Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2012, 08:37 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If Obama wants to bypass Congress to enact laws/programs then it's up to Congress to speak up and take action. As long as they don't there is nothing anyone can do/say to change what the President is doing.
The issue of this thread is Obama's recess appointments, which is embodied in the Constitution. Thus, to claim that Obama is a 'dictator' and outside the law, for using a provision that's specifically one of his power -- and been used by every other president, is completely without merit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 08:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The issue of this thread is Obama's recess appointments, which is embodied in the Constitution. Thus, to claim that Obama is a 'dictator' and outside the law, for using a provision that's specifically one of his power -- and been used by every other president, is completely without merit.
Only the other Presidents honored pro forma sessions while Obama did not.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:03 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Only the other Presidents honored pro forma sessions while Obama did not.
Staying technically in session for 30 seconds, where no business is conducted, is a sham and the Senate was functionally in recess.

That, coupled with Republican stalling tactics that have left 74 nominees pending consideration on the Senate floor and an additional 107 bottled up in committees, many of them for vital economic posts, is unacceptable crippling of the government. As I say to people who don't like decisions that I make, "sue me."

Old 01-08-2012, 09:23 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
They seem to think that every time Obama does something, it's the first time. Where have they been all of their lives?

Old 01-08-2012, 10:37 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
A dictator elected by popular vote who's leadership role is subject to term limits? That would be a neat trick.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:48 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
BECAUSE THE REPUBLICANS THREATEN TO FILIBUSTER EVERYTHING!

Wow, it just never ends.
LOL. So did the dems while Bush was president. At least he didn't think he was God and byposs the rules like your great orator has. Yeah the ignorance and hypocrisy of the left never does end.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:54 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
So it appears the only defense the swooners can mount for the unconstitutional actions of their leader is that Bush did it, others did it so it's aok with us. Then of course resort to insulting the OP and the link and the rest of their childish tactics. It appears the "hope and change" has even been left on the curb by the swooners but to no surprise they still support their dictator in chief.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Default Is Obama a dictator?

I have to say yes since he says if Congress won't give him what he wants he will have to take us there by executive decisions. He says he is and yet many people refuse to believe him. Those appointments last week were against what the Constitution says so I guess he may well be either setting up an imperial presidency or just becoming a dictator. Lets see if we have an election this fall.

‘The Man is a Dictator’: Hear Beck Blast Obama’s Move to Circumvent Congress | Video | TheBlaze.com

Old 01-09-2012, 10:05 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,914 times
royaloldboy...YES HE IS A DICTATOR!!! George W Bush was such a beacon of freedom, capitalism, Ayn Rand-ism, uber right-wingism...Then here comes Obama. His poilicies have been so radically different, subversive, etc etc...There is no other way than to come to the conclusion that we were on the path to Ayn Rand Free Market Utopia, until this communist/facist/nazi/sociliast bastard took over...I mean really, look at what a radical he is compared to GWB. Us right-wing nuts all know GWB was sent here by jesus, and here comes Obama, sent by Allah...

I just thank people like you that keep the 'truth' alive...Without you I may have thought Obama was Bush lite, but I now realize he is truely the anti-christ, while all Republicans are sent here by Jesus!

Old 01-09-2012, 10:13 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Didn't you make this same stupid thread with the same stupid Beck post a few days ago and then ran away from your own thread when it was shown other Presidents including very recent ones have also made recess appointments??

I know from time to time we see the same thread posted by different people, but the same thread from the same OP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies