Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 10:35 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,112,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
How do you interpret Backspace's post to be an indication that he/she "looks down on minorities"?
It's plain obvious. He keeps stating that the average black person is on welfare and unemployed. Everything he says about black Americans is always negative. Why doesn't he focus on the progressive black communities in America? or discuss the middle class Black people in the Bermuda?

Old 01-06-2012, 10:35 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,213,990 times
Quote:
How do you interpret Backspace's post to be an indication that he/she "looks down on minorities"?
Saying that 90% of Black voters are typically ignorant does seem to indicate a negative view.

Quote:
Did he/she assert that ALL black people are on welfare or food stamps or that ALL black households are fatherless or that NO white people are on welfare or food stamps or that NO white households are fatherless?

I don't think so.
. who does? Would even David Duke assert that. Even Duke is not dumb enough to say something like that. Nice strawman, never said he said ALL

Old 01-06-2012, 10:38 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,430,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
It's plain obvious. He keeps stating that the average black person is on welfare and unemployed. Everything he says about black Americans is always negative. Why doesn't he focus on the progressive black communities in America? or discuss the middle class Black people in the Bermuda?
Everything he/she says about black Americans is always negative? He/she said positive things about his/her black friends.

I don't think he/she said that the average black person is on welfare or unemployed, merely that a higher percentage of black people are compared to white people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Saying that 90% of Black voters are typically ignorant does seem to indicate a negative view.
Where did he/she say that?

Old 01-06-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Everything he/she says about black Americans is always negative? He/she said positive things about his/her black friends.

I don't think he/she said that the average black person is on welfare or unemployed, merely that a higher percentage of black people are compared to white people.
He said MANY.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:40 AM

225 posts, read 368,056 times
This whole thread is stupid..
Im not going to even play the race card. I'm just going to say many just do not know.

I just want to say if you haven't lived the life of a black person (a black male more specifically) in the ghetto/hood than you can not truly know what is awarded or is offered to them point blank period.

I wish you can travel one day in the shoes of a minority in the ghetto and I would want to see if it is so easy to do what yall discuss

Old 01-06-2012, 10:41 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,430,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
He said MANY.
Well many are, just as many white people are, and it's a fact that the percentage of black people on welfare or unemployed is higher than the percentage of white people on welfare or unemployed.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Well many are, just as many white people are, and it's a fact that the percentage of black people on welfare is higher than the percentage of white people.
I haven't seen him make such a post.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:44 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,837,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
That's a lie, I never said that and I don't believe that to be true. I've said tons of things that are positive about black people, you haven't been here long enough to make any of the statements you've made unless you've been banned and came back under a new name.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:45 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,084,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeStudentinAtl View Post
This whole thread is stupid..
Im not going to even play the race card. I'm just going to say many just do not know.

I just want to say if you haven't lived the life of a black person (a black male more specifically) in the ghetto/hood than you can not truly know what is awarded or is offered to them point blank period.

I wish you can travel one day in the shoes of a minority in the ghetto and I would want to see if it is so easy to do what yall discuss
So....living in the ghetto precludes graduating high school? Learning a trade/going to college? Using a condom/not having sex? Marrying the woman you have a child with? Not committing crime? Not going to prison?

Those poor ghetto dwellers. It must be a horrible, horrible life not being able to make the decisions in life that actually matter.

Sorry. No sympathy from me in America 2012.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:48 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,982,076 times
Quote:
This is why Blacks will never vote Republican:
Gingrich to black people: paychecks, not food aid
What's so bad about that? Basically he's telling blacks to demand jobs over being dependent on the government for their welfare. Nothing racist about that at all. Some black leaders have said similar things over the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.