Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 02:47 AM

1,348 posts, read 2,858,110 times

Advertisements

I cannot believe that this topic has not been covered on this forum.

So another Iranian scientist was recently assassinated. This is obviously a Mossad operation, possibly with the aid of the CIA. A major escalation against Iran.

How does everyone feel about this?

As a concerned American citizen, I am furious that again, our government is involving us in foreign wars to do Israel's bidding, without the acknowledgement and agreement of our citizens. If we escalate hostilities with Iran and provoke a war with them, it will be disastrous for the financial health of our country, and will only prolong and deepen our recession. Not to mention that we will be killing thousands of innocent people, creating an unneccessary war and sending troops to die like pawns in a chess game.

Does no one care about this? This is getting very serious. Daily on the news, I hear the mass media parroting the propaganda louder and louder. Iran is being demonized as a threat to us, yet, it is we who has occupied the two nations that border it on both sides, and it is we who is aiding in assassinating its scientists with acts of terror in the middle of their busy cities, and it is we and Israel who is threatening military action against them on a daily basis.

I just feel so frustrated because Americans are so brainwashed by our government's propaganda that they cannot recognize what is happening, and will not think twice before becoming cheerleaders for our country's next disaster.

REMEMBER IRAQ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 04:32 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacramento916 View Post

So another Iranian scientist was recently assassinated. This is obviously a Mossad operation, possibly with the aid of the CIA. A major escalation against Iran.

As a concerned American citizen, I am furious that again, our government is involving us in foreign wars to do Israel's bidding, without the acknowledgement and agreement of our citizens. If we escalate hostilities with Iran and provoke a war with them, it will be disastrous for the financial health of our country, and will only prolong and deepen our recession. Not to mention that we will be killing thousands of innocent people, creating an unneccessary war and sending troops to die like pawns in a chess game.

Does no one care about this? This is getting very serious. Daily on the news, I hear the mass media parroting the propaganda louder and louder. Iran is being demonized as a threat to us, yet, it is we who has occupied the two nations that border it on both sides, and it is we who is aiding in assassinating its scientists with acts of terror in the middle of their busy cities, and it is we and Israel who is threatening military action against them on a daily basis.

I just feel so frustrated because Americans are so brainwashed by our government's propaganda that they cannot recognize what is happening, and will not think twice before becoming cheerleaders for our country's next disaster.

REMEMBER IRAQ???
The last I knew about this, the US claimed not to be involved in the killing. Then, Iran said they have proof that the US was involved. I have not seen or heard just what that evidence is. It may be that bomb components or the explosive may have been made in the US. If so, that does not mean that the US was involved in placing the bomb or choosing the target.

If someone has more evidence (not innuendo), I would be interested.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:13 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
The last I knew about this, the US claimed not to be involved in the killing. Then, Iran said they have proof that the US was involved. I have not seen or heard just what that evidence is. It may be that bomb components or the explosive may have been made in the US. If so, that does not mean that the US was involved in placing the bomb or choosing the target.

If someone has more evidence (not innuendo), I would be interested.
US is either involved or being framed. In both cases the US is at fault since it is so adamant on Iran not getting the bomb.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:39 AM

674 posts, read 698,516 times
Quote:

REMEMBER IRAQ???
Yes I do and one of the best ways to voice your concern is to vote for someone who is actually against continued nonsensical foreign interventions. Otherwise there will always be another Iraq (Vietnam, Korea, Cuba, etc.).

Ron Paul 2012

Old 01-15-2012, 07:45 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
Yes I do and one of the best ways to voice your concern is to vote for someone who is actually against continued nonsensical foreign interventions. Otherwise there will always be another Iraq (Vietnam, Korea, Cuba, etc.).

Ron Paul 2012
I think this conflict will continue behind the scenes, cold war style. At least for a while.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:34 AM

126 posts, read 78,078 times
Quote:

REMEMBER IRAQ???
REMEMBER KHOBAR TOWERS?

REMEMBER BEIRUT 1983?

REMEMBER 1980 HOSTAGE CRISIS?

REMEMBER THE THOUSANDS OF US SOLDIERS KILLED/INJURED IN IRAQ DUE TO WEAPONS FROM IRAN?

Remember the illegal nuclear weapons program in violation of FOUR UNSC resolutions? Do you have any interest in the UN and IAEA retaining any credibility whatsoever? How do you do so when you have a rogue regime continuing to develop nuclear weapons and telling both to screw off?

Understand there will NEVER be peace in the middle east as long as the iranian regime exists.

Turn off the liberal/ron paul blinders and change the channel from rachel maddow. There is a whole world out there.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:36 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiellgood View Post
REMEMBER KHOBAR TOWERS?

REMEMBER BEIRUT 1983?

REMEMBER 1980 HOSTAGE CRISIS?

REMEMBER THE THOUSANDS OF US SOLDIERS KILLED/INJURED IN IRAQ DUE TO WEAPONS FROM IRAN?

Remember the illegal nuclear weapons program in violation of FOUR UNSC resolutions? Do you have any interest in the UN and IAEA retaining any credibility whatsoever? How do you do so when you have a rogue regime continuing to develop nuclear weapons and telling both to screw off?

Understand there will NEVER be peace in the middle east as long as the iranian regime exists.

Turn off the liberal/ron paul blinders and change the channel from rachel maddow. There is a whole world out there.
Yeah, yeah...same thing they told us "as long as Saddam is in power in Iraq". When will it end for you?

Old 01-15-2012, 08:37 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
America is the terrorist now, stop the meddling.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:39 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Iran?? Pfffft.

American Idol starts this Wednesday.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:43 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
It was only a few weeks ago that in a nationally televised debate that Newt Gingrich suggested we should assassinate their scientists with covert operations and simply make sure it can't be proved and then deny it.
Wonder why Iran would think we were responsible? Couldn't have anything to do with one of our presidential candidates openly calling for the US to engage in state sponsored terrorism with no reaction of concern by the moderators or other candidates. Its just those crazy paranoid Iranians making things up out of the blue with zero reason....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies