Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 01:58 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,081,691 times

Advertisements

I'm not an Obama fan, but those of you calling him a dictator have obviously never lived under an actual dictatorship/authoritarian rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 07:51 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think that the Godfather has some real words about the subject that sound a lot like Beck but are so truthful about the appointments last week. Now the Senate must either submit to him or fight his method of avoiding the Constitution. I hardly think they will fight him very soon since Dirty Harry Reid is their main leader and he wants Obama in absolute control. Anyway here are the words of the GodFather.

Barack Obama: Dictator-in-Chief*|*Godfather Politics
Beck, The Blaze and now the Godfather, and you wonder why so few believe you have any credibility here. A mind is a terrible thing to waste Roy, but you are free to do so and even free to spread the stuff around, hmmmm, guess Obama needs to brush up on his Dictator skills, after al Dictators don't allow loose lips to flap in the wind.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:08 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Of course you read a lot of articles everyday. All those media companies are making tons of money off folks like you, 'cause you eat it all up!

And your Kenya comment...show me the proof!
What? You can't believe his own grandmother?

And that so-called "Birth Certificate" he finally provided, has been proven to be counterfeit. What other "proof" do you need?

Can you prove he was born here? The Birth Certificate is supposed to be such proof. He doesn't have it.

As for the articles I read, the writers have far more credibility than Obama.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:18 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Glenn Beck said this this morning on radio when talking about how Obama has circumvented the Constitution to do that to the Congress. He has, through many of his latest moves, nearly made Congress irrelevant. Of course, that is just what he wants to get done and too many can't see it.
Congress has made itself irrelevant because it's not doing anything. It's so busy opposing Obama that it has ceased doing the business of government. Obama is being forced to find workarounds just to get through the day. I blame the GOP, not Obama. If they had shown one inkling of compromise (or sanity!) we wouldn't be in such a mess. We'd still be in a mess, but not as big of one.

You finish with the conclusion that circumventing the Constitution is "just what he wants". Why is this kind of thinking so pervasive by people on the right? The right thinks that if someone is pro-choice, they WANT to have abortions. The right thinks that if government imposes a regulation, it WANTS to hurt business. The right thinks that if a politician supports single payer medical care, they WANT to destroy the country, the economy, and all of God's creation. Clearly this kind of thinking is not only wrong, it's embarrassing!

I opposed the Iraq and Afghanistan wars but even though Bush started them, I didn't go around claiming that Bush WANTED to kill millions of people. Every day people on the right embarrass themselves by completely concluding the worst case scenario and then insisting it is fact. It is not. Obama isn't a dictator.

But Glenn Beck is certainly irrelevant. I keep expecting a giant hook to come out from stage left and pull him into a waiting van to a padded room.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
No he is not a dictator and only has so much power. It's always ALL his fault when something is bad, but when it's good, Congress gets credit. BS.
No. When it's bad (according to HIM) it's Bush's fault.

The man is lawless. He has no regard for our Constitution, our system, or our founders. He hates America.

Get a clue, dude. What dream world are you living in? This man is so obvious a blind man wouldn't miss it.

This ass hole thinks he is God.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ull2015 View Post
Beck needs to shut his looney pie hole...the president is doing what his executive power allows him to do without congress...hell when they are there they don't do anything anyways except fight...

OBAMA 2012
Okay, so we know you are one of the 30 some percent that still support this idiot!

The so-called "preisident" is acting outside of presidential authority, and you know it. He has no authority to go around Congress. Can you show us where that is written in the Constitution? Didn't think so.

There is nothing in the Constiution that allows the president to bypass Congress.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:32 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What? You can't believe his own grandmother?

And that so-called "Birth Certificate" he finally provided, has been proven to be counterfeit. What other "proof" do you need?

Can you prove he was born here? The Birth Certificate is supposed to be such proof. He doesn't have it.

As for the articles I read, the writers have far more credibility than Obama.
Anyone with brains would be embarrassed to post nonsense like this because it's proof positive that they are un/mis/dis-informed.

Everything you are claiming is absolutely false.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama...ertificate.asp
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/citizen.asp

Old 01-12-2012, 04:38 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Congress has made itself irrelevant because it's not doing anything. It's so busy opposing Obama that it has ceased doing the business of government. Obama is being forced to find workarounds just to get through the day. I blame the GOP, not Obama. If they had shown one inkling of compromise (or sanity!) we wouldn't be in such a mess. We'd still be in a mess, but not as big of one.

You finish with the conclusion that circumventing the Constitution is "just what he wants". Why is this kind of thinking so pervasive by people on the right? The right thinks that if someone is pro-choice, they WANT to have abortions. The right thinks that if government imposes a regulation, it WANTS to hurt business. The right thinks that if a politician supports single payer medical care, they WANT to destroy the country, the economy, and all of God's creation. Clearly this kind of thinking is not only wrong, it's embarrassing!

I opposed the Iraq and Afghanistan wars but even though Bush started them, I didn't go around claiming that Bush WANTED to kill millions of people. Every day people on the right embarrass themselves by completely concluding the worst case scenario and then insisting it is fact. It is not. Obama isn't a dictator.

But Glenn Beck is certainly irrelevant. I keep expecting a giant hook to come out from stage left and pull him into a waiting van to a padded room.
It would appear that you don't know that Beck owns the place he is coming from now. Yep, he moved everything to Dallas and he owns the whole shooting match. I doubt that he will use that hook to take himself out.

I have said that he must be thinking of himself as a dictator since he declared the Senate in recess and he did that without the power to do so. Did you know that the Constitution says that neither house can recess for more than 3 days without the permission of the other house and the House hadn't given that permission. The Won can't just go around declaring things like that about the Senate or the House.

Also, did you know that AG Holder had declared Obama's action wrong right after he did it and then this week changed his ruling? I guess what the Constitution says means nothing to the White House or any of its denizens.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
I'm not an Obama fan, but those of you calling him a dictator have obviously never lived under an actual dictatorship/authoritarian rule.
When The Won declares the Senate in recession outside what he is allowed to do by the Constitution it appears to me that he must believe he is there already. He does want to get there and every time he declares another part of the Constitution invalid he gets a bit closer.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Did you have a problem with Bush abusing his power likewise?
And as a young man who was a Democrat did you have a problem with Truman's many executive orders, in particular the executive order nationalizing the steel industry which the Supreme Court overturned?
You could have found a more credible source than the Blaze, btw.

Quick study: Alastair Smith on political tyranny: How to be a dictator | The Economist
Why do I keep getting these questions about Bush? He has been gone for over 3 years and nothing we do or say can change anything he did.

Now you go back even further to get to Truman. He was the President 60 years ago so there is no way to punish him for anything. Obama is the President now and the more we let him get by with the more he will try to get by with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies