Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 09:01 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times

Advertisements

Where can i get a free fan, heater & free or low cost net service ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 09:02 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,161,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No.

There is one welfare program called TANF which is the cash giveaway that has a 5 year limit but the other welfare programs have no time limits. You can receive food stamps, Section 8, Medicaid, utility payments, SSI your entire life.
You really have no shame, do you?

Of course you must have researched the matter thoroughly, you wouldn't simply come on here blabbing about how terrible it is that disabled people get just enough to live on. Of course you have never had terminal cancer, you've never had muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, schizophrenia, severe brain damage from an accident, blindness, Alzheimers, leukemia, Hodgkins ...... so anyone who says they have such illnesses must be lying and a lazy slacker, hmmmm?

Or else you DO know that there are true disabilities for which SSI provides a meager existence, only after at least 2 physicians certify 100% disability. You know, but you don't care if those people were to be denied Medicaid or housing, and simply left to die out on the streets ....... maybe it would even make you rub your hands with glee. Here's a little quiz for you: what is the psychological term for people who have no conscience or shame, no matter how evil what they do or think?

I wouldn't be surprised if you claim to be a Christian too, like most rightwingers in the US. Go to church on Sunday and tell the pastor what a great follower of Jesus you are, while systematically ignoring everything he commanded in the Sermon on the Mount.

Quote:
You can receive food stamps, Section 8, Medicaid, utility payments, SSI your entire life.
Not unless you periodically re-certify for SSI to make sure you are still 100% disabled. But yeah, about $50 worth of food per month (not for SSI, for welfare - SSI recipients get little or no food stamps, at least in California), shelter and heat in the winter ...... why can't we just let 'em all die in the streets like they do in Calcutta, to be disposed of by the street sweepers in the morning? After all if they're no longer good for factory fodder, why waste any time sympathizing or helping them? The money that is spent on them could be used to help GE maintain de facto tax exempt status, or could be used to beef up the military for yet another invasion of thirdworld countries.

You and your evil rightwing ilk disgust me.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:24 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times
What free benefits do the illegals or their anchor babies get ?

Old 03-07-2012, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 304 times
All of these posts I've read must have been typed by well-off idiots who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

You think America's poor are living it up, don't you? That all of the underclasses are just lazy, ignorant, worthless human beings who are only in that situation due to their own will? You are all morons. Every. Single. One. Of. You.

I've been impoverished my entire life. It's not a choice I made, and it damn sure isn't my lack of will to work. I will gladly do any job made available to me, but what all you *******s don't seem to understand is that the only jobs available to the lower classes are sales and services. You think any of us excel to be grocery baggers, cashiers, and burger flippers? Those are the only jobs available to us.

Instead of being able to set aside a trust fund or college fund, my parents were too busy working full time jobs just to make ends meet. There was no excess to save up for a better future, we were more worried about keeping a roof over our heads and eating. We didn't have enough cash flow to worry about 20 years down the line, because we had to live day by day, week by week. But let me guess, someone around here will call me a liberal and claim that this was a choice that we made.

It's no wonder this country has turned to ****. The people who have it good grew a self-interest.

"Oh, well, I've got money, **** everyone else. That's their problem."

Good mentality there, chief. Screw caring about your fellow man, as long as you have it good, what the hell's wrong with everyone around you?

I don't care what you call yourselves: Liberals, conservatives, republican, democrat. As far as I'm concerned, you're all greedy, ignorant, presumptuous, pompous jackoffs with no understanding of how poverty works.

Yes, America's poor has it better than the other nations listed. But what you morons can't seem to comprehend is that in this 'nation of plenty', this 'best nation in the world', we still have people starving, we still have people living in cars and under bridges. But you pretty people with money seem to think they did that to themselves, that they are the ones responsible. Poverty is NOT a choice. I don't care how any of you try to justify that, no one makes it a goal to become poor. Furthermore, it is NOT self-induced. Society is a key factor in keeping the rich richer, and the poor poorer.

I usually wouldn't waste my time speaking blindly on the internet, but this forum seems to be full of nothing but ignorant, pompous *******s who don't know ****, talking about poverty like they're some kind of expert.

Go ahead and rip apart everything I've said, re-justify it so it sounds like I'm the prick and not you. You can convince yourselves all day that I'm the one in the wrong, but you won't change my mind.

You types of people are the reason this country constantly fails. Your little bi-partisan argument of 'liberals vs. conservatives' stifles any kind of positive growth.

To sum up my useless rant (like my words are going to wake any of you up to the idiots you are, that would conflict with your image of perfection), I would like to offer a challenge: I dare any one of you to say something like this to someone who's impoverished. Not over a message board, but in real life. Go up to someone who is noticeably poor, and tell them how they did it to themselves, how it's all their fault, and how good they have it. I dare you. You'll be lucky to walk away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies