeds to 2007-2009 go back to Clinton and Gingrich. Newcomers like Obama and for that matter Cantor, Ryan had nothing to do with it.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:31 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,581,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So lets see, government drops 600K jobs, and the private sectors picks up 600K jobs, and you celebrate job growth even though the result is the EXACT SAME.
Who said anything about job growth???? I simply said the government eliminated 600 000 jobs, and for god knows what reason you did not like the news. I guess you'd be happier if the government was adding jobs so you can use it to harp against Obama.

Would you mind providing a link to prove all those 600 000 jobs which were cut were contracted out? Thanks.

Quote:
You didnt support obamacare, stimulus spending and that?
What makes you say that? I have mentioned even on this thread I opposed the bailouts. I asked you to prove your claims, and you have failed to do so.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-07-2012 at 02:20 PM..

Old 01-07-2012, 01:40 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,741,738 times
Wow! This is awesome...all those boarded up businesses will magically re-open soon!

All those jobs they outsourced to India will be back with us soon...

All the unemployed who lost their homes will come back to a brand spanking new house!

This is amazing...

Old 01-07-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Wow! This is awesome...all those boarded up businesses will magically re-open soon!

All those jobs they outsourced to India will be back with us soon...

All the unemployed who lost their homes will come back to a brand spanking new house!

This is amazing...
Nobody said it was time to break out the champagne. What we are saying that it's good news. To regain the lost jobs at a rate of 200,000/mo., it will take 10 years. Obviously, for a robust economy 200K is too few but it is better than it was.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,068,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Who said anything about job growth????
This thread is about job growth, is it not?
Quote:
I simply said the government eliminated 600 000 jobs, and for god knows what reason you did not like the news.
Lie again. There is a difference between stating facts that government is contracting out services, and not being happy. Again, I'm sorry you hare having difficulty following the discussion.
Quote:
Would you mind providing a link to prove all those 600 000 jobs which were cut were contracted out? Thanks.
I never said such a thing, I simply posted how if 600K jobs were moved to the private sector, would this not increase the private sector employment while decreasing governmental ones? I dont know the actual number, but I do know its taking place. I named 3 such departments.
Quote:
What makes you say that? I have mentioned even on this thread I opposed the bailouts. I asked you to prove your claims, and you have failed to do so.
Who's discussing the bailouts? I asked if you supported Obamacare and the stimulus?

Old 01-07-2012, 03:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,068,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post

The Democrats refused to allow mortgage reforms to take place which would have reduced any mortgage collapse. They were living in denial for half a decade and asked for even higher debt ratios.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Who's discussing the bailouts? I asked if you supported Obamacare and the stimulus?
My take is that, although the righties are in denial, the stimulus created jobs and increased GDP over what it would have been. The ACA, although far from ideal, is a step in the right direction for health care; lowers costs and covers more people.

As the father of a son who would be dropped from my ins. plan, I'm thankful that he can stay on until 26 yrs. old.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:21 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,581,593 times
Quote:
This thread is about job growth, is it not?

Lie again. There is a difference between stating facts that government is contracting out services, and not being happy. Again, I'm sorry you hare having difficulty following the discussion.

I never said such a thing, I simply posted how if 600K jobs were moved to the private sector, would this not increase the private sector employment while decreasing governmental ones? I dont know the actual number, but I do know its taking place. I named 3 such departments.

Ok, so you pulled 600K our of your butt, while you have no idea what the number is......

You still cannot provide any quotes where I have asked for big government...I didn't think so.

What a waste of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies