Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 02:04 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,540,104 times

Advertisements

I wish Texas would just secede already. You already had your Sodomy laws refuted by the USSC a few years ago when some cops were watching two men having sex in their own apartment through their window. Now you want doctors to humilate their female patients if they want to abort. If you do secede perhaps you can make Rick Santorum your President! Pathetic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 02:42 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,206,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
How cruel, to wish for the death of a living, breathing woman in order to maybe give birth to a live infant.
Somr woman have to make that choice and some choose to give birth

Old 01-11-2012, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I wish Texas would just secede already. You already had your Sodomy laws refuted by the USSC a few years ago when some cops were watching two men having sex in their own apartment through their window. Now you want doctors to humilate their female patients if they want to abort. If you do secede perhaps you can make Rick Santorum your President! Pathetic!
So let me get this straight, Texas should secede because the SC struck down a law .And that showing a mother what she is about to do is is against your belief. So the state of Texas should secede because you disagree with a law and the S court struck down another law. And i really still think if a couple is having sex with their windows open so all can see it still probably illegal.
Thanks for sharing your very deep insight

Old 01-11-2012, 04:26 AM

15,701 posts, read 17,004,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
To Zimbochick...Knowing intellectually is very different than seeing something.

I abhor abortion because it is not just murder but a torturous death since they do not give any anesthesia to the "fetus." As I said, I would not deny others the right to make their own choice to do it, or not just as I did. As I said, God will judge them, not me. I'm very regretful that I had mine, and more than one of my friends, when we were teens and in our twenties had multiple abortions.
A fetus cannot feel pain. The stuctures necessary to transmit pain signals are not even developed yet during the time frame of on demand abortions. Do some research or just read the links provided in this thread.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
It's not a guilt trip. I'm so over the "back alley" and "coat hanger" discussions, do you really honestly think that would happen? I am of the opinion that life is life and it should not be killed no matter what, but that is not a part of this discussion.
Yes, it would. Are you really so naive as to think it wouldn't?

Old 01-11-2012, 04:56 AM

Quote:
1) My husband.

2) Yes. All women have parents and they all have someone who got them pregnant. Most have friends.

In Andrea's fairybook version of what the world is.....all women have parents to take care of them. They all have friends who will pay their rent for them.....and baby daddys always do the right thing. And then they all live happily ever after. LMAO!

3) It's against the law to fire someone b/c they are pregnant. If they don't want to be in a nasty slum, they don't have to get pregnant to begin with, or keep the baby once they have it.If they are in the nasty slum, however, they get welfare, so who knows, fo rthem it might be a toss up.

Women do get fired when they do not show up to do their jobs. Do you think all jobs provide paid maternity leave? Don't have to get pregnant? Yes, all women get pregnant on purpose, all bc is 100% effective.....in Andrealand.

4) I'm well aware of that. But I can put myself in others' shoes. I just wish they would put themselves in the more responsible shoes of someone like me.
No, you can't put yourself in others' shoes when you do not even have a grasp on the realities of this world. Your statement that all women have parents and families to take care of them is just one GLARING example of that.

Responsible like you? How responsible would you be without your husband, your parents and your friends there to take care of you? How would you ever manage without someone to run to when things got tough?

Last edited by Annie53; 01-11-2012 at 05:29 AM..

Old 01-11-2012, 05:28 AM

11,754 posts, read 14,612,870 times
Quote:
1) My husband.

2) Yes. All women have parents and they all have someone who got them pregnant. Most have friends.

3) It's against the law to fire someone b/c they are pregnant. If they don't want to be in a nasty slum, they don't have to get pregnant to begin with, or keep the baby once they have it.If they are in the nasty slum, however, they get welfare, so who knows, fo rthem it might be a toss up.

4) I'm well aware of that. But I can put myself in others' shoes. I just wish they would put themselves in the more responsible shoes of someone like me.
You're a typical anti-choicer. For some people life isn't as simple and easy as it apparently is for you.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:27 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,117,192 times
Quote:
Fair enough. But I'm sure you could watch. They assume everyone is dumb and has no clue what they're looking at.
"""They assume everyone is dumb and has no clue what they're looking at.""

The people who want MORE government interference in our lives by forcing women to look at sonograms MUST think WOMEN are dumb and have no clue what pregnancy is....

You agree?

Old 01-11-2012, 08:20 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
It's not a guilt trip. I'm so over the "back alley" and "coat hanger" discussions, do you really honestly think that would happen? I am of the opinion that life is life and it should not be killed no matter what, but that is not a part of this discussion.
It's happened before and it would happen again if women were denied abortions. Abortion is probably one of the oldest medical procedures. Consequences of a law do need to be considered.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It's happened before and it would happen again if women were denied abortions. Abortion is probably one of the oldest medical procedures. Consequences of a law do need to be considered.
Over turning roe versus wade would not make abortions illegal . It would allow states to decide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies