Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2012, 07:48 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,133,498 times

Advertisements

To the people defending this, why exactly are you defending these Marines? They aren't your family, they aren't your friends, they are just a bunch of strangers who are behaving in a vulgar fashion and who risk hurting America's image even more in that region. I can never understand the attachment people have for the military. Most military guys are just normal guys, they aren't the valiant freedom fighters that you think they are.

Besides what exactly is the point of defending urinating on dead bodies? Most people can't even stand public urination so why are you defending such a immature vulgar activity? This behavior is completely unnecessary and it is quite easy to prevent - all you have to do is zip your pants up and go to a urinal and urinate in a urinal. And yes I understand that they are urinating on the enemy but is that really necessary? I mean the enemy is already dead. There is absolutely no purpose in urinating on the enemies' dead bodies because the enemies are already dead.

Also, this kind of behavior only puts more American soldiers in danger since it is a great propaganda and recruiting tool for the Taliban.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 09:40 PM

123 posts, read 60,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
To the people defending this, why exactly are you defending these Marines? They aren't your family, they aren't your friends, they are just a bunch of strangers who are behaving in a vulgar fashion and who risk hurting America's image even more in that region. I can never understand the attachment people have for the military. Most military guys are just normal guys, they aren't the valiant freedom fighters that you think they are.

Besides what exactly is the point of defending urinating on dead bodies? Most people can't even stand public urination so why are you defending such a immature vulgar activity? This behavior is completely unnecessary and it is quite easy to prevent - all you have to do is zip your pants up and go to a urinal and urinate in a urinal. And yes I understand that they are urinating on the enemy but is that really necessary? I mean the enemy is already dead. There is absolutely no purpose in urinating on the enemies' dead bodies because the enemies are already dead.

Also, this kind of behavior only puts more American soldiers in danger since it is a great propaganda and recruiting tool for the Taliban.
Every Marine is your brother until the day you die. Once a Marine, always a Marine. "If" I was a Marine?

Old 01-18-2012, 09:49 PM

123 posts, read 60,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Anyone can claim anything Tom on a anonymous forum. Take a look in the mirror. Don't think that just because you post a few tidbits of information regarding military law that gives you any more veracity on here than other posters. Also don't assume that just because other posters don't reference their military background that they have none.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny45 View Post
Thanks Bulldogdad! Maybe we all should post a pic of our uniform with last names and branch in clear view. We'll just post a pic of our dogtags while were at it. Anyone with any brains knows...some in this thread know more than they are letting on!
Quote:
No one really supports it. We just forgot to see it. Know what I mean? War is hell!

Old 01-18-2012, 10:00 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Taliban claims it shoots down helicopter in Helmand province - Telegraph

^^^This is the reason why I don't really care that they peed on them, yes they were idiots, but the Taliban deserve much more than that.
Maybe we could stuff their bodies with bacon? No, it'd be a waste of good food.

Oh, and this is just great.
US set to resume peace talks with the Taliban - Telegraph
Thank you President Obama, and his minions for being complete pushovers.

Wow, seriously, you ask that question. Are you that backwards that you really don't understand what's wrong with what they did???

Old 01-19-2012, 03:40 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
You don't kill 'friendly" civilians. You do shoot back at the guy shooting at you though!
If you're part of an occupying force in my country (you know, what the US is currently), I'm going after you.
And for comment that they don't kill "friendly" civilians - I say bull****.
Tell that to the families of 100,000+ innocent Iraqi's.

What do you think collateral damage means?

Old 01-19-2012, 09:28 AM

409 posts, read 318,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
If you're part of an occupying force in my country (you know, what the US is currently), I'm going after you.
And for comment that they don't kill "friendly" civilians - I say bull****.
Tell that to the families of 100,000+ innocent Iraqi's.

What do you think collateral damage means?
You don't think they killed thousands of our people either? Think again, have you forgotten about 911 already? What about all the disrespect in this thread to our own Soldiers? You know, U.S. Soldiers? That makes me want to puke! Honestly! I think if you truely are on the same team as other posters have said, you pull for your OWN team. Just a thought. *Sings Rick Derringer's I Am A real American*

Rick Derringer - I Am a Real American - YouTube

Old 01-19-2012, 09:33 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Over 100,000 Iraqis killed, they had nothing to do with 11 Sept.
The US is the aggressor in this war, not the Afghanis nor the Iraqis.
The taliban was not all middle easterners, still isn't.
But don't you think we create more every time we kill innocent people in the country that we invaded.

Didn't we get bin laden?

Bad behavior is bad behavior, you don't get a break because you're from the US, and certainly not because you joined the military of your own volition.

Nice rant.
I don't put much credence in jingoistic screeds.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:36 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxQ View Post
You don't think they killed thousands of our people either? Think again, have you forgotten about 911 already? What about all the disrespect in this thread to our own Soldiers? You know, U.S. Soldiers? That makes me want to puke! Honestly! I think if you truely are on the same team as other posters have said, you pull for your OWN team. Just a thought. *Sings Rick Derringer's I Am A real American*

Rick Derringer - I Am a Real American - YouTube
Who exactly are they?

Old 01-19-2012, 09:54 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post

Many Americans would never volunteer to go to war, that alone sets them apart. Secondly, those Marines are actually fighting in a war, which to people like you is equivalent to everyday life in the protected streets of your home town.

Let me ask you, do you normally curse violently at other people, or blurt out obscenities, during the humdrum of your normal everyday life? How about when you stub your toe in the dark, bang your head on a sharp object that you did not see, or have someone slam an open door into your face? What about if you witnessed a thief bashing in the window of your car, this last December, and quickly stole the gifts you left in the car?

The point is, when people encounter extremely high levels of stress, discomfort or when they are personally afflicted by the actions of another person, they can act in ways which are out of character for them, under normal circumstances. These men are away from home, fighting a war, being shot at, witnessing death, and all you did was stub your toe getting a glass of water in the middle of the night.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:55 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
Every Marine is your brother until the day you die. Once a Marine, always a Marine. "If" I was a Marine?
And that's exactly why these men should be punished severely for damaging the name of all Marines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies