Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2012, 06:45 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Your knee-jerk reaction is missing the point.
He's going there to make a statement. Why can't he do that from DC?

Also, we have massive issues right now that need working on
NOT
for the POTUS to go flying off to a theme park.

Let's see if you can defend his trip without deflecting attention from this issue
to bring up any other president who has been in office.
The way our political system works, politicains are forced to campaign.

This is an election year. It is predicted to be very close.

Since the United States elects presidents using the electoral college, candidates are forced to campaign heavily in states where the results will likely be the closest.

There ya go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 07:51 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,114 times
The perpetual inhabitant obama visits Fantasyland, known as the Land of Make Believe to tell us how he is going to improve the economy while reading from a teleprompter.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:06 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Except that if they had plans at MK they were already inconvemienced.
I just checked with my official Disney source. Only Main Street was shut down. All park guests were routed through a backstage area into Tomorrowland. (And backstage at any Disney park is a real treat for the true fan. ) Wait times for rides were very short.

Sorry, haters.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:10 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
So I am guessing that you know there is more than one park.
I'm guessing that you know there is an additional $37. charge per ticket to add a "park hopper".

Old 01-19-2012, 08:21 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I'm guessing that you know there is an additional $37. charge per ticket to add a "park hopper".
It actually depends on how many days you purchase your ticket for. The more days you add the cheaper the hopper is per day.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:23 PM

Its been reported the perpetual inhabitant Obama visited the Hall of Presidents, viewed self for three hours.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:25 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
The scam artist did this only to cover his sorry butt for destroying jobs in Florida by shutting down NASA and other Florida jobs.

No one is falling for his scam.

He cost tons of people good paying jobs in Florida along the important I-4 corridor and he knows it. Now he is trying to scam people into not remembering the welfare Presidents ways.

Then goes off to the 3 million dollar lunch fund raiser in NYC.

How nice, country going to hell under his control and he is not in Washington working and fixing the mess he created.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:35 PM

Did obama sing "When you Wish upon a Star"...when he was standing in front of the make believe castle?

Perhaps he was humming it..

Old 01-19-2012, 08:38 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I just checked with my official Disney source. Only Main Street was shut down. All park guests were routed through a backstage area into Tomorrowland. (And backstage at any Disney park is a real treat for the true fan. ) Wait times for rides were very short.

Sorry, haters.
Obama's visit was inconsiderate. Defend it all you like.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:43 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
They've been talking about it non-stop on the local Orlando channels since it was announced.
They announced when he touched down, had coverage of the parts of the park that were open, the whole thing.
And??? They still did not show the security that happens BEFORE a President arrives to any area. You think they just let the President pop in somewhere without sending in secret agents to do a sweep of the area first? And then there is his staff to go in and set up, the media to set up. Trust me, it isn't a 10min thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies