Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 06:29 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
One of the most pitiful things I've ever witnesses were a lesbian couple with two sons (about 12 and 14) walking through the tailgating parking lots at a Phillies game.

The boys were made to carry the rainbow colored, lesbian symboled backpacks through the crowd.

I felt their embarrassment.
What do you think about the parents who send their kids to my door to talk to me about Jesus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 06:47 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What do you think about the parents who send their kids to my door to talk to me about Jesus?
It's okay as long as they were not carrying their bibles in them rainbow backpacks. Then we have to stone them to death.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:23 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,603,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Rudy good enough for you?

Funny how the wingnuts would blindly support him and rush to defend his gender bending if he was their nominee.

J. Edgar?
Oh yea, forgot about old Rudy! lol Yes, that will do.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:14 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Maybe schools everywhere need to put a clause in their student handbooks stating (after the section describing what is acceptable attire for boys/girls): And if you feel like you are a girl trapped in a male body you need to dress appropriately for the body you are walking around in during the hours you are on school premises.

School is a place to learn, not find ones sexuality. Just b/c one might still be in school while finding/figuring out ones sexuality doesn't mean the school is a venue in which to lay it all out there.

And by the way, on the high and tight East Coast, five children (boys) were being harassed by a peer of theirs who was "figuring out" his sexuality. Through cyber-sexual harassment/bullying. Once the parents found out...one by one and over a period of a few months, the school brought the issue to the prosecutor's office. Found out who the kid was. The school and the prosecutor's office is choosing to protect the offender. Due to his "issues". The parents of the victims of the harassment have NO idea who this kid is, just grateful it wasn't an adult. The parents are also pretty damn pissed that the authority figures/entities involved are choosing to protect the gay kid - giving him "counseling" when he left 5 victims in his wake. Those kids don't know who they can trust - other than the 5 who were harassed. The parents don't know who they can trust their kids with - other than the 5 boys who were being harassed.

Yep, my son was one of the 5. We don't know if this little miscreant is a friend of his, if he's going to take any "revenge", if I could be inviting him to my son's birthday shin-dig next weekend. And in the future? What if this unstable kid grows up to be an unstable kid with a driver's license and one of the 5 boys he obviously has a crush on now, but turned him in, gets in a car with him and the little crap-head is having a bad day and decides to take a fast drive in to a tree?

The leeway given to kids today who are trying to figure out their sexuality, ESPECIALLY when it includes disrupting OTHER children's lives - whether it be a boy dressing like a girl in school or anonymously contacting them to sexually harass them, is RIDICULOUS.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:28 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Maybe schools everywhere need to put a clause in their student handbooks stating (after the section describing what is acceptable attire for boys/girls): And if you feel like you are a girl trapped in a male body you need to dress appropriately for the body you are walking around in during the hours you are on school premises.

School is a place to learn, not find ones sexuality. Just b/c one might still be in school while finding/figuring out ones sexuality doesn't mean the school is a venue in which to lay it all out there.

And by the way, on the high and tight East Coast, five children (boys) were being harassed by a peer of theirs who was "figuring out" his sexuality. Through cyber-sexual harassment/bullying. Once the parents found out...one by one and over a period of a few months, the school brought the issue to the prosecutor's office. Found out who the kid was. The school and the prosecutor's office is choosing to protect the offender. Due to his "issues". The parents of the victims of the harassment have NO idea who this kid is, just grateful it wasn't an adult. The parents are also pretty damn pissed that the authority figures/entities involved are choosing to protect the gay kid - giving him "counseling" when he left 5 victims in his wake. Those kids don't know who they can trust - other than the 5 who were harassed. The parents don't know who they can trust their kids with - other than the 5 boys who were being harassed.

Yep, my son was one of the 5. We don't know if this little miscreant is a friend of his, if he's going to take any "revenge", if I could be inviting him to my son's birthday shin-dig next weekend. And in the future? What if this unstable kid grows up to be an unstable kid with a driver's license and one of the 5 boys he obviously has a crush on now, but turned him in, gets in a car with him and the little crap-head is having a bad day and decides to take a fast drive in to a tree?

The leeway given to kids today who are trying to figure out their sexuality, ESPECIALLY when it includes disrupting OTHER children's lives - whether it be a boy dressing like a girl in school or anonymously contacting them to sexually harass them, is RIDICULOUS.
A summary for the tl;dr crowd:
If boys don't dress as I feel appropriate, my son will die in a car wreck.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:09 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Oh, you noticed the twisted logic, too? I thought I was reading a transcript from a rush broadcast. It was a long journey, but I followed it to the end. Of course, those 5 "innocent" boys had nothing to do with picking on some poor confused gay boy. It had to be one poor confused boy taking on 5 completely innocent adolescent boys just having fun.

Parents that blindly believe anything their kids feed them are destined for a rude awaking someday.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:21 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Now the transgender disciples have been made out to be the fools they are and resort to the only recourse they can............do they very thing they say is so wrong and offensive and bigoted etc. etc. etc. by trying to call me out somehow. LOL. Now I can add hypocrites to how absolutely ridiculous you folks are.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:23 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Oh, you noticed the twisted logic, too? I thought I was reading a transcript from a rush broadcast. It was a long journey, but I followed it to the end. Of course, those 5 "innocent" boys had nothing to do with picking on some poor confused gay boy. It had to be one poor confused boy taking on 5 completely innocent adolescent boys just having fun.

Parents that blindly believe anything their kids feed them are destined for a rude awaking someday.
More hypocrisy. Hey its ok for a transgender boy/girl to harass folks. You loons really are diggin your hole deeper every time you post.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-15-2012 at 05:37 AM..

Old 01-14-2012, 09:24 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

Really?

Oh boy.

Why don't you confuse issues a little more than you already did.

How about this: if your son feels the need to dress like a girl, because he truly believes he was born a woman in a man's body: have him do it at home. Buy him all the high heels and bras and frilly panties he wants.

School is not a place for the those struggling with their sexuality to make huge statements to the student body. Let alone distract and drag everyone else in to their quagmire of "working" it out.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:38 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
How about this: if your son feels the need to dress like a girl, because he truly believes he was born a woman in a man's body: have him do it at home. Buy him all the high heels and bras and frilly panties he wants.

School is not a place for the those struggling with their sexuality to make huge statements to the student body. Let alone distract and drag everyone else in to their quagmire of "working" it out.
how about this:
That my hypothetical son's choice of underwear is so distracting to you and/or your son suggests to me that you are the real danger.

Last edited by filihok; 01-14-2012 at 09:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies