Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 09:37 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Giving?

BS!

I happen to enjoy things like the Interstate System, the benefits of the Air Traffic Control System, a national defense system, etc., I'm not so blind as you to not realize those things must be paid for somehow.
I think we already send money to the government for those things.. try again
Quote:
What I object to is paying more so the wealthy can pay less in order that they can knock down mansions to build ever bigger ones.
How are you paying more so Mrs Woods can knock down their home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 09:37 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,751,574 times
Willard Romney has got her back. Willard's tax plan dumps more cash on the rich.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:38 AM

13,573 posts, read 9,984,734 times
Quote:
You realize life-spans are still only in the 70-80 year range, right?
You realize your Country has massive debts?

They started printing money to pay them off, and to lend!

To tax these “Wealthy” would be a drop in the Ocean.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:43 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I think we already send money to the government for those things.. try again
What are you talking about?

You said we GIVE money, I'm saying we pay to operate the government. Just HOW would you propiose we do otherwise?

Quote:

I well remember back in the late '60s the public release of Nelson Rockefeller's personal income tax record. At the time, as a barely above minimum wage worker, I paid more personal income tax one year than he did. That's what I'm talking about, the loopholes in the tax code.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:44 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
You realize your Country has massive debts?

They started printing money to pay them off, and to lend!

To tax these “Wealthy” would be a drop in the Ocean.
So that of course justifies NOT taxing them, eh?

Sounds like BS to me.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:45 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,567,509 times
I don't even watch sports, any sports, but I'm pretty sure that she demolished a couple of my cents in that house, the money that Tiger appropriated without my knowledge or consent. The rich have the ways to get your money. First they are #1 beneficiaries of the wage slavery system preying on our survival instincts (who in his right mind would do all those brain numbing & spirit killing jobs? Free men wouldn't do them, no way). Second, they "strategically" control bulk of society's resources (not only mineral) necessary for our survival and collect "rent" & interest, the thing they do the best. Third, whether I like it or not, they control society' resources & capital we foolishly allowed them to amass, the mythology being that they are the best at managing our natural wealth, so we let them to rob us of our time & natural/social resources in order to make us richer and to ensure our survival (quite slavish, but that's the way we build our society).

OK, you've got "resources" and all you can do is to emulate excesses of the "the Fall of Rome", guess what, being rich is not a right, it's not a thing you can do on your own in the wild, you can be rich up to the point where you are useless and destructive enough to undermine the oppressive system allowing you "to collect" and to become rich. I'll give you a hint nature is not as "generous" (and stupid) as humans are, it never gives one monkey 100000 times more of bamboo sprouts than it gives to 9 other monkeys. It doesn't matter how smart, hardworking and brutish a monkey gets.

Let's face it, "The Rich" at this point in human history have no clue what to do with all that public resource at their disposal in order to ensure that their slaves' (preferably comfortable) survival. Whatever self-serving thing they do, it's just one more step towards abyss that would take them and us. The corner stone of "free" market mythology is crumbling as we speak and that girl is just another example.

Last edited by RememberMee; 01-07-2012 at 09:54 AM..

Old 01-07-2012, 09:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times
Quote:
What are you talking about?

You said we GIVE money, I'm saying we pay to operate the government. Just HOW would you propiose we do otherwise?
You dont give money to the government so it can operate? I didnt suggest we do it anyother way, I only posted the fact that we already do after you babbled some nonsense about things needing to be paid for.
Quote:
I well remember back in the late '60s the public release of Nelson Rockefeller's personal income tax record. At the time, as a barely above minimum wage worker, I paid more personal income tax one year than he did. That's what I'm talking about, the loopholes in the tax code.
That doesnt respond at all to what I said..

Quote:

Sounds like BS to me.
What sounds like BS is you suggesting anyone said that they shouldnt be taxed

Old 01-07-2012, 09:48 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,751,574 times
Pity all of those poor billionaires!

Old 01-07-2012, 09:50 AM

20,629 posts, read 19,292,640 times
Quote:
Why do you hate the people who will have jobs as a result?
I hope you are being facetious with this "Keynesian" prescription.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:51 AM

13,573 posts, read 9,984,734 times
Quote:

Sounds like BS to me.
Would you rather they leave the Country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies