Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2012, 10:59 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times

Advertisements

What happens if Obama is kept off the ballot?
Don't people stop to think that this will cause riots,esp in Atlanta?
To many people it would seem like racism.

Pure chaos could result.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:20 AM

802 posts, read 563,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

Pure chaos could result.
That might have to happen in order to correct Article 2 Section 1 which has been violated by Obama.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:27 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:

Pure chaos could result.
we're jumping a little ahead of ourselves here.

for obama to be kept off the ballot requires that he be deemed ineligible. there is actually precedent for this. eldridge cleaver was kept off the ballot in several states in '68 ( he wasn't 35 ). there are two theories that the birthers are promoting that obama is ineligible:

a): that he hasn't proven he was born in the US.
this would be resolved by submitting a state certified COLB ( full faith and credit clause of the US constitution ).

b): that minor v happersett exclusively defines "natural born citizen" as someone born to 2 US citizen parents. outside of a handful of birther attorneys this view of the SCOTUS case is not shared by the rest of the legal/historical communities. i don't see this direction ending well for the birthers ( and i wish vegas accepted bets ).

Old 01-21-2012, 11:35 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
That might have to happen in order to correct Article 2 Section 1 which has been violated by Obama.
the birthers rarely get more than a dozen people to show up for a rally on a pleasant sunny day. i think they'd have difficulty pulling in the numbers needed for a decent riot ( especially if it was rainy ).

Old 01-21-2012, 11:54 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
the birthers rarely get more than a dozen people to show up for a rally on a pleasant sunny day. i think they'd have difficulty pulling in the numbers needed for a decent riot ( especially if it was rainy ).
Just wanted to thank you and others like you, historydude comes to mind, for dealing with these birther stupidity and those few idiots dragging that dead horse. Your sacrifice frees others to rebut and debunk the rest of the wingnut agenda bent on destroying America's middle class.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:04 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
The only heroes around here are Informed Consent, Dragging Canoe and others that withstand the onslought of disinformation with such tenacity, perseverance and patriotism. The truth has no agenda, the Constitution is the rule of law of this land, and will be protected, in spite of the traitors among us.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:05 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Just to answer an interesting academic question, pretty much nothing.

1) This a primary election and as you may have noticed, Obama is essentially unopposed. As such, it is meaningless in terms of what happens in November. Any decision to keep him off this ballot would be revisited (with a far less cavalier attitude by his lawyer) well before the general election.

2) in the general election, GA will not go blue anyway. It's electoral votes are not even in play.

Also remember... what comes out of this administrative hearing is not a "decision" by a court. It is a recommendation to the SoS of Georgia that the SoS can choose to follow or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u
Threats (or even hints) of riots have never come from Obama supporters, and nobody seriously imagines that happening. Fear of civil unrest is just a rationalization Birthers have repeatedly offered in their frustration and inability to comprehend why "nobody has done anything."

Old 01-21-2012, 12:06 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The truth has no agenda.
And the Birther agenda has no truth.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:24 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Just wanted to thank you and others like you, historydude comes to mind, for dealing with these birther stupidity and those few idiots dragging that dead horse. Your sacrifice frees others to rebut and debunk the rest of the wingnut agenda bent on destroying America's middle class.

I agree. I am always amazed at the knowledge that HistorianDude and all the others show here (you know who you are - and I'm not talking about the birther whackadoodles) - as well as their unending patience when dealing with the crazies (and their sock puppets) on these idiotic threads.

Even if I were as smart (which I'm smart enough to know that I'm not) as you all, I would have lost my patience a very long time ago.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:49 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:

Pure chaos could result.

How dare you use logic on this forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies