Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 11:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Come back to us when they finally catch a terrorist because everything you've reported so far that the TSA found would have been found before 9/11 with the security in place at that time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 11:28 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
People on this board have claimed that airport security is not needed. They're obviously delusional. Unfortunately, the delusional wheel is usually the loudest.
Don't be stupid, nobody has claimed that airport security isn't needed. Many on this board like myself have indeed questioned the need for the TSA as a very bloated, nationwide, federal gov. run agency when the states handled airport security prior to the TSA.

This is the same type of ignorant argument made by liberal idiots daily here who claim that conservatives hate police and firemen, hate teachers or other stupid assertions like that which simply aren't true. We simply don't want the federal gov. to take power that they shouldn't have, especially power over states.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:17 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,587,871 times
Quote:
People on this board have claimed that airport security is not needed. They're obviously delusional. Unfortunately, the delusional wheel is usually the loudest.
I am aware of no-one on this board who has claimed security is not needed. What people claim, including myself, is that TSA has gone overboard and is a total waste of taxpayer resources that provides only the illusion of security instead of actual security.

We don't need naked scanners, untrained clerks trying to read our minds with inane questions and we certainly don't need these same clerks grabbing us in ways that if outside the airport would result in them being criminally charged.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:58 PM

1,482 posts, read 2,384,482 times
The owners of those guns, if they own them legally, should get 90 days in the can then 20 years for stupid.

Stupid people catching stupid people.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:09 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Come back to us when they finally catch a terrorist because everything you've reported so far that the TSA found would have been found before 9/11 with the security in place at that time.

Hoplophobes think this is news. Yawn...........

The sky is not falling because of this.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:10 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiocracy1 View Post
And pray tell what exactly is your occupation? Whether, I have more intimate knowledge of the DHS doesn't matter at all.

Hiding bombs in cavities by suicide bombers have been done already. Saudi suicide bomber hid IED in his anal cavity | Homeland Security News Wire

The fact is, we are $15 trillion in debt and growing. To have the DHS and TSA growing every year when we are borrowing money from CHina is completely unacceptable. This is the big picture about the DHS and for that matter the Federal government. The DHS and TSA are just but one part of the Federal Government that needs to downsize. We can either choose to do it voluntarily, or the markets will force our hand later on through interest rates.

I do not think it is worth it to spend an extra couple of billion a year to marginally improve security. 30,000-40,000 people a year die in car accidents and yet the Feds bicker over whether to spend money on upgrading infrastructure. 3,000 people die in 9/11 and we spend hundreds of billions over the past ten years. If you cannot understand this, then you ARE part of the problem. People like you are fiscally irresponsible and to be honest, it would be good for the US to go bankrupt like GReece to teach people like you a lesson.

Besides, you conveneniently left out the part where I suggested employees can be bribed (See TSA's very finest Minetta Walker of NY). If you are an expert, I have a question for you:

The TSA don't subject their own employees and airport employees such as baggage handlers who enter the secure area to the same screenings as passengers. Why is this so? The US doesn't even follow its own international obligations on security. This is like having the most expensive secuirty system installed in my house and leaving the back door open.
It does matter if you work for DHS or not. People who work within an agency have more information about what goes on and why than someone who doesn't work for that agency. To a certain extent that is true and at the same time, people who do not have access to information can try their best to find out the information other ways, but that is tough to do.

Basically, I talk about the fact that I work for DHS because it DOES give me an insight to what really goes on. Yes, there are things that can not be said publicly and are sensitive information. For some reason, people seem to think that "sensitive information" is some joke. No, it really is sensitive and should be out on the internet somewhere. When you work for an agency and you hear people say things that are not true or that would easily be shut down if the truth was revealed then you view all of these types of discussions in a different way then someone who doesn't have that information does.

There are opinions that the public has about DHS or TSA that they have the right to have and don't require being employed by DHS to have those opinions. For instance, having an issue with the budget. That's fine. If the budget information has been released and costs are public then people should and have the right to voice their opinions about what they would like to see. So, a sentence like, "I don't like that TSA has this much money going towards it," would be fair game and based on facts. However, to go into detail and to start coming up with ways that the budget should be redone and to make claims that such-and-such process or position is not required is based off of assumption.

Also, statements like, "TSA hasn't caught anything," are statements that a person who does not work for the agency or have knowledge of such information can not say.

That is why whether you work for an agency matters or not. Also, I would never reveal my specific job on the internet. In my opinion, that's just asking for trouble.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:17 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
"SEATTLE - Transportation security agents have discovered two handguns during screening of carry-on baggage over the past two days at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Transportation Security Administration officials said Thursday.

Both passengers with the firearms were arrested, and both now face charges and possible fines. One of the guns was loaded, with a round in the chamber."
What's the point? You could hand every passenger a gun and not hurt airplane security.

TSA is a useless, expensive and abusive part of our bloated government.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Last year the TSA reported finding 1,238 firearms at airport checkpoints, which works out to an average of almost four guns per day.

So what? TSA is a bloated, expensive and useless government agency. There is no need for TSA. It should be eliminated.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So you have no problem with an airplane full of armed Muslims???.

No, I don't.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post

This is the extreme stuff that you read here. "If everyone on a plane were armed ..." WTF? LOL

You could hand a gun to everyone who boards a plane and not harm security.

911 will never happen again and TSA does nothing to prevent it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies