Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 06:37 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times

Advertisements

It"s about time!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 06:43 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
It is irrelevant at this time. He will be voted out of office in 11 months and there is no need to do anything about him at all.

Obama is simply a non issue. What we need to think about now is the "post Obama era" of 2013 and beyond. Given the fiscal irresponsibility of Obama and his failed policies, several years of austerity will be required. We must pay the price for incompetence and it will not be pleasant.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:47 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Yes, Republicans, please try to impeach Obama. The majority of Americans will see you as even bigger fools than you are, and soundly reject you in November.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:51 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Anyone notice how pretty much every President goes through the "Impeach Him" process?

Old 01-06-2012, 07:20 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Not sure, but one thing's for certain: The mere notion of flying an "Impeach Obama" banner over such a widely-viewed audience is a grand indication that there's a major chasm in this country regarding this President. If he were the "transformational" leader that he said he would be, no such thing would even be contemplated.

Not sure why Liberals and Democrats are in such hardcore denial, but Barack Obama is destined to be a one term President. I, and millions of others, are confident.
Have you been asleep for the past 15 years? This started with President Clinton and will (unfortunately) continue with each and every POTUS that follows into perpetuity.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:32 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are you sure of that? Do you have some proof that we will be allowed to vote in November? Do you think that once he attacks Iran many people will think he did the proper thing since he has ended one war in the Middle East?

I think that I can see many reasons for him to claim martial law is needed to put down a number of violent actions that are taking place. I see many of those things being caused by black youth demonstrations like at the state fairs last fall. I see the violence that resulted toward the end of the Occupy movement as quite possible since the unions did cause most of that and they are part of his movement.

I don't want to see him impeached but I surely do want to see the Congress push back, at least a bit, when he does all these shaky things that are just plain in violation of the Constitution. How much will they do with Dirty Harry Reid in control of the Senate? I say not one little bit. If they don't do something the Constitution will be a thing of the past soon.
Where are these violent actions taking place because Syria is all I can think any real type of real martial law is taking place I mean from up here in Canada I don't see an news reports on tanks shooting up major cities or non-stop sniper fire and there are over 5000 people that have been killed by their own military.

from up here in Canada I would say that the US is pretty safe and I feel safe there in fact I feel as safe as I would here now I would say some parts of Mexico are not very safe for Canadians or Americans to vist.

I think maybe we should help out Mexico if they would let us since stopping violence that spills over the border makes sense and is a major saftey issue in fact I would say that we should not even worry about Syria but worry about a issues that has a negative impact right at our border.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:35 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
All those dumb bastards that want to impeach a president had their chance with G.W.Bush but wimped out.

it is actually pretty easy to impeach a president, it is really hard to sustain that conviction in the senate.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:36 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Um, President Clinton WAS impeached! LOL

So saying a banner was flown during the Clinton years shouldn't be all that surprising to you! LOL
[MOD CUT]

I was referring to the years following the impeachment of President Clinton. President Bush received the same idiotic "impeachment" nonsense so each and every POTUS that followed Clinton will receive the same calls for "impeachment" from the opposing party (regardless of the utter ridiculousness of it all)

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-06-2012 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: language

Old 01-06-2012, 07:41 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I saw no need to read further than this posting. I mean, how can one argue with the reasoning?

I agree: an individual purchasing 'time' to have an airplane 'fly over' a group of people, means that there is a 'major chasm'. Heck, having a 'banner' only seals the deal. It is marvelous how such things work.
That's actually part of Liberals' problem. They take a narrow view of everything. You see one guy, one airplane, one banner. The rest of us see the bigger picture, which shows a failed President flailing along pretending he espouses America's larger values, when all he's actually done is divide the nation and spent us into oblivion.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:30 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
So one guy with a banner is a "grand indication that there's a major chasm in this country regarding this President"?
You have not heard the grand statement, it only takes one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies