Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 08:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Now isn't this the small government those on the right want ?
So does that mean the left is now for it as well ?

Old 01-13-2012, 08:43 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
That represents the conservative idea of "logic".
No, it represents an obsessively partisan idea of "logic."

Old 01-13-2012, 08:44 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
"Insourcing" may not be so great for the economy actually. It can result in increased costs for employers which could cause them to cut jobs or to raise prices, leading to inflation, or to go out of business, obviously causing job losses.
No. The companies will do it out of their own free will after they do their own cost analysis. The idea is to create an environment which will prompt them choose US over India. Many companies have already brought jobs back to US.

That is not the topic of this thread though. There is a thread going about it already.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:46 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Now isn't this the small government those on the right want ?
So does that mean the left is now for it as well ?
No, the right wants a neutered, impotent government... because they believe men are moral and angels and it is the government that gets in the way and forces them into corruption.

Leftists, like I, believes that the government is necessary because welfare of the people and the nation can't be left to the hawks. The difference between left and right is also in that, the right believes in guaranteed tax cuts (again... people/corporations being "angels" idea), whereas the left is about targeted tax cuts (accountability... if you don't produce the effect, you're not supposed to enjoy the fruits).

Old 01-13-2012, 08:47 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Now isn't this the small government those on the right want ?So does that mean the left is now for it as well ?
The right has a track record of aggressive government expansion while talking about small govt, but personally I don't care who is for what. As far as I am aware both parties have always agreed that removing waste is a good idea. It's common sense. I am for cutting government waste, and I am surprised there are so many opposed to it. This is what partisan spirit does to people. It makes them oppose common sense policies for partisan reasons.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:48 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, if Obama and Romney propose the same idea, you will oppose it when Obama says it, and support it when Romney says it?

You are a walking and talking definition of the partisan spirit.

Partisan has nothing to do with it. Romney is qualified to make this proposal and Obama is not. That is a fact.

Whose opinion do you value more when shopping for a plumber?

A. The snot-nosed kid stocking shelves in the hardware section at WalMart (Obama)
B. A professional plumbing company. (Romney)

Old 01-13-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No. The companies will do it out of their own free will after they do their own cost analysis. The idea is to create an environment which will prompt them choose US over India. Many companies have already brought jobs back to US.

That is not the topic of this thread though. There is a thread going about it already.
I agree, as long as it's not through tariffs or penalties for doing business overseas. I was merely explaining why outsourcing is generally not terrible if it reduces a company's costs and why insourcing is generally not great if it increases a company's costs.

And, you're right, this isn't the thread for this discussion.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:51 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
"Insourcing" may not be so great for the economy actually. It can result in increased costs for employers which could cause them to cut jobs or to raise prices, leading to inflation, or to go out of business, obviously causing job losses.
Thank you for illustrating my point on the right wing irrationality. We dealt with this problem in the 1990s, right, compared to the 2000s? Besides, even with your hatred for jobs coming back (either due to you listening to a lunatic with a microphone on the radio/tv or based on your own belief system)... employers are doing so because it makes sense. Ask my company.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Thank you for illustrating my point on the right wing irrationality. We dealt with this problem in the 1990s, right, compared to the 2000s? Besides, even with your hatred for jobs coming back (either due to you listening to a lunatic with a microphone on the radio/tv or based on your own belief system)... employers are doing so because it makes sense. Ask my company.
I want employers to do so if it makes sense, but not because they're forced to, as I said in a subsequent post. And only a moron would "hate" jobs coming back unless it actually resulted in less American jobs overall. BTW, I don't listen to conservative talk radio. I think it's garbage. My opinions are mine.

Thanks for illustrating my point on left wing irrationality. You think that simplistic solutions always work and that anyone who dares to see issues as complex (which they are 99% of the time) is "irrational."

Liberalism is a disorder. And, FWIW, I chuckled when you insinuated that I'm a right-winger. Right-leaning, yes, but right-winger? Hahahaha.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:05 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,071,854 times
Quote:
outsourcing is bad for the economy , and now insourcing is bad for the economy. Seriously, which is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies