Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 04:49 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Seriously. Why do you have such a deep hatred for those who make good money in the United States?

Simple question. Don't deny it. Answer it.
Seriously? Many of us are "the rich people".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 04:51 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Your point might be logical if it were the RICH Dems calling for more taxes... but politicians aside, I really don't think that's the case. And if it matters any, I'm neither a Democrat nor do I support tax raises for the wealthy.
Lol. That's rich!

Old 01-17-2012, 04:52 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Where did I say "ban" Walmart? Thought so

Of course there are other companies like walmart, but that person was implying that Walmart employees loved it there and I said that they are not neccesarily happy

If we raised tarrifs on foreign made junk so that we could buy American, a company like walmart would cease to exist.
Wal Mart would still be here.. They buy in quantity thus getting large discounts. Their prices would go up to offset the increased cost, but so would their competitions prices....Wal Mart would still be here, but I agree we need to add tarriffs to imports

Old 01-17-2012, 04:52 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I agree to some extent, BUT:

The "sweatshop" assertion has no basis in reality in most cases. People who manufacture products in China and other countries for Walmart and the like are making far better money than they could if those jobs were not in those countries.

As far as "immoral business practices," what exactly do you mean? Morals are subjective. If someone is engaging in illegal business practices, they should be prosecuted. If you have a big enough problem with a legal business practice, try to get it made illegal.

As far as inheritances, should they not be allowed?
The sweatshop thing was proven in Nikes case.

Inheritance is cool, but those who did inherit are being shown by the right as being "self made people". What if every person in America inherited a multi million $ company?

If a company has enough money it can buy "not guilty"

Immoral business practices including what I said earlier plus, gender discrimination... I wonder how much they paid the system off

Old 01-17-2012, 04:53 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Seriously? Many of us are "the rich people".
How dare you!

Taking money from the poor! From the mouths of babes!

Pay up!

Old 01-17-2012, 04:55 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
How dare you!

Taking money from the poor! From the mouths of babes!

Pay up!
Good suggestion. Why can't they voluntarily follow your advice?

Old 01-17-2012, 04:58 PM

7,724 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Seriously. Why do you have such a deep hatred for those who make good money in the United States?

Simple question. Don't deny it. Answer it.
The better question is, why do they hate rich people but worship them? Celebrity culture is almost synonymous with liberals. They are the ones buying their products, purchasing their music, and tuning in to their tv shows and movies, thus making them richer. Then they have the audacity to complain about the %1. Yeah the %1 you worship and made richer. Morons I tell you.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:01 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Good suggestion. Why can't they voluntarily follow your advice?
Oh, you mean like Warren Buffett who owes the government a small fortune? Or how about Michael Moore to name a couple... Hypocrits at their liberal finest

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The better question is, why do they hate rich people but worship them? Celebrity culture is almost synonymous with liberals. They are the ones buying their products, purchasing their music, and tuning in to their tv shows and movies, thus making them richer. Then they have the audacity to complain about the %1. Yeah the %1 you worship and made richer. Morons I tell you.
Do you have any proof that it's "mostly liberals" who worship celebs, or are you just talking out of your butt? I don't know the answer to that question, but it seems celebrity worship is an American thing - not just a liberal thing, especially considering the reality shows (like that awful Kardashian one & Jersey Shore) are just as popular in red states.

14,480 posts, read 11,278,588 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Castigating rich people for "not paying their fair share" isn't hating them.
If you went to a store and you asked the clerk how much some product costs would you expect the clerk to ask back "Well, how much do you have?" So why is it OK for the government to do this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies