Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 08:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

I have been labeled as part of a cult, for supporting the US Constitution.

I have no clue if those that label me this, were born & raised here in the States, or if they are foreign transplants that don't understand our unique values of freedom & liberty, on an individual basis.

If you support the US Constitution, whether it hurts or helps you, were you born here & raised here in the USA?

USAF brat, born in Sherman, Okla. I support the US Constitution 100%. I am part of the Constitutional Cult
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 08:16 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
The problem is not with support of the US Constitution but the preaching of a personal version of it.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:23 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,621,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The problem is not with support of the US Constitution but the preaching of a personal version of it.
Exactly. The cultish aspect of it is the belief that there is only ONE correct interpretation of the constitution.

I find the typical "right wing" interpretation of the constitution to be lacking.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:24 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
IMHO the "Constitutional Cult" makes the mistake of treating it as a "HOLT WRIT". The Constitution is a Political Docunment not a Holy Book. The Constitution deserves respect not worship.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:49 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,494,717 times
Have you read the Constitution? What does it say? Does it have anything to do with "freedom & liberty"?

Old 01-13-2012, 09:36 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

I have no clue if those that label me this, were born & raised here in the States, or if they are foreign transplants that don't understand our unique values of freedom & liberty, on an individual basis.

If you support the US Constitution, whether it hurts or helps you, were you born here & raised here in the USA?

USAF brat, born in Sherman, Okla. I support the US Constitution 100%. I am part of the Constitutional Cult
I see you have your answers. But will you listen to them. Whenever a group resorts to calling others that disagee with their candidates ideas American Haters, Warmongers, Constitution Haters along with plenty of personal attacks beyond those then those people are exibiting Cult like traits. Since you asked the question and now that you have your answers will you adjust your replies and tone down the rhetoric or simple ignore the answers? Did you REALLY want answers or were you simple standing on your soap box? I will add that the fanatical support that has been displayed on this board does not get more people to listen to the message but instead it has the opposite effect and turns people away. If his supporters want to claim their candidate is level headed leader that is respectful of other opinions and can work with others then they might try following that example themselves, so far only a few have managed to do it.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:41 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

What do you think of Arizona's immigration SB 1070 law or the other state laws modeled after it? What do you think of the real id act?

Old 01-13-2012, 09:55 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Couldn't answer the question directly, could you ??

The Constitution is an awesome document which deserves 100% adherence by all citizens. It is there to protect us.

US born and raised - also a USAF brat.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:04 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
Exactly. The cultish aspect of it is the belief that there is only ONE correct interpretation of the constitution.

I find the typical "right wing" interpretation of the constitution to be lacking.
It makes no sense to run the country on a subjective or "living" document. How can you have a foundational document that shifts based on the times?

Old 01-13-2012, 10:12 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It makes no sense to run the country on a subjective or "living" document. How can you have a foundational document that shifts based on the times?
But it IS a Living Document, hence the Ammendments, not to mention the Bill of Rights that goes hand in hand with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies