Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 01:30 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,506,033 times

Advertisements

This is not the time, nor the place to show such things. Family values?

Quote:
One of the US's most prominent anti-abortion activists, Randall Terry, is attempting to exploit US election law to force television stations in dozens of cities to air graphic ads featuring aborted foetuses during next month's Super Bowl.

The ad he plans to run includes graphic pictures of a black man hanging from a tree, murdered victims of the Holocaust and of aborted babies. "The slaughter of babies by abortion. This is murder. President Obama perpetuates this massacre," it says.
Activist exploits election law to have pro-life ads shown during Super Bowl | World news | guardian.co.uk

Randall Terry Bringing Aborted Fetus Ads To Super Bowl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 01:34 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,393,803 times
I have mixed feelings about this. I think it's highly inappropriate, but at the same time I'm a strong supporter of freedom of speech. I'm just not sure what restrictions should be placed on that right.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:36 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,182,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
If they ar e willing to spend the money for an ad seems to be free enterpise

Old 01-13-2012, 01:38 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,358,431 times
He's running for president. I watched the advert.

It doesn't need to run during the superbowl. He's running on a pro life platform apparently.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:41 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,778,666 times
I have not seen the ad so I cannot judge. However, the wonderful thing about TV is that no one puts a gun to your temple and forces you to watch it. No one forces children to watch television without parental supervision either.

Last I knew murder was not a family value. So why is bringing attention to a murder problem inappropriate in regard to the OP's claim about "family values"? Why are Progressives against free speech that disagrees with their viewpoints?

Old 01-13-2012, 01:43 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,778,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
He's running for president. I watched the advert.

It doesn't need to run during the superbowl. He's running on a pro life platform apparently.
And Obama runs on a pro-abortion/pro-war platform if actions count for anything. Yet, he'll no doubt get his "free" airtime promo immediately preceding the game as he has every year since taking office. Double standard?

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 01-13-2012 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-13-2012, 01:46 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,512,964 times
President Obama perpetuates this massacre

So this is a attack on the President who has nothing to do with Abortion laws. Why doesn't he attack the US Supreme Court judges that made Roe V Wade the law of the land?

Old 01-13-2012, 01:46 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,358,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
And Obama runs on a pro-abortion/pro wart platform if actions count for anything. Yet, he'll no doubt get his "free" airtime promo immediately preceding the game as he has every year since taking office. Double standard?
Obama is running a pro choice or wart advert during the superbowl?

None of that garbage belongs on during the superbowl.

Just stupid car commercials, beer commercials, soda commercials, snack commercials.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:00 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,241,414 times
Quote:
I have not seen the ad so I cannot judge. However, the wonderful thing about TV is that no one puts a gun to your temple and forces you to watch it. No one forces children to watch television without parental supervision either.

Last I knew murder was not a family value. So why is bringing attention to a murder problem inappropriate in regard to the OP's claim about "family values"? Why are Progressives against free speech that disagrees with their viewpoints?
As I recall, Randall Terry advocates killing people who work in clinics that perform abortions (bombings, murders, etc.). Don't believe Obama suggests we kill murdering "pro-lifers", or even limit their freedom of speech.

As to your first paragraph, I have two words for you: "wardrobe malfunction".

Old 01-13-2012, 02:02 PM

68,277 posts, read 54,017,893 times
Quote:
And Obama runs on a pro-abortion/pro-war platform if actions count for anything. Yet, he'll no doubt get his "free" airtime promo immediately preceding the game as he has every year since taking office. Double standard?
Ever try learning the meaning of the very simple word C-H-O-I-C-E ? What is so difficult about that simple concept?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies