Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 12:25 PM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,115 times

Advertisements

OMG, how horrible. We live on the outskirts of a very small town, surrounded by farms and woods, and the area is overrun with feral cats. People just abandon tiny kittens and older cats, too, to fend for themselves, and they reproduce. Spay and neuter your pets, people, PLEASE! We presently have five - four kittens (a litter of cuties that I got sapped into keeping), and a crabby seven-year-old spinster grey tabby who resents the newcomers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 01:28 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times
We recently found a mini-dachshund puppy in the middle of the road, people are forever dumping animals in our area.
The non-kill shelter folks and I are on a first name basis.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:16 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,822,410 times
That's so horrible. Too bad "reap what you sow" can't apply here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Agreed about the jerk who would do this, but isn't this story 6+ months old? Seems I remember reading about this last summer.
There's probably more than one.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:33 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Hero Labrador Rescues Newborn Kittens Left to Die on Iowa Highway | TakePart - News, Culture, Videos and Photos That Make the World Better

What kind of a jerkwad, missing link from man's past, degenerate, throws a bunch of baby kittens in a bag and dumps them on the highway?

Better yet, could a jury of my "PEERS", actually convict me of a crime if I caught someone doing this and dealt with them, the same way they were doing to these helpless creatures.

Yes, I know a human life vs a kitten, but seriously? How can you be human, and treat a group of helpless and defenseless creatures like this person did. How can you even justify a person's existence who would do this, let alone THINK of doing this to another creature.

We aren't talking of killing for food, or anything. We are discussing a cold-hearted loser who couldn't be bothered to take this kittens to the shelter. I mean really, it takes less effort to call the shelter or someone to come get the kittens than it would to do what this person did.....

My real question...

If they were to even catch the person who did this, what punishment should they receive?

Personally, I think their name and picture along with the complete details should across the front page of every newspaper across the country. Let every know what kind of person this person really is. Then, whatever local fine/punishment is assessed should take place also. (Though I personally kinda like the idea if tying him up so he's helpless and tossing him on a highway and let him feel the terror that these poor creatures felt. I am not suggesting that he be run over, but have a few cars drive by him so he can hear them.....).
This happens more than you know and it is deplorable.

Nita

Old 01-12-2012, 04:02 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,925,299 times
There are some ice-cold-hearted people out there. And to think, all it would take to have prevented this is that person getting his pet spayed/neutered. Easy and prevents so much suffering.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:07 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Sure thing Bob Barker. Who's gonna spay/neuter all the feral cuts running around everywhere? Fish need to eat too.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:39 PM

10,006 posts, read 15,643,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Sure thing Bob Barker. Who's gonna spay/neuter all the feral cuts running around everywhere? Fish need to eat too.
We've adopted 2 feral kittens, the youngest is 5 months old now. He looks like a Maine Coon.

They are both very sweet.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:43 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Most just shoot em around here. I got two cats and a dog from the rescue league. Two rabbits too. I'm not some pet hater but gotta cull them down somehow.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:50 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
I live in farm country, which also must mean dumping grounds for any unwanted pets. This is just another example of a society that refuses to take any responsibility for their decisions. Make it someone elses problem right?
Kittens are cute and adorable when they are young. Damn then they grow up.
Puppies are fun and so playful. Then they poop on the floor.
Everybody loves puppies and kittens they just dont want the R for the extra burden that comes with owning a pet. Same as they dont want the R for any of the other decisions they make that comes back to bite them on the arse.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:08 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,925,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I said 'pet', genius.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies