Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2012, 09:20 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Please join the military when you're done being home schooled.
They'll be very happy to take you.
Of course, you'll have to follow rules and not just the UCMJ but Geneva Conventions, NATO regulations, etc.
You can do it! Yes, you can.

And you know that they were members of the Taliban and not just guys protecting their country from US invaders, how?

You do realize that we're not wanted in Afghanistan, yet we refuse to leave.

Wouldn't you protect the US from enemies foreign?

Actually I'm considering joining the air force, not that it's any of your business.

You do realize that it's a war right?
You do realize that they would love to be able to come over here and chop of all Christians, Jews, and Gay's heads right?
Our soldiers should stay over there because they are preventing them from coming here, and they are, well were, saving your, and everyone else's, ass.
Show a little gratitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 09:43 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Taliban claims it shoots down helicopter in Helmand province - Telegraph

^^^This is the reason why I don't really care that they peed on them, yes they were idiots, but the Taliban deserve much more than that.
Maybe we could stuff their bodies with bacon? No, it'd be a waste of good food.

Oh, and this is just great.
US set to resume peace talks with the Taliban - Telegraph
Thank you President Obama, and his minions for being complete pushovers.
In my opinion it was a waste of good pee. That urine deserved something better to be peed on.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:43 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
So 2 wrongs make a right? Worse behavior excuses bad behavior? What are we, 8?
so you think killing an enemy trying to kill you is a wrong?

Old 01-18-2012, 09:47 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
So, to you, they should sit back and let us invade their country and kill their population at will, but the moment they fight back, that means they're horrible individuals that deserve to have their bodies desecrated?

You ate a lot of paste as a child, didn't you?
Lets see the Al Queda with the backing of the Taliban Invaded your country killed 3000 people .

Old 01-18-2012, 10:11 AM

499 posts, read 580,704 times
Default Marines peeing on the Taliban

How can some of you be so forgiving after the Twin Towers? That was master minded by Al Queda and the Taliban and how many innocent people lost their lives in that? Al Queda brought the war to America. Why shouldn't America fight back? And go to war on their patch to stop it happening again. What the Marines did was a little out of line I will admit but who are we to know what they go through out there. I'm not condoning it but atrocities do happen in wars and always have and will continue to happen, it is unfortunately human nature.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:13 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Actually I'm considering joining the air force, not that it's any of your business.

You do realize that it's a war right?
You do realize that they would love to be able to come over here and chop of all Christians, Jews, and Gay's heads right?
Our soldiers should stay over there because they are preventing them from coming here, and they are, well were, saving your, and everyone else's, ass.
Show a little gratitude.
I am a vet. I was a sniper and I was much more. I served in war and during peace. Although I can understand hate towards the enemy, and I can even understand wanting to urinate on the enemy. What I will never understand is wanting to video doing such a thing.
If a pedophile rapes children and he has children do we then go rape his children and call it fair, call it just?
The difference between The US military and the taliban and scum like them is that we dont lower ourselves to such misdeeds. We hold ourselves to a higher standard.
Show gratitude? You show gratitude. Cheilgirl is a vet. She paid her dues and earned the right to judge those who bring shame to the uniform and our flag.
You have not served and yet you pretend to understand to know what it is to serve. Whose ass are they saving urinating on the dead? What part of ass saving includes urinating on the dead?
I'll educate you.
The Uniform code of military Justice. These men will be charged and judged based on the UCMJ. Their Jury will be officers who also serve. Will you lecture them on ass saving and gratitude?

Old 01-18-2012, 10:14 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Why do we have a problem with Marines peeing on them again?
Because if you are going to object to others hanging U.S. contractor's bodies from bridges you have to take the high road too.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:23 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
How can some of you be so forgiving after the Twin Towers? That was master minded by Al Queda and the Taliban and how many innocent people lost their lives in that? Al Queda brought the war to America. Why shouldn't America fight back? And go to war on their patch to stop it happening again. What the Marines did was a little out of line I will admit but who are we to know what they go through out there. I'm not condoning it but atrocities do happen in wars and always have and will continue to happen, it is unfortunately human nature.
Its not about forgiving. If you want the moral high ground then you must cinduct yourself so that you have the right to to claim the moral high ground.
I know what they went through because I did the job too. They shamed the uniform I wore and the flag I salute. I don't blame them for all of it. I blame their leadership as well. What message did their senior NCO send? The officers in their unit? Obviously they did a pizz poor job.
My men would not have even considered doing such things. They knew that I would drop the hammer on them in a second if they ever did such a thing. There is nothing that justifies them bringing shame on the uniform I wore or the flag I salute.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:25 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I am a vet. I was a sniper and I was much more. I served in war and during peace. Although I can understand hate towards the enemy, and I can even understand wanting to urinate on the enemy. What I will never understand is wanting to video doing such a thing.
If a pedophile rapes children and he has children do we then go rape his children and call it fair, call it just?
The difference between The US military and the taliban and scum like them is that we dont lower ourselves to such misdeeds. We hold ourselves to a higher standard.
Show gratitude? You show gratitude. Cheilgirl is a vet. She paid her dues and earned the right to judge those who bring shame to the uniform and our flag.
You have not served and yet you pretend to understand to know what it is to serve. Whose ass are they saving urinating on the dead? What part of ass saving includes urinating on the dead?
I'll educate you.
The Uniform code of military Justice. These men will be charged and judged based on the UCMJ. Their Jury will be officers who also serve. Will you lecture them on ass saving and gratitude?
+1

Best post on the thread. And thank you (and all of the other vets) for your service.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:26 AM

499 posts, read 580,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Are you seriously suggesting that "it's always been done" is a good excuse? In this case, they have broken their code of conduct, and apparently the Geneva Convention (which, hello, the US signed). They should be punished accordingly.
I am not suggesting for a moment that it is a 'good excuse', just making a statement that it has always gone on though out history. By the way did the Taliban also sign the Geneva Convention? They seem to make quite a habit of beheading prisoners (and frequently civilian ones at that), do you think that is acceptable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies