Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 10:21 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
And the Republicans are fighting tooth and nail to have everyone carry an ID at all times. Which makes them hypocrites to oppose this absurd law.
don't you guys have enhanced ID because up here in Canada my current Driver License is RFID Chipped and ebhabced has 3D imaging with ny picture laser etiched into it and all these tiny holograms that show my DOB even have a secure tamper proof outer coating

And if I lose it then I need my original B.C. govronment issued Birth Certificate and either my current valid passport or Govronment issued card card and 1 other offical form of picture ID to get another Drivers license.

Pretty much is proof that I am me and that I was born in 82 and in B.C. and am 100% Canadian born.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 10:30 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP72 View Post
I used to make Homemade Soap, so I needed Lye. Has to be pure lye. Hard to find in my area except for one hardware shop. Most draino and such has I think aluminum mixed in to combat Meth Labs using it.

Here in Tennessee, to combat Meth labs, not only do they check your ID just for sinus meds that contain psudopedrine (probably misspelled I know) , it is entered into a computer tracking system that keeps track of when, where and how much you buy and can flag your from buying it. On top of that, new law is basically you have to convince the Pharmacy you need it if you want it.

So If my chronic sinusitis kicks in, I am just eating hot wings instead of begging to be able to spend my money on some sudafed.

Allergy med purchases have extra layer security beginning Jan. 1 | TriCities.com
I canada we sell 100% pure ephidrine as energy pills which is a banned in the states and illegal to posses but my local GNC sells it as a weightloss pill but if you buy case loads well then you are flagged as a person who maybe the Local police deparment should look into we also allow the sale of codiene but a maxium of 8mg per pill and has to ahve 200mg of tylenol and 8Mg caffine. so to use them to get high from you would have liver failure before you could get a buzz from a overdose of Acetaminophen.

I guess Canada say sure you can have it but we would rather you die of liver failure than get a some type of a on high narcotic opiate based painkillers.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:32 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The idiots in politics appear to be multiplying. IL has a new law that requires an ID and registration to buy drain cleaner.

The stupidity of these Illinois lawmakers is beyond comprehension. Why stop here? Why not register hammers, knives, baseball bats and garden shears. Do these idiots really not realize how stupid they are?

Maybe we need a new law that requires all politicians to be sterilized... then at least they will stop breeding.

Buying a bottle of Drano won’t be the same in Illinois beginning Sunday.
A new state law requires customers purchasing products containing sodium hydroxide, or lye, and other corrosive chemicals to show a legitimate photo ID and to write their name, address and date of birth. And the store clerk will log the time and date of purchase.
Intrusive? Illinois lawmakers said Friday they agree that regulating drain cleaners and other products is needed to protect the public from those who may use them to harm.
“The fact of the matter is there are evil people in the world who will abuse the most normal, everyday household products for sinister aims,” Illinois Rep. Rich Morthland, R-Cordova, said.
[LEFT]
Read more: New law requires photo ID, logged transaction to buy drain cleaner
[/LEFT]

Is there a ban on wood ash and rain water? Just curious.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:40 PM

1,060 posts, read 1,557,672 times
This thread just proves that people will get mock outraged about anything. AeroGuyDC must buy a looooootttttt of Draino.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:05 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,584,267 times
God bless those Democrats, always out to save us from ourselves. So what if only 1 out of every 900,000 people who buy Drano will use it to make a drug - clearly this is an epidemic that needs addressed, and the inconvenience anyone with a clogged shower faces going forward is a small price to pay to make it appear to be combatting nefarious individuals while doing nothing of the sort.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:19 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
And the consumers will pick up the tab for the increased cost of doing business.
What increased cost? Is Drano such a fast-selling product that checking IDs is going to cut in business bottom line that much?

Thank, Frank, THINK!

Quote:
God bless those Democrats, always out to save us from ourselves. So what if only 1 out of every 900,000 people who buy Drano will use it to make a drug - clearly this is an epidemic that needs addressed, and the inconvenience anyone with a clogged shower faces going forward is a small price to pay to make it appear to be combatting nefarious individuals while doing nothing of the sort.
And that 1 will make enough meth to addict 900,000 people

Old 01-06-2012, 11:21 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,209,015 times
Quote:
Go teabag someone else, this lefty won't stand for your garbage.
Yeah. You go stud! I'm so totally intimidated by your pathetic lack of wit.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:33 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,584,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post

And that 1 will make enough meth to addict 900,000 people
Where are they buying their Drano from? Not even Costco sells that much stuff.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:46 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post

IL has a bad habit of regulating THINGS as a way to control actions of people rather than control those actions that are not appropriate. You want drain cleaner to clean your drain?? Have at it. Throw it in somebody's face in a hissy fit?? Live with Bubba and his buddies in Menard for about 10 years. No early release, no parole, no good time.

Start really punishing criminals, and the activity will begin to decrease.

The certainty of getting caught is a much bigger deterrent than the severity of the penalty.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:48 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
The faux outrage from the crowd who wants to require people to have ID every time they leave their house.

And who are those people? I've never met one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies