Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 09:29 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times

Advertisements

Since I never support neo con/lib warmongers I would not support Bachman for POTUS or if I was in her district. But trying to be fair I think Bachman was a good fiscal conservative rep and no one can take that away from her. When it came to fiscal policy Bachman was on the right side, here are some examples :
Quote:
• Voted NO on the 2007 Farm Bill and NO on the veto override
• Voted NO on TARP
• Voted NO on the Stimulus
• Voted NO on Cash for Clunkers
• Voted NO three times to extend unemployment benefits
• Voted YES on cutting funding for AMTRAK. Voted NO on AMTRAK reauthorization.
• Voted NO on a congressional pay raise

Presidential White Papers: Michele Bachmann

I do not know about other so called conservatives but that is a pretty good record, I really like the no vote on the farm bill we should end all subsidies and on AMTRAK which is a money loser. Remember our gvt is broke. Besides going after the christian vote with social issues she ran a OK campaign and did well during the debates. I almost like her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 09:45 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Did her husband ok her decision (sar)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Didn't 'god' tell her to marry Marcus? If so, maybe god told her to retire and Marcus then gave his permission. I suspect that god and Marcus work in tandem when it comes to controlling Michelle.
Ya, she compares herself to Thatcher(Iron Lady) OMGAWD!

An Iron Lady who is submissive to men???

WHAT!

Old 01-09-2012, 09:49 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Since I never support neo con/lib warmongers I would not support Bachman for POTUS or if I was in her district. But trying to be fair I think Bachman was a good fiscal conservative rep and no one can take that away from her. When it came to fiscal policy Bachman was on the right side, here are some examples :

Presidential White Papers: Michele Bachmann

I do not know about other so called conservatives but that is a pretty good record, I really like the no vote on the farm bill we should end all subsidies and on AMTRAK which is a money loser. Remember our gvt is broke. Besides going after the christian vote with social issues she ran a OK campaign and did well during the debates. I almost like her.
Thank you for reminding me how detrimental Bachmann is to the economy and how much she hates the average working American:

• Voted NO on TARP

The last one..big deal...I'm sure that didn't hurt HER much.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:01 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Thank you for reminding me how detrimental Bachmann is to the economy and how much she hates the average working American:

• Voted NO on TARP

The last one..big deal...I'm sure that didn't hurt HER much.
So you are for big AG getting subsidies? or the bankster making bad bets and getting a bail out? or supporting a failed company year after year? Hmmm you must be against the free market.
What economy are you talking about? if it was not for gvt money there would not be a economy. I am in the school of we have a huge fundamental problem when we have a economy that relies on 72% consumption and the gvt subsidizing it to keep it afloat. I support we should take our medicine now and stop beating a dead horse.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:03 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
"The Washington Post reports that political observers in Minnesota are skeptical that Rep. Michelle Bachmann, R-Minn., will seek reelection this year."

Bachmann Likely to Retire From Congress#

If true, I guess she's looking at that idiot Palin making all that money and figuring she could do at least half as well. Bachman has Marcus to take care of the house so she could spend her time getting paid to lie on foxnews.

Sounds like a win for America.
Typical leftist juvenile name calling rant. "If you don't agree with me you are an idiot"

Nothing new here. Same as hundreds of other posts.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
I think that the US House of Representatives will be marginally better without her venomous rhetoric, and I agree with you, that comment you quoted was pretty classless.
Shall we post ALL the venomous rhetoric said by dems We can start with Pelosi if you want.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Another right winger about to go commercial and cash in on that paranoia! woot.
And join the list of dems.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Lightbulb Bachmann Likely to Retire From Congress

So, first god tells her to be president, and now he's telling her to throw in the towel.

Interesting...

Old 01-09-2012, 10:51 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Stay classy *******s, stay classy.
It's not in their nature.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:45 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

Obviously, '*******' is a very classy word.
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Lets see, wishing someone's death, is in the same arena as name calling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies