Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 05:04 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
You are so much carried away by biased thinking that your judgement is obscured.
1) What interest would the US have in bombing fishermen? How that furthers any military or political plans?
Lets assume (following your logic) the US kills 100,000 fishermen. Will Iran's government abandon their nuclear plans?
2) I'm hopeful there will be no war with Iran. But what evil doers live in Iran's villages? (You probably know little about Iran or maybe confuse it with Afghanistan). Iran has a serious army with advanced capabilities and in case of military confrontation, Iran's army and nuclear facilities will be targeted.
3) Unlike in Saddam's case, there is no "evil guy" here. Ahamadinejad is only the "front monkey" to a regime and he doesn't really control Iran.
I know more about warfare and Iran than you think. Much more.

I'm amazed that there are still people who think warfare is only about bombing train depots and power stations.

The civilian body count in Iraq due to American democracy bombs = about 100 9/11's

But go ahead and keep getting your thoughts spoon fed to you by Mr. Obama's Defense Department Public Relations Branch.

One last thing:

Are Americans stupid enough to be talked into a pointless war with Iran only 10 years after being talked into a pointless war with Iraq?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 06:08 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I know more about warfare and Iran than you think. Much more.

I'm amazed that there are still people who think warfare is only about bombing train depots and power stations.

The civilian body count in Iraq due to American democracy bombs = about 100 9/11's

But go ahead and keep getting your thoughts spoon fed to you by Mr. Obama's Defense Department Public Relations Branch.

One last thing:

Are Americans stupid enough to be talked into a pointless war with Iran only 10 years after being talked into a pointless war with Iraq?
If Iran shuts down the Gulf it would mean that we would be forced to act and now China agree's with the US and even put out their own sanctions on them.

the best result is Iran ahs a Arab spring and get their Govronment to step down I mean imagine if a massive super tanker hits a sea mine Iran had put down and now their is another major oil spill but we can't go near it till we get all the mines in the area and make sure it is clear and safe.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:59 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,197,191 times
Quote:
When we start bombing Tehran in a few weeks do you think that the SmartBombs™ will only hit "the evil-doers who hate us for our freedom"?

C'mon man...turn off MSNBC and THINK!!
If we aren't bombing Tehran in a few weeks will you return to this thread and explain to everyone the irony of you telling others to think when you were so wrong?

Old 01-07-2012, 11:38 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
I still think we shouldn't have helped them. Iranians are not exactly our friends. If we ever go to war with Iran, then the fisherman and the man he is hugging will be pointing guns at each other.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
If Iran shuts down the Gulf it would mean that we would be forced to act and now China agree's with the US and even put out their own sanctions on them.

the best result is Iran ahs a Arab spring and get their Govronment to step down I mean imagine if a massive super tanker hits a sea mine Iran had put down and now their is another major oil spill but we can't go near it till we get all the mines in the area and make sure it is clear and safe.
America needs to stop going around the world looking for wars.

What if China felt we were a threat and decided to patrol our waters or send drones over our airspace?

Yeah, I know we are #1 but if we weren't it would be easier to see things from others point of view.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I still think we shouldn't have helped them. Iranians are not exactly our friends. If we ever go to war with Iran, then the fisherman and the man he is hugging will be pointing guns at each other.
You always help people in need. Those fishermen are not the government officials who threaten Israel.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
If we aren't bombing Tehran in a few weeks will you return to this thread and explain to everyone the irony of you telling others to think when you were so wrong?
You better hope we aren't at war again. But I doubt that the military-industrial complex will be satisfied with just one ongoing war...

Old 01-08-2012, 05:38 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Iran’s hard-line Fars news agency had a different take, calling the rescue operation a Hollywood dramatization of a routine event.
The Fars report noted that attacks by Somali pirates in the region are common and said that Iran’s navy has itself freed many mariners held by pirates in recent years without seeking to highly publicize it.
And due to Iran censorship, this is what the Iranian people heard. Also by following the history of the Iranian gov't, how many of the sailors in the future will be arrested as planted spies for the US?

Old 01-08-2012, 07:57 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
This is how one wins the hearts and minds of a nation, not invasion.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:15 AM

4,709 posts, read 12,674,787 times
Quote:
...But go ahead and keep getting your thoughts spoon fed to you by Mr. Obama's Defense Department Public Relations Branch...
Yeah, that "fisherman" was probably sent over by Central Casting.

I swear I've seen him before...in a tv commercial, maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies