Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 07:47 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times

Advertisements

Dog killed by wolf in north Idaho, could be growing trend - News Story - KXLY Spokane
Hunter Becomes The Hunted In Idaho Wolf Attack - News Story - KXLY Spokane
Sandpoint man won't be charged for shooting wolf - News Story - KXLY Spokane
E. Idaho Man Saves Pet Dog From Wolf Pack - News Story - KXLY Spokane
Wolves Kill Montana Guard Dog - News Story - KXLY Spokane
North Idaho Man Kills Wolf Attacking His Dogs - News Story - KXLY Spokane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 07:48 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
http://saveelk.com/images/wolf020005.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-17-2012 at 06:54 AM..

Old 01-16-2012, 07:51 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Hah that hick they are quoting seems to have a serious case of manufacturing facts on the fly.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:29 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
It is surprising what effect animals have on the environment.

I am having difficulty finding a working page where Grey Wolves were originally reintroduced. Do you know of one?
http://www.nezperce.org/Wolf/Wolf%20...ort%202002.pdf

This is not updated. I can't speak for all wolves in Idaho. I live more in the central part and Fish & Game have lost track of some of these. They get killed or wander to other places.

When they were introducing them, I never heard that the elk were eating the forest, this is an environmentalist lie. They were brought back, because the Nez Perce feel a connection with the animal.

http://timberwolfinformation.org/inf...ws.cfm?ID=3532

Wolf Education Research Center - Visit the Wolf Center - Hours & Directions

Old 01-17-2012, 01:00 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
http://www.nezperce.org/Wolf/Wolf%20...ort%202002.pdf

This is not updated. I can't speak for all wolves in Idaho. I live more in the central part and Fish & Game have lost track of some of these. They get killed or wander to other places.

When they were introducing them, I never heard that the elk were eating the forest, this is an environmentalist lie. They were brought back, because the Nez Perce feel a connection with the animal.

http://timberwolfinformation.org/inf...ws.cfm?ID=3532

Wolf Education Research Center - Visit the Wolf Center - Hours & Directions
Thanks.

I never said that is why they were brought back, just that new trees is a result. It is not a lie.

They released them on Federal lands, there is not much more of a remote location possible. Wolves just travel a lot.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:35 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,334 times
you can legally shoot them, right? what's the problem?

Old 01-17-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Thanks.

I never said that is why they were brought back, just that new trees is a result. It is not a lie.

They released them on Federal lands, there is not much more of a remote location possible. Wolves just travel a lot.
In Idaho most of our land is Federal land. There are towns literally on the edge of Federal land. I live less than 1/8 of a mile from Federal land, in a sub-division that has been here, since the town was developed. They released them, less than a mile from my house. 4 wolves wasn't the problem, the last I checked we had 8 packs consisting of 8-12 per wolves pack.

Just not sure there reasoning in this. Like I said, if you go to F&G and ask questions they don't want to give you any intelligent responses to why the wolves are so close to towns.

If a bear is a nuisance, their answer is to kill it rather than relocate. Now, that wolves have over populated, they're hunting them, doesn't really make sense to me. If they're tracking them, then why not neuter the males. It's the government that have put them in danger, not the people.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
you can legally shoot them, right? what's the problem?
Only if you draw a tag, or a rancher that feels threatened. No, we can't shoot them legally.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:59 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,334 times
Quote:
Only if you draw a tag, or a rancher that feels threatened. No, we can't shoot them legally.
ah. I can see where that puts people in a bind.

For me, if someone can't coexist somewhat reasonably with the local fauna, then they should move to a city. I don't have all that much sympathy for people who live in rural areas, but demand the perks of city living. Rural areas often have dangerous wildlife.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:29 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,633,045 times
Quote:

In Montana, we can buy a tag over the counter. There are quotas for each hunting area/district and when that quota has been met you can't hunt anymore for the season. LOL, FWP keeps extending the season in certain areas were wolf numbers are high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies