Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should airport security in America look like?
No security at all. Let's preserve our freedom. 9 15.52%
Reduced security. The guys with the box cutters and shoe bombs may have gotten through, but we should just live with that risk. 26 44.83%
Same level of security as now. I'd rather sacrifice some freedom in the security line for the odds of a safer flight. 19 32.76%
Greater security. Let's reduce the risk as much as humanly possible at the expense of personal freedom. 4 6.90%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 01:41 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times

Advertisements

Yes sure.

Let's just disband the TSA.

No more security screening.

Allow airlines to make their own policy regarding who can fly on their jets or not.

Allow them to make flights exclusively for people who don't fit the profile of a terrorist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 03:18 PM

15,060 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Yes sure.

Let's just disband the TSA.

No more security screening.

Allow airlines to make their own policy regarding who can fly on their jets or not.

Allow them to make flights exclusively for people who don't fit the profile of a terrorist.
Right .... the airlines are going to arbitrarily deny 1+ Million people the right to travel, and the subsequent loss of revenue like the TSA's no fly list is doing right now? I don't think so. Right now, nobody knows how someone get's put on that TSA no fly list, and no clear way of getting off it. It's even been used as retribution against political figures and journalists who fall out of line with the establishment message. It's a bloody outrage.

The fact is, the TSA is the most corrupt, tyrannical, unlawfully behaving group of criminal miscreants this nation has ever experienced! Our very own SS Gestapo. And I'm certain that many of you would have loved living in Germany circa 1939 .... bunch of anti-American $^*%$

Old 01-10-2012, 07:19 PM

19 posts, read 9,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Only a fool would expect to be protected 100%.

I'd rather be safe than sorry. If you do not support more stringent measures, then you are part of the problem.

I envision a day that the TSA can get very close to 100% by enforcing stricter measures. It is for your own good and safety so deal with it.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:23 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA_Forever View Post
I'd rather be safe than sorry. If you do not support more stringent measures, then you are part of the problem.

I envision a day that the TSA can get very close to 100% by enforcing stricter measures. It is for your own good and safety so deal with it.

I would rather be free than waste our money on useless TSA procedures.

TSA has not improved safety.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Metal detectors, random pat down, and x ray checks of your baggage.

The reason 9/11 hijackers got into the cockpits is because they were LET into the cockpit. Yes, on the plane they got through security with small box cutters, but they were let into the cockpit.

As a rule, no one should be allowed into the cockpit once in flight.

Yes, and they never will be allowed in again. The solution to 911 was very cheap and needed NO government intervention.

You could hand every passenger a gun as they boarded the plan and not harm security.

911 will never happen again, with or without TSA.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I would rather be free than waste our money on useless TSA procedures.

TSA has not improved safety.

You don't make that decision. The Federal Government does thorugh the TSA.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA_Forever View Post
You don't make that decision. The Federal Government does thorugh the TSA.
You are correct. And this is just one example of our bloated, too powerful federal government. Our freedom diminishes every year in an inverse relationship to the growth of government power. It will continue to grow until "Atlas Shrugs".

But beware of Jury Nullification. Many of us will acquit people charged for altercations with TSA and other gestapo groups.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You are correct. And this is just one example of our bloated, too powerful federal government. Our freedom diminishes every year in an inverse relationship to the growth of government power. It will continue to grow until "Atlas Shrugs".

But beware of Jury Nullification. Many of us will acquit people charged for altercations with TSA and other gestapo groups.
You can wait a long time for that. Peasants like you here are a minority. The vast majority of Americans support the TSA and security measures.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:29 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Just spend the time and money, get your pilots license and fly yourself.

Problem solved.

I fly a lot. A WHOLE LOT. And TSA has never really been a problem for me, I've never been searched and have never had to go into one of those scanners. I also fly myself around pretty often and simply walking out to your plane and taking off without so much as a goodbye from the receptionist at the FBO is also pretty awesome.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:31 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,196,723 times
I miss the days of people going to the gate to say goodbye. One of the objectives of terrorism is to instill fear, so in this sense, the terrorists accomplished something. But our leaders also need our irrational fear to keep people stupid and in line.

This doesn't mean the TSA is bad, though. I have no problem with the TSA and I never have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies