Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 09:13 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,732,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Michele Obama is an EXTREMELY intelligent, well read, well bred, polite, soft spoken caring woman, mother, wife, daughter. She behaves with class and integrity, she loves her God, her country, her family. .

Did you overlook this "For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country "

If the only time you are proud of your country is when the voters elect your husband....... that reflects a lot of anger....

Old 01-12-2012, 09:14 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,207 times
Quote:
Like she said herself, when asked about this authors claims....."what have I got to be angry at, my life is amazing".
That doesn't dispel anything. She's trying her best to craft a public image of her, her husband, and their relationship. The Obamas are not just a family, and a couple, but a political brand.

Quote:
But Michelle does have an aura of strength, (I'm glad you noticed)..... which is NOT AT ALL a projection of "masculine power",
Her type of "strength" is very masculine; and yes, there is a tremendous difference between masculine and feminine strength. Female lawyers are notorious for having to compete "in a man's world," and thus develop the coarse behavior of men.

This is why conventional wisdom among men is to marry nurses or teachers, not lawyers.

Quote:
but is due to great self confidence and belief in ones self, regardless of gender.
Right, that's the positive way to describe the intolerable self-centeredness of a "diva" -- "belief in one's self."

If you're a guy, that's called "being a douche bag."

Quote:
A strong man does not need to find fault with a woman to make himself masculine, in fact he is the strongest of the male species that wishes to have a strong woman at his side and to produce the strongest offspring.
This is all manipulative nonsense. A strong man wants a woman, not another man.

Obama has never come across as a particularly strong male -- he comes off as a classic "Beta Male", the sort who would be easily dominated by a woman. So really, it doesn't take much from Michelle to cement the impression that she wears the pants.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
I see more angry, rude, scowling white trailer trash women when I go anywhere in the south. Does that mean southern white trash women hate America?
The only white trailer trash I have seen in the South are those that moved from the North to escape the terrible weather.....

Does that mean that Northern white trash women hate America?

Old 01-12-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I've seen posts on Hillary. Would you classify her as an "angry White woman" ? And no one pulled a "race card" with her ..why not ?
Well, she was quite angry when she found out about Bill and Monica..... and she is white..... so......

Old 01-12-2012, 09:21 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,725,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Did you overlook this "For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country "

If the only time you are proud of your country is when the voters elect your husband....... that reflects a lot of anger....

Especially since she was not earning a lot in the private sector until her husband pulled some political strings and got a Chicago hospital to create a fake job for her at an inflated salary. The job was such a joke that it was not even filled with another person when she left for Washington.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:22 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,725,942 times
Quote:
Well, she was quite angry when she found out about Bill and Monica..... and she is white..... so......

Hillary ALWAYS knew about Bill and Monica. Hillary and Bill have had an open marriage since they got together in college. Her anger was that it interfered with her unearned quest for power riding his coat tails.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:22 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Did you see the link posted earlier with a whole collage of pictures showing the Michele Obama Scowl? One could argue that a picture is just a snapshot in time, but when you have that many pictures, you begin to see a panorama of the person.

My opinion is what it is, and I think you're being obtuse by ignoring what many people do in fact see in this First Lady.
Oy. Did you even read my first post about putting up a collage of pictures? You could have just as easily do that for almost anyone else. You could have even put up pictures of her smiling. Would any of those have proved any point other than that she frowns or smiles? No. If you want to determine if someone is (insert whatever stereotype you are seeking) you would actually have to seem them in action.

And yes people like yourself may see things in the First Lady that aren't actually there. I'm not ignoring that, I am just stating the fact that there is no logical reason for it.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:23 AM

2,226 posts, read 2,102,579 times
Quote:

Had you heard her entire speech instead of the right wing soundbite, you would have understood what she was saying.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Had you heard her entire speech instead of the right wing soundbite, you would have understood what she was saying.

So, spin it for us in your left wing style.....

Old 01-12-2012, 09:26 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It was spoken like the true Mediocre, Apathetic, Entitled, Victimized, Angry Black Woman that she is.
sigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies