Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2012, 04:56 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
WHAT??? Then why did he go there? Why not go to Vegas? I hear they are needing the tourists badly.

Oh that's right, Vegas people don't like him much since he told people to stop going there to gamble instead of donating their money to him.
So you think we dont need tourism dollars in Florida?
Have you been paying any attention whatsoever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 04:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Whaaaaat. Didn't take his kids?!

Jerk.
Actually Michelle and the girls went to the Disneyland Resort in 2010. I don't want to disappoint all the haters but it was a quiet visit and nobody's vacation was interrupted or detoured because of them.

Cool huh? I have it on good authority the girls had a great time.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:12 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Wow, you are really freakin' something else.
Back at ya!!
Quote:
I believe you know damn well that President Obama never said that "Americans are lazy," that that quote was snipped from a longer quote where he said that American presidents had been lazy, himself included.

If you quoted that, thinking it was the truth, then your ignorance and inability to believe anything but the sound bites that come from sources such as Fox Boobs has just become embarrassingly (for you) evident (not that it already wasn't).
You assume, I get my info from Fox, I'll assume you are a CNN baby!!
He said this..................
“We’ve been a little bit lazy over the last couple of decades. We’ve kind of taken for granted — ‘Well, people would want to come here’ — and we aren’t out there hungry, selling America and trying to attract new businesses into America.”

Then does this................
1. Obama's Illegal Ban on Offshore Oil Exploration:There are many estimates of the number of jobs lost by Obama's illegal acts, but the 12,000 figure comes from Dr. Joseph Mason of Louisiana State University's report -- The Economic Cost of a Moratorium on Offshore Oil and Gas Exploration to the Gulf Region.
2. Obama's EPA Ban on West Virginia Coal Mining:In January of this year Obama attempted a back-door execution of his failed Global Warming tax scheme known as "Cap and Trade" when he had his Environmental Protection Administration rescind a perfectly valid mining permit for Arch Coal’s Spruce No.1 mine, effectively shutting down this lawful private sector enterprise in the name of fighting the urban myth known as global warming
3. Obama Endorses Offshore Windmill Manufacturer: Although it's hard to point to a specific number of jobs that were lost when Obama chose a Spanish "green company" to visit and endorse over it's American competitors, but as a former employee of a multinational corporation, I can tell you that all of this company's engineering, marketing, finance, accounting, and management were not US jobs
4. Obama Begs Brazil to Take Oil Industry Jobs Away From America: The president, on the first leg of his trip to Latin America, said in Brazil that his administration wants to assist the Brazilian government "with technology and support" in developing its oil reserves -- a black gold mine he said could hold twice as much oil as U.S. deposits. And then Obama said - "And when you're ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers"
5. Obama's Falsifies Charges in Attack on the Chamber of Commerce: During the 2010 congressional elections, Obama began attacking the greatest private sector employer association in America -- The US Chamber of Commerce.
From the Washington Post:"The White House intensified its attacks Sunday on the powerful U.S. Chamber of Commerce for its alleged ties to foreign donors, part of an escalating Democratic effort to link Republican allies with corporate and overseas interests."
6. Obama Sues Boeing: A few years ago, the workers at the Boeing plant in South Carolina voted to decertify their union in an effort to entice Boeing to send work their way. A few week's ago, in an obvious payback to big labor, Obama sued Boeing to block their decision to move some 787 manufacturing to SC (see Obama Sues Boeing).
7. Obama Pulls Shell's Oil Exploration Permits: In the midst of skyrocketing gasoline prices, Obama poked energy giant Shell in the eye by revoking their drilling permits in Alaska:
"Shell Oil Company has announced it must scrap efforts to drill for oil this summer in the Arctic Ocean off the northern coast of Alaska. The decision comes following a ruling by the EPA’s Environmental Appeals Board to withhold critical air permits. The move has angered some in Congress and triggered a flurry of legislation aimed at stripping the EPA of its oil drilling oversight."

Never mind the fact that this administration has openly warred on business. Never mind we have the highest corporate taxes in the world. Never mind that government intrusion and regulation have only gotten worse. Never mind that government has actively sought to block businesses which could make a world of difference in both jobs and competitiveness.
Never mind that our children are sent to "WAR" to supply us with "OIL."

Old 01-19-2012, 05:14 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
So you think we dont need tourism dollars in Florida?
Have you been paying any attention whatsoever?
Yes I have-----

Theme Parks | Disney Sees Record Profit Amid Gains At Theme Parks, TV Channels : Walt Disney World Florida (http://waltdisneyworldflorida.net/walt-disney-news/theme-parks-disney-sees-record-profit-amid-gains-at-theme-parks-tv-channels/ - broken link)

Disney profit leaps 54 percent - Orlando Sentinel

Old 01-19-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
How many vacations has he taken?
Weekends don't count! Neither do evenings or doing government business.
I know you like to count them.
You don't think he's entitled to time off?
Is he now your slave?
Yeah, it sucks that he's trying to bring money and jobs to the US.

I see you're moving the goal posts (not a surprise).
Got anything valid to whine about?
Didn't think you could explain the economy. Your pretty good at moving goal post yourself.

Amazing others whine and you never answer any questions.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Yes I have-----

Theme Parks | Disney Sees Record Profit Amid Gains At Theme Parks, TV Channels : Walt Disney World Florida (http://waltdisneyworldflorida.net/walt-disney-news/theme-parks-disney-sees-record-profit-amid-gains-at-theme-parks-tv-channels/ - broken link)

Disney profit leaps 54 percent - Orlando Sentinel
Apparently you need a geography lesson.
You do realize that there is more to tourism in FL than Disney, right?
Obama wasnt there to push tourism for Disney, just in case you couldnt figure it out.
Our economy here is in the crapper.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Do you live in FL?
Do you have any idea how important increasing tourism is to the economy here, and in other states?
Floridas economy is in the crapper, in case you didnt know.
Think they have more problems than tourism.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Think they have more problems than tourism.
It all ties together.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:05 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Have you been to Disney? Main Street is hoppin'. There is a lot of stuff to do there. I also doubt it was just Main Street but also the surrounding rides. And just b/c he was there for an hour absolutely does not mean that part of the park was only closed for an hour.

I personally would be POed if I saved up to go on vacation to Disney and had part of the park closed for any period of time. I've been to Disney more times than I can count b/c I'm from FL so for me it might not be a huge deal but for many, this is a once in a lifetime trip that is costly.
So I am guessing that you know there is more than one park.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:07 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Why is he shutting the place down to the common people who like to go there? It looks like a king or a dictator trying to have a big crowd but inviting the members of the crowd so he can show how popular he is.
Probably security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies