Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 04:05 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,615,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
It the original OP above had referred to a let us say black couple and not about them being religious, what are the odds that YOU and many others would have replied the problem was not exclusive of blacks?
Black people, as a group, do not have a book they claim is the inerrant word of god, and then proceed to only pay attention to the parts they like, while damning others to he'll for doing the same. Christians do.

Apples and oranges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 10:34 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,793 times
Whoa! This video about hating religion but loving Jesus is worthy of its own thread in the religious section. It has tons of light. The young man in it is not yet free. He needs to be free of the "resentment" that he has for religion. Jesus came to save us from hate/resentment, too. He doesn't just say we "look" clean but He makes us clean though it takes us a lot of years to change, heading that way.

That said, in keeping with the subject of this thread it's about yet another human tragedy. Sometimes religious folks abuse their kids in one extreme just like liberals sell them into sexual slavery or use their own kids as sex slaves in the other extreme.

Sad that some folks can reproduce and have innocent, bright children at their mercy. Sorry, but this type of thing is far from new to us.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:08 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
With well over 1 million abortions in the USA every year I have a difficult time believing the OP was at all concerned about "the children" as the motivation for starting this thread.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:51 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
Fundamentalist Christians Spank Child to Death In The Name Of God | Addicting Info

CNN reported on Monday that parents spanked their 7-year-old adopted daughter to death. The parents are fundamentalist Christians who beat their nine children regularly because they believe God told them to.

Clearly fundamentalism is still here in the USA and it must be dealt with. I could project all Christians to be like this as the idiots here do with Islam but I won't.

I'll let you all take this for what it is.

Spanking and severe abuse are two different things. If someone hits a child hard and often enough to kill him/her, then it's murder, no matter what religion, or non-religion they belong to.

God didn't tell them to kill their child. They decided to do that all by themselves.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:26 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,550,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Did you not read the thread? I already posted this.

Deuteronomy 21
21:18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

21:19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

21:20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21:21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Leviticus 20:9: For anyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death; he has cursed his father or his mother; his blood is upon him.
Selective reading on your part as I can see.

You selectively pulled quotes. How about pulling other parts of the Bible those in the New Testament? Does the New Testament support such actions?

Did Jesus not say that the law hangs of two things love thy neighborg and God?

My point in this thread is the stereotyping attitudes toward groups. Are there extremist zealots that go too far in pushing their religious views? Of course there are! In any group there are those types at differing levels. Also, there are those that love to stereotype a whole group for the bad apples. That includes you by being selective. Why? at first glance my perception may be your possible disday towards religions, religions, theism, etc. or something else. Deny it all you want but at times it is attitudes against any group is hard to hide. Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies