Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 11:40 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
You are seriously ignorant on the topic that you so profess to understand. Race is real. There are physical differences between people that have had tens of thousands of years of divergent development in different parts of the world. Genetic discoveries have also proven that people from separate parts of the world have mixed with archaic species.

Above are two skulls. One is a European and one is an Australian Aborigine. You don't have to be trained in forensic anthropology to see the obvious physical differences. These differences are inherited. That is why we have races.
Race is not real. This is my last post to you. There is a human genome project going on RIGHT now. I read the articles where they wrote that based on our DNA all human beings share 99.999999% of the same genes. I read where scientists have written that there is no way to have genetically distinctive races.

Either give something substantial or ****.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 11:41 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Goodluck.
I mentioned more later on.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
You are seriously ignorant on the topic that you so profess to understand. Race is real. There are physical differences between people that have had tens of thousands of years of divergent development in different parts of the world. Genetic discoveries have also proven that people from separate parts of the world have mixed with archaic species.

Above are two skulls. One is a European and one is an Australian Aborigine. You don't have to be trained in forensic anthropology to see the obvious physical differences. These differences are inherited. That is why we have races.
What's your point? How does this help individuals? Are you trying to justify the case of "inferiority"?

Old 08-04-2012, 11:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Where is your proof? You make an assertion without supplying any proof then ask me for proof.
I did NOT make any assertion. Texas property taxes use Robin Hood for distribution.
That is well known since the rich districts make such a stink about how their money goes to the poorer districts. Texas has been doing that since 1993.

Here's my proof..now where is yours ?

Robin Hood plan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Robin Hood plan was a media nickname given to legislation enacted by the U.S. state of Texas in 1993 to provide court-mandated equitable school financing for all school districts in the state. Similar to the legend of Robin Hood, who "robbed from the rich and gave to the poor", the law "recaptured" property tax revenue from property-wealthy school districts and distributed those in property-poor districts, in an effort to equalize the financing of all districts throughout Texas.

In all your posts I see nothing but your opinion. Best start backing your "FACTS" up when you post them.
Now, let's see your proof that Texas gives more money to White students.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:45 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Something you have to understand. Black people have been told for generations that they were inferior. I'm very cynical of IQ scores myself. However, whether or not IQ scores are true, this is the reason many Black people would get defensive about it. If you are told your whole life that you are inferior, you aren't going to feel good about yourself. However, if you decide to tell those who curse you where to stuff it(and this happened in the 1960s), then your mentality will be different. People get sick and tired of hearing stuff like "you're inferior" or "Blacks are mentally inferior". Black people have been told that for so long and have been made to feel that way for so long. This is why there is a touch of defensiveness among many African-Americans. People became sick and tired of being denigrated and being made to feel inferior.
Actually, I do understand. I will never claim to know, but I can try to understand. My reference point is from the 60s forward. I am not looking at it from a white/black perspective per se, but a condition. There are more underlying factors than being told that blacks are inferior. This is where responsiblity has to be taken. The breakdown of family played a very important role. Who would you hold accountable for that breakdown? I'm currently reading "BOOM" which talks about the impact of the 60s on today. It is done through interviews of people who went through the 60s, and the civil rights movement is discussed by both black and white people interviewed. One thing that stood out is the black people who were interviewed came from solid families. Family structure is a very big factor. They also discuss where blacks failed themselves. One of the people interviewed was Shelby Steele and because of what he had to say made me want to know more. On my reading list is his book: White Guilt: How Blacks and Whites Destroyed the Promise of the Civil Rights Era.

Quote:
Hundreds of billions of dollars have been spent trying to close the achievement gap. Contrary to popular claims that Black students are given poor educations, more money is spent per capita on Black students than on White or Asian students. Plus if you include the billions spent on programs like Head Start, it is even higher.

The idea that Blacks are kept down is not based on reality. Even in majority Black cities with majority Black school administrations and teachers, Black students perform poorly. That is not one man's opinion. That is a fact.
You should take the time to read and understand the realities.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:47 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,370 times
Quote:
Race is not real. This is my last post to you. There is a human genome project going on RIGHT now. I read the articles where they wrote that based on our DNA all human beings share 99.999999% of the same genes. I read where scientists have written that there is no way to have genetically distinctive races.

Either give something substantial or ****.
You read wrong. You don't know what you are talking about. It's clearly not a subject that you are well versed in. Human beings are not clones of one another. You don't seem to even grasp basic biological concepts.

Humans cluster based on generally understood racial identifications with close to 100 percent accuracy:

Genetic Structure, Self-Identified Race/Ethnicity, and Confounding in Case-Control Association Studies

Old 08-04-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I did NOT make any assertion. Texas property taxes use Robin Hood for distribution.
That is well known since the rich districts make such a stink about how their money goes to the poorer districts. Texas has been doing that since 1993.

Here's my proof..now where is yours ?

Robin Hood plan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Robin Hood plan was a media nickname given to legislation enacted by the U.S. state of Texas in 1993 to provide court-mandated equitable school financing for all school districts in the state. Similar to the legend of Robin Hood, who "robbed from the rich and gave to the poor", the law "recaptured" property tax revenue from property-wealthy school districts and distributed those in property-poor districts, in an effort to equalize the financing of all districts throughout Texas.

In all your posts I see nothing but your opinion. Best start backing your "FACTS" up when you post them.
Now, let's see your proof that Texas gives more money to White students.
You didn't back up anything with facts. I didn't dispute that Texas had a Robin hood plan. Where does it say that spending will be exactly the same? It says in an effort to equalize the financing of all districts throughout Texas. Well, they are closing the funding gap but one still exists.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
You read wrong. You don't know what you are talking about. It's clearly not a subject that you are well versed in. Human beings are not clones of one another. You don't seem to even grasp basic biological concepts.

Humans cluster based on generally understood racial identifications with close to 100 percent accuracy:

Genetic Structure, Self-Identified Race/Ethnicity, and Confounding in Case-Control Association Studies
Answer this then. What is the point of knowing all of this "racial classification"? How is it helpful for a person to go after the goals he sets out for himself? What is the point? I don't see any point in it.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:51 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What's your point? How does this help individuals? Are you trying to justify the case of "inferiority"?
Nice straw man argument. I was only addressing the false claim that race is not real. You are the one that keeps making statements about inferiority. Stop projecting your own insecurities onto others.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:

This is from 2009 get up to date

According to the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science, Office of Biological and Environmental Research, Human Genome Program,
DNA studies do not indicate that separate classifiable subspecies (races) exist within modern humans. While different genes for physical traits such as skin and hair color can be identified between individuals, no consistent patterns of genes across the human genome exist to distinguish one race from another. There also is no genetic basis for divisions of human ethnicity. People who have lived in the same geographic region for many generations may have some alleles in common, but no allele will be found in all members of one population and in no members of any other.

Continue reading at NowPublic.com: Human Genome Project Announces That "Race" Does Not Exist | NowPublic News Coverage Human Genome Project Announces That "Race" Does Not Exist | NowPublic News Coverage

Now please ****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies