Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2012, 02:51 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2013 View Post
Black women, such as the ones featured in the below videos, don't have problems attracting various races of men for relationships/marriage. Why is that?

Beauty Blurb / Affordable Brushes [Part 2: Sigma Beauty] - YouTube

August Update! - YouTube

LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT! YOUR QUESTIONS FINALLY ANSWERED - YouTube
What are you not getting? Why do you continue to ignore that I've stated time and time again, that this doesn't apply to all?

But you're right, this thread has given me (at most) 30 examples of WM/BW relationships. So if it applies to these 30, then it must apply to all. Gotcha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 02:53 PM

140 posts, read 120,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Location.

Where I live it's very segregated. You don't see any IR dating between black women and non-black men.

Racism. Just from reading these forums there are a lot of racist states in the US. How do you expect a white man to date a black woman if he hates black people?

How many times do we have to go over this or are you going to keep implying that black women who don't attract white men are ugly?
You purport to know so much about the desires of non black men, but by your own admission, you reside in an all black neighborhood and all of your friends are black, as well. The only time that you encounter non black people, again, according to your own statements, is when you go to fast food stores for chinese, or when you get your nails and hair done.

I'm beginning to notice a trend with you. When black men are uninterested, you blame it on colorism, --when non black men express no interest, you blame racism.

Men are visual, and therefore attracted to pretty women. You need to stop hiding behind racism and colorism.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:53 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Secondly, an A.A. degree or B.A. degree doesn't mean you are entitled to Mensa status black men. You are worth a decent guy of course, if you are a decent woman, but as a black woman desiring a black man you are in a special category. Your black male counterpart will not have the same advantages careerwise as yourself. EEO benefits white women first, black women next and black men last, if anything is left after white women and black women are taken care of. A black woman earning ~50K is likely looking for a black man earning ~80K or better. Much better. Good luck! I'm sure you see where I am going with this. I come from a Caribbean family of high achievers. I've got female aunts that are on Boards of Directors, a female cousin that is an investment banker. None of their men are even half as accomplished, but they are great guys. All of them. Security guards, janitors, taxi-drivers but stand up men. Devoted fathers. They own homes, take vacations and have investment portfolio's. A white guy making 50K would think nothing of marrying a woman making next to nothing. The black race alone must play by different rules and turn the usual 'male sole or primary breadwinner/female secondary breadwinner or homemaker' paradigm around. Or die, trying to maintain the myth of a level playing field. Poor black women have already learned this lesson, IMO, the knowledge needs to filter up through the social stratum and displace the inbuilt need on the part of middle class black women (and men) to play the game the way white people (can) play it.

H
Wanted to point out that this is also a generalization. I graduated from an HBCU and most of my friends/classmates were female as more black women go to college than black males. And all of them make decent money and the majority of them will not outright deny to be in a relationship with a man who does not have a degree or who makes less money than they do. I currently make more money than my husband but he is as you describe the husbands of your relatives, he is a hard worker, great ethic, great father.

Historically black women have been used to being in an earning capacity. Even my great grandmother had a job to supplement the income of her husband and to contribute to the household. I don't think that most black women would not want to be with a man just because of his income. Key word here is "most" since I know that some will. I have a cousin who is like that and only wants to date black men but wants the man to make a certain amount of money and have certain types of property/assets (which I think is stupid and I tell her so). My family is predominately female and we all are well educated and make good money as well. My grandmother had a college degree and made more money than all of her husbands. My mother went back to school and got a degree and owns her own business and makes good money, my dad is a high school drop out and her second husband is also a high school drop out but both men made decent money being truck drivers and working in factories. I could go on and on. Out of all of the black females in my family who are well educated and at least middle class income earners, only the one (and she doesn't even qualify IMO as a middle class income earner) says that she has income/property/asset requirements to marriage so that is not true at all across the spectrum of black women in this country especially for those who say they want to only date/marry black men. They are the ones more likely to be with someone who earns less IMO.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
What are you not getting? Why do you continue to ignore that I've stated time and time again, that this doesn't apply to all?

But you're right, this thread has given me (at most) 30 examples of WM/BW relationships. So if it applies to these 30, then it must apply to all. Gotcha.
It applies to all pretty women.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:06 PM

I am trying to explain to choco and nyanna that men are attracted to pretty women, regardless of their race.

As you pointed out below:
Quote:
Most men will come up and talk to a woman who they find attractive. Like I said, I have dated white guys, mixed guys, even a latin guy...He just kept telling me I was beautiful...
----residinghere

Old 01-18-2012, 03:09 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times
Quote:
I am trying to explain to choco and nyanna that men are attracted to pretty women, regardless of their race.

Please quote where anyone has disputed this fact.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:11 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:

Choco has already agreed with you on that. Nyanna stated that she lives in a heavily segregated area so will more than likely not run into many eligible men from outside of her race. I don't understand the need to continue to speak on it when they have addressed your comments. Basically both of them agreed with you.....?

Old 01-18-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
It applies to all pretty women.
Now you're just sounding..............I'll just leave it unsaid.

I'm assuming this is your subtle way of calling me ugly. I won't take offense because it doesn't apply. Good luck to you in eventually finding a mate.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Choco has already agreed with you on that. Nyanna stated that she lives in a heavily segregated area so will more than likely not run into many eligible men from outside of her race. I don't understand the need to continue to speak on it when they have addressed your comments. Basically both of them agreed with you.....?
I am tired of certain black women making blanket statements such as, non black men are not attracted to black women. I have stated this numerous times. It's best for some black women (given their circumstances, i.e. unattractive state, out of wedlock children, weight issues, relegated to all black neighborhoods, nasty attitudes, etc) to simply state, non black men do not approach them, instead of tying their experiences back to the generic 'black women' category.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
I am tired of certain black women making blanket statements such as, non black men are not attracted to black women. I have stated this numerous times. It's best for some black women (given their circumstances, i.e. unattractive state, out of wedlock children, weight issues, relegated to all black neighborhoods, nasty attitudes, etc) to simply state, non black men do not approach them, instead of tying their experiences back to the generic 'black women' category.
All of the attributes you list: "unattractive state, out of wedlock children, weight issues, relegated to all black neighborhoods, nasty attitudes," can be applied across all races.

Are you saying that only pretty people get married? If so (and you've dated white men so you're obviously pretty), why aren't you married?

Your arguments are now becoming quite superficial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies