Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 05:42 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Obama was born subject to a foreign power.
And still a natural born US citizen.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:47 AM

Quote:
No reason for me to lie. There's a plethora of primary sources stating exactly what I said, so why wouldn't I and many others have been taught that?
You were not taught that because it was never taught.

Again... show us a single civics or government textbook ever used in any US school that did so. You cannot because they do not exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
Automatically? No. Italy doesn't. We've been through that.
Yes, and you've proven to be wrong every time. We cam always do it again. Italian citizenship is automatic. The law reads:

Quote:
Article 1

1. The following shall be citizens by birth:

a) any person whose father or mother are citizens;
There are no qualifications. and the assertion "shall" is the very word that you you yourself have insisted proves UK law to bestow jus sanguinis citizenship automatically.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Wow. You seem to be really confused. My posting of the citizenship application forms on the Italian Consulate's website is an evisceration of you, not me.
Post it again and prove again that you are lying. It is not an application for citizenship. It is an application for recognition of citizenship. It says so right on the form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
Again, Italian citizenship is only automatic for a child born to Italian citizen parents, or a child born in Italy, adopted in Italy, or found abandoned in Italy.
Here... you admit that you are wrong, because that first category (born to Italian citizen parents) includes people who are also US citizens. Both of my parents were US citizens because they were born on US soil. They were also Italian citizens because they were born to Italian citizens. Therfore, I was born on US soil to two US citizens, but also was granted Italian citizenship at birth because I was (as the law states) born to at least one Italian parent.

QED: You were wrong to assert that birth to two American citizens automatically eliminates the possibility of dual citizenship at birth.

Last edited by HistorianDude; 01-23-2012 at 06:11 AM..

Old 01-23-2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The only question really is: was Obama born in Hawaii, or was he born in Kenya. All the rest is a bunch of nebulous obfuscation.
The only one authority on the planet tasked with or qualified to answer that question is the State of Hawaii. And they have declared him Hawaiian born.

So there is no question here either.

Last edited by HistorianDude; 01-23-2012 at 06:12 AM..

Old 01-23-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
And, I just read that his certificate of live birth has been proven fraudulent.
Then you have been misled. If there were any evidence that it was fake, then a criminal complaint would have been filed.

Instead, 96 civil complaints have been filed.

This alone is proof that no evidence of fakery exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker
The one from Kenya is the genuine one.
No, they are not. There are at least three, you know. Or didn't you know? Two were admitted hoaxes, and the other is from a convicted forger who tried to sell it on eBay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker
They've traced several Social Security numbers that he's been using that were never assigned to him, and he also applied for college aid as a "foreign student".
These are both Birther lies than never die. He has never been shown to use any SSN but a single one, and the claim of college aide as a foreign student was an April Fool's Joke.

Birthers are incapable of realizing when they are being mocked.

Last edited by HistorianDude; 01-23-2012 at 06:12 AM..

Old 01-23-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I don't think the COLB has been proven real or fake.
That's because you've not been paying very close attention.

The State of Hawaii has declared it authentic. Under US law, State Department Regulations and the US Constitution, that proves it real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi
It will require real testing by an unbiased independent entity.
Wrong again. Under US law such additional authentication could only be required if there existed rebutting evidence. No such evidence exists, even after more than three years of Birther searching.

Quote:
It is "suspected" bogus due to telltale induications of Photoshop layering and odd anachronisms.
How can a paper document have photoshop layering? You appear to have been misled by incompetent and amateur Birther analysis of, not the birth certificate, but an Internet image. This is like claiming George Washington never existed because the images of him in the national gallery are all paintings.

And there is no "odd anachronism." There is only wild Birther handwaving about ordinary and normal details.

Quote:
It will have to undergo rigorous testing to determine that for sure, and that probably won't happen as long as Obama can prevent it.
The reason we invented birth certificates in the first place is so there would be no need for any additional authentication. Deal with it.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Now, I know the difference between being an American, and being a "natural-born" American. The key words, "only one claim of allegiance" means no dual citizenship. Both parents MUST be Americans.
And where do you find these magic words "only one claim of allegiance?"

Hint: Not in the US Constitution.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:48 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And where do you find these magic words "only one claim of allegiance?"

Hint: Not in the US Constitution.
Hint: 14th Amendment, 1873.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Hint: 14th Amendment, 1873.
Hint: Those words exist nowhere in the 14th amendment.

Perhaps you'd like to try again?

Old 01-23-2012, 07:17 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
And, I just read that his certificate of live birth has been proven fraudulent. It's a FAKE!
not from any credible source.
there was actually a debate this weekend about any evidence of fraud. i've yet to listen to it but if you have the time.......

Audio Available of Today’s Debate | Investigating the Obama Birth Certificate Mystery

Quote:
The one from Kenya is the genuine one.
nope. do you mean the "bomford" birth certificate that was an admitted prank or the one that lucas smith, convicted forger, was promoting?

Quote:
They've traced several Social Security numbers that he's been using that were never assigned to him,.....
this is orly taitz's claim and there is no reliable evidence to back it up

Quote:
...... and he also applied for college aid as a "foreign student".
this is the "fulbright scholorship" myth. it started as a 2009 april fool's day joke that was taken seriously.

FactCheck.org : Was Obama Born in the USA?

Quote:
It's looking like he's pulled THE WORLD'S GREATEST CON JOB.
nope, just another garden variety conspiracy theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies