Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2012, 02:15 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,301,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Oh whaaaaaaaaaa, he was at Disney for all of an hour at the very most.
Watched the whole thing live on WFTV, a local TV station out of Orlando.
The park wasnt closed, just Main Steet.
I just paid $5,000 for a trip there next month. For $5,000 I expect not to be inconvenienced in the least -by any President. Let Obama or anyone else explain to my Granddaughter why even a single months-in-advance-planned event had to be ruined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 02:17 PM

20,948 posts, read 18,990,123 times
He's an arrogant basterd.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:17 PM

27,534 posts, read 15,977,809 times
This was the CHEESIEST thing I have seen a POTUS do.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,167,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Ahhh gawd, is the disaster at all concerned about the thousands of people that had planned a DisneyWorld vacation? Couldn't he have found some stretch of space for his ridiculous speech?

No, the egomaniac MUST inconvenience normal Americans for another of his canned, class warfare speeches.

President Obama To Shut Down ‘Main Street USA’ (In Disney World) For Speech | Mediaite

Of course, Newt is right on top of it;

Gingrich Skewers Obama Disney Visit - YouTube

Newt apologizes for all the families who have planned for months their DisneyWorld vacation and now have to WAIT for obama to clear out.

Mitt too;

Romney dismisses Obama visit as a trip to ‘Fantasyland’ – Central Florida Political Pulse – Orlando Sentinel

Why does obama do stuff like this?

Does he really have NO thought, concern for people that his WHIMS and IMAGERY takes precedence over all?
Our buddies complain about Tea Party people at town halls and here Obama is holding a so-called town hall with nothing but invited guests to question him or cheer him whichever he expects.

Newt saying that he will hold a get together in the parking lot at Disneyworld also pounds Obama and his merry men, Mickey and Goofy, pretty hard, too.

Oh well, we can't hold a meeting like that one with the common people in attendance so it is best to shut the place down to them.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:20 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,460,986 times
You guys would complain if his motorcade drove in DC.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:21 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,870,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
I just paid $5,000 for a trip there next month. For $5,000 I expect not to be inconvenienced in the least -by any President. Let Obama or anyone else explain to my Granddaughter why even a single months-in-advance-planned event had to be ruined.
So you admit you dont care about increasing tourism to help Floridas, not to mention the US economy?
Hey, its ok, its all about you, the tourist, never mind the people that actually live here in FL.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,167,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Maybe he can apply as an assistant to you at the concession stand.
Why is he shutting the place down to the common people who like to go there? It looks like a king or a dictator trying to have a big crowd but inviting the members of the crowd so he can show how popular he is.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:23 PM

27,534 posts, read 15,977,809 times
A staged clown act. Promoting tourism? thats gonna fix the job/economy problem? What an idiot. I'm not one that routinely bashes the guy but this was just plain goofy.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:24 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,870,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Why is he shutting the place down to the common people who like to go there? It looks like a king or a dictator trying to have a big crowd but inviting the members of the crowd so he can show how popular he is.
Try reading something besides the Blaze.
You might actually find out why Obama was there today.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:24 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,525,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Ahhh gawd, is the disaster at all concerned about the thousands of people that had planned a DisneyWorld vacation? Couldn't he have found some stretch of space for his ridiculous speech?

No, the egomaniac MUST inconvenience normal Americans for another of his canned, class warfare speeches.

President Obama To Shut Down ‘Main Street USA’ (In Disney World) For Speech | Mediaite

Of course, Newt is right on top of it;

Gingrich Skewers Obama Disney Visit - YouTube

Newt apologizes for all the families who have planned for months their DisneyWorld vacation and now have to WAIT for obama to clear out.

Mitt too;

Romney dismisses Obama visit as a trip to ‘Fantasyland’ – Central Florida Political Pulse – Orlando Sentinel

Why does obama do stuff like this?

Does he really have NO thought, concern for people that his WHIMS and IMAGERY takes precedence over all?
Really? I found it more inconvenient & wastefull when Dubya commandeered a military jet and landed on a aircraft carrier to declare "mission accomplished" when he couldn't even get Bin Laden.
By the way Disney has Gay Days in June which I am sure many bigoted Americans avoid far more and obviously avoid more than the President speaking for 13 minutes!
"Those Gays are ruining our vacation plans!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies